SUNDERLAND AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: SUNDERLAND AWAY THREAD

Post by augie »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Giroud has failed to score in 19 of his last 20 matches in all competitions, he deserves all the abuse he gets after saying himself that he was more than good enough to lead the line for us, he gets no sympathy from me.

Yes it's down to the manager for not buying a top class striker to replace him but for a player to make the claim he is good enough and then not deliver is his own fault :roll:

When did he ever say that?! I seem to remember him asking for a quality striker to brought in!
Regardless if he is asked in an interview if he is good enough he isn't going to say no is he?

Judge on what you see, not what the sun on Sunday tells you

Since he has joined he has worked hard and played well above his level, he isn't good enough but he has contributed a lot and worked hard. Much Much more than a lot of others who get away Scott free.

He said it at the start of the season (either just before or just after the transfer window closed) when the world and it's mother were begging le cock to buy a quality striker - I know at the top level you have to have complete confidence in your own ability, but f.uck he aint nowhere near top quality and I am saying that whilst acknowledging that a 4-4-2 would suit him better

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Giroud has failed to score in 19 of his last 20 matches in all competitions, he deserves all the abuse he gets after saying himself that he was more than good enough to lead the line for us, he gets no sympathy from me.

Yes it's down to the manager for not buying a top class striker to replace him but for a player to make the claim he is good enough and then not deliver is his own fault :roll:

When did he ever say that?! I seem to remember him asking for a quality striker to brought in!
Regardless if he is asked in an interview if he is good enough he isn't going to say no is he?

Judge on what you see, not what the sun on Sunday tells you

Since he has joined he has worked hard and played well above his level, he isn't good enough but he has contributed a lot and worked hard. Much Much more than a lot of others who get away Scott free.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... ss-4065266

The ease with which you can swat away the Giroud fan-club....
:roll:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Aaaaaaand more ammo....read his last quote...

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/arsenal/story/2 ... erry-henry

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Giroud doesn't deserve the abuse he gets. He really doesn't. The bloke has contributed (carried) our forward line for years, on his own, and has played Far above himself. Now he is fucked after being flogged for years, he is very limited but the bloke try's for the Arsenal.

Compare him to Walcott the big fucking coward.

The fault, for both, is at Wengers door.
LOL. The definition of Giroud "carrying" the Arsenal forward line on his own for years:

1. Over 1,100 minutes without a league goal back end of 2014/15

2. Bettered that record by going over 1,300 minutes without a goal this season

3. Has managed less CL goals in the past 3 years than Lewandowski managed in half a campaign with Dortmund

4. Eliminated us against Monaco through sheer ineptitude

5. Has managed a pitiful 53 goals in 4 years as Arsenal's undisputed number 9. That's a rough count of about 13 a year.
Pathetic with the chances you get at Arsenal.

Giroud is a reflection of everything rotten at this joke of a club: overhyped, underachieving, no courage, no leadership, mentally brittle, slow, lack in quality but is overpaid and has a loud mouth. The guy is shit and Thierry Henry called it spot on that you'll never EVER win a thing with such a donkey as your number 9. Yet we had many of the Giroud fan-club (the CEO just gave his keynote :lol:) up in arms.

Oh dear. :roll:

To make matters worse that useless c**** came out with that classic line just before Xmas:

"My title-winning experience will help the team get over the line"
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

In that case might as well sign up Ayvin Demetolov who won the Kazakh All-Stars Premier League last year and brings much experience :rubchin:

What's pathetic, is that we have the usual embarrassing contingent asking people to "lay off poor little Olly and his delightful hair gel". Leave off. Giroud "working hard" is bollocks and anyone claiming that clearly knows less than zero. Watch today as a microcosm of this tosser: never once tries to stretch the defence. Makes no effort to stay onside as he cant be arsed ruining his perfectly manicured quiff. Didn't ask a SINGLE question of Kaboul. When afforded space to carry the ball, shirked responsibility and gave a yard sideways pass before jogging back (into an offside position of course). When in the box never asked questions or tried spinning his marker - something that requires no pace. When they needed an outlet to run the channels and hold it up? Monsieur Le Chapman was hanging on the only Sunderland CB. It's easier to hide that way. :roll:

That wankstain steals over £120k a week from the club.

Neymar earns £77k a week and Barca fans are talking about selling him because he parties too much. This is a guy voted on top 3 ballon d'Or and got almost 40 goals last year and won a Treble. That's how pressure works at big clubs.

I'll say it again, we need to get rid of certain fans from this club. Hammering Giroud after years of consistent shite, which is easily proven with facts is the right thing to do.

Anyone pleading leniency for him can do one and go follow netball with Olly Chapman :roll:
Again you spin everything you deluded prick. I said he has carried us - he has! Nobody else has been there to help him, I never said he was good enough I said he has actually tried for the badge. Doesn't mean he is good enough, but doesn't deserve the abuse.

I've spent over 3k this year watching Arsenal, live, and you want to 'get rid of fans' like me? Fuck off you *word censored*.

Remember when Welbeck scored and you came straight on here to praise Tottenham? Idiot, keyboard warrior *word censored*.

Sit by your keyboard mate stealing credit card details thinking your something - clearly bullied at school
Last edited by Bendtners Drinking Buddy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Jesus Christ itchy, you are wearing me down and I'm even agreeing with you

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Giroud doesn't deserve the abuse he gets. He really doesn't. The bloke has contributed (carried) our forward line for years, on his own, and has played Far above himself. Now he is fucked after being flogged for years, he is very limited but the bloke try's for the Arsenal.

It's not often I agree with Itchy, but his response is spot on.

When you say he's carried our forward line, what do you mean? People are usually referred to as 'carrying' a team when their performances are good enough to keep an otherwise poor team succesful. He's been in our forward line, but his general play and especially his goal return has been poor.

In what way has he 'played far above himself'? What does that even mean? He's certainly not playing above the level we should expect from a 100+k pw player.

His movement is limited and unintelligent. He has no guile or finesse. Consequently, he's rarely in a good position and when he is he just swings a leg at it. He may have made a stab at being the big bloke in an old-style Withe/Shaw, Toshack/Keegan partnership but he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

I'll agree that AW should never have seen him as our No.1. We shouldn't abuse his lack of ability, though his lack of effort deserves it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redsenga1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote::barscarf: ..... :barscarf: ..... :barscarf: .........COME ON YOU BANNERS!........ :barscarf: ..... :barscarf: ..... :barscarf:

Man, some of those banners are just embarrassing and do us no good whatsoever. :oops:
What would you propose as an epic banner then? Any serious ideas considered...
Note my use of the word "some"? So obviously the other ones there that DON'T look like childish gash.

And the new one armchair posted on the banner thread. 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Today was everything wrong about AW in one neat package.

Slow centre-forward, who's not scored in 14 PL games - check, put him in the starting line-up.

70 minutes. On the fucking dot bring on Wally. After all, his previous substitute appearences have gone so well.

Leave Campbell, currently our only player who runs directly at the opposition (Alexis has forgotten how) on the bench.

Don't change tactics. After all, we looked soooooo dangerous in the first half.

Drab, dreary, predictable and mind-numbingly painful.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:

LOL. The definition of Giroud "carrying" the Arsenal forward line on his own for years:

1. Over 1,100 minutes without a league goal back end of 2014/15

2. Bettered that record by going over 1,300 minutes without a goal this season

3. Has managed less CL goals in the past 3 years than Lewandowski managed in half a campaign with Dortmund

4. Eliminated us against Monaco through sheer ineptitude

5. Has managed a pitiful 53 goals in 4 years as Arsenal's undisputed number 9. That's a rough count of about 13 a year.
Pathetic with the chances you get at Arsenal.

Giroud is a reflection of everything rotten at this joke of a club: overhyped, underachieving, no courage, no leadership, mentally brittle, slow, lack in quality but is overpaid and has a loud mouth. The guy is shit and Thierry Henry called it spot on that you'll never EVER win a thing with such a donkey as your number 9. Yet we had many of the Giroud fan-club (the CEO just gave his keynote :lol:) up in arms.

Oh dear. :roll:

To make matters worse that useless c**** came out with that classic line just before Xmas:

"My title-winning experience will help the team get over the line"
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

In that case might as well sign up Ayvin Demetolov who won the Kazakh All-Stars Premier League last year and brings much experience :rubchin:

What's pathetic, is that we have the usual embarrassing contingent asking people to "lay off poor little Olly and his delightful hair gel". Leave off. Giroud "working hard" is bollocks and anyone claiming that clearly knows less than zero. Watch today as a microcosm of this tosser: never once tries to stretch the defence. Makes no effort to stay onside as he cant be arsed ruining his perfectly manicured quiff. Didn't ask a SINGLE question of Kaboul. When afforded space to carry the ball, shirked responsibility and gave a yard sideways pass before jogging back (into an offside position of course). When in the box never asked questions or tried spinning his marker - something that requires no pace. When they needed an outlet to run the channels and hold it up? Monsieur Le Chapman was hanging on the only Sunderland CB. It's easier to hide that way. :roll:

That wankstain steals over £120k a week from the club.

Neymar earns £77k a week and Barca fans are talking about selling him because he parties too much. This is a guy voted on top 3 ballon d'Or and got almost 40 goals last year and won a Treble. That's how pressure works at big clubs.

I'll say it again, we need to get rid of certain fans from this club. Hammering Giroud after years of consistent shite, which is easily proven with facts is the right thing to do.

Anyone pleading leniency for him can do one and go follow netball with Olly Chapman :roll:
Again you spin everything you deluded prick. I said he has carried us - he has! Nobody else has been there to help him, I never said he was good enough I said he has actually tried for the badge. Doesn't mean he is good enough, but doesn't deserve the abuse.

I've spent over 3k this year watching Arsenal, live, and you want to 'get rid of fans' like me? Fuck off you *word censored*.

Remember when Welbeck scored and you came straight on here to praise Tottenham? Idiot, keyboard warrior *word censored*.

Sit by your keyboard mate stealing credit card details thinking your something - clearly bullied at school
LOL. Quality response :coffeespit:
Even included the obligatory racial stereotype at the end. Good show and sorry I had a pop at your fella Madame Giroud :lol:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Was just about to post this. Gotta say DT talks a lot of sense.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

He does mate.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Not a great game but to be fair we didn't want it to be, if we'd tried to play football we'd have got fucked. As it was I was confident that our central midfield would win that battle, Kirchhoff is class and I can see why Bayern Munich signed him, now he's free of injury he won't be here long. M'Vila and Cattermole are always up for a fight too, they stopped us being exposed through the middle. Khazri and Borini worked hard but were poor, which meant no good chances for Defoe which cost us. Thankfully Kaboul and Kone were canny at the back, and mannone made a couple good saves. Point about fair.

Fair play to the gooners up here today, good turn out, canny loud and good craic before and after the game. Special shout out to the lad who gave my lasses bairn his programme when he overhead him saying he'd lost it and when there weren't any sellers around, glad I saw him again in the halfway house (pub near the ground) where he was waiting for his bus home so I could get him a pint. Top lad. Keep the pressure on the board, this season should have been arsenals and it's fairly criminal how they've let it slip while charging the highest ticket prices in Europe, charge top dollar expect to be judged for it, only fair