The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
terry henry

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by terry henry »

Don't really understand why we would sign Morata given his goal scoring record. wonder if he would be a replacement for walnut rather than competition for the lamp post.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Kvltman wrote:http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 53841.html

45 minutes spent on practicing goal kicks? Who pays that much attention to detail?? Rather Wenger ball, just go and play your game!!

Szcesney may have been a less than excellent keeper after showing some promise (as well as an idiot at times) but this casts further questions about Wenger's methods, after what Fabregas and Henry have said in the past. Do we just have a five a side in training and 5 laps around the pitch??
Haha what a load of sour grapes bollox from an absolute twat :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

So who have we bought :rubchin:

Is the xhaka one a done deal, too lazy to look on google and hungover :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Looks like another saga.....

We understand they were taken early so as he could join up with his national team - the pictures do not mean the deal has been done.

Will laugh my bollox off if this does not complete......

MrT

Post by MrT »

Some social media gossip shite for today, Ozil just liked this picture on Instagram :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

45 minutes spent on practicing goal kicks? Who pays that much attention to detail?? Rather Wenger ball, just go and play your game!!

Szcesney may have been a less than excellent keeper after showing some promise (as well as an idiot at times) but this casts further questions about Wenger's methods, after what Fabregas and Henry have said in the past. Do we just have a five a side in training and 5 laps around the pitch??
Absolutely I wouldn't pay any attention to what that prick says.

The only reason why Wojciech Sczcesny is a worse goalkeeper now than 5 years ago is Wojciech Szczesny. Social media hero who thought he had made it after a few games.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:

The only reason why Wojciech Sczcesny is a worse goalkeeper now than 5 years ago is Wojciech Szczesny. Social media hero who thought he had made it after a few games.
Think he had some ability problem with him was himself his father and his fucking BIG EGO

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Much as Wilshere annoys me for his off-field antics and his glass ankles, he is good to watch when playing well. He hasn't had the best game tonight, but a couple of times, he showed that balance he has when on the ball. Will he come good for England, if chosen, and follow it up with a good season for Arsenal?

markyp

Post by markyp »

casgooner wrote:Much as Wilshere annoys me for his off-field antics and his glass ankles, he is good to watch when playing well. He hasn't had the best game tonight, but a couple of times, he showed that balance he has when on the ball. Will he come good for England, if chosen, and follow it up with a good season for Arsenal?
yup,he might make one game in a row

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp wrote:
casgooner wrote:Much as Wilshere annoys me for his off-field antics and his glass ankles, he is good to watch when playing well. He hasn't had the best game tonight, but a couple of times, he showed that balance he has when on the ball. Will he come good for England, if chosen, and follow it up with a good season for Arsenal?
yup,he might make one game in a row
:lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Twitter: According to @ManuLonjon, @GFFN and @RMCsport, Arsenal have entered into discussions over signing Mehdi Benatia!

&

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/05/report ... s-benatia/

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

northbank123 wrote:

Wanker's training methods are as out-dated as they once were novel. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they do the same shit now as they did when he first arrived. The only people who seem to think he is any good are the players who were there when he first came and were thankful that his 'visionary' ideas on stretching and diet meant that they could have a few extra years after being on the piss every few days for 10 years. They look back now and are grateful for him extending their careers and making them more money. When in the last 10 years has any player ever spoken about how good training is or how inspiring Wanker is?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Wanker's training methods are as out-dated as they once were novel. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they do the same shit now as they did when he first arrived. The only people who seem to think he is any good are the players who were there when he first came and were thankful that his 'visionary' ideas on stretching and diet meant that they could have a few extra years after being on the piss every few days for 10 years. They look back now and are grateful for him extending their careers and making them more money. When in the last 10 years has any player ever spoken about how good training is or how inspiring Wanker is?
Seriously Perry you think he didn't fuckin practice kicking a ball :oops:

He's just shit at it, thats all, as he is shit at most of the goalkeeping attributes, I'm all for Wenger fucking off just a smuch as most on here are but this is a ridiculous idea that players are not coached, they would have been since the age of 5 ffs.

The reason we fail is that the players are not of a high enough calibre and that is Wengers fault :|

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Seriously Perry you think he didn't fuckin practice kicking a ball :oops:

He's just shit at it, thats all, as he is shit at most of the goalkeeping attributes, I'm all for Wenger fucking off just a smuch as most on here are but this is a ridiculous idea that players are not coached, they would have been since the age of 5 ffs.

The reason we fail is that the players are not of a high enough calibre and that is Wengers fault :|
I'm not saying that they're not being coached and I agree that some of the players over the last decade have been fucking shit but I don't think the manager coaches them very well. I don't think he can make a player better any more. His methods are out-dated and not good enough for today's environment. I think there are a lot of better managers or coaches or whatever we call them these days than the one in charge of our club. The constant repeating of the same mistakes means either the players are fucking thick or the manager isn't working on ways to improve. Either way, it needs changing. Average players can work well and succeed in an intelligent system but decent players can fail to improve under bad coaching. For the last decade, my feeling is that training and drilling of players at Arsenal has been very poor.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

As far as training goes. Clichy once commented how much more intense and physical training is at Man City. I have always felt this is an insight to our poor injury record - our players play one touch 5 a side football in training, then simply cant cope with the high intensity games, as training does not make them durable enough. And apparently Wenger focuses a lot on cardio training to improve heart rate and fitness, yet he does it excessively and places unnecessary stress on our players joints, hence the constant injuries.

Players bodies need to be indoctrinated into the rough and tough aspect of the game. They need to get tackled in training, and they are not training for a triathlon, FFS Wenger listen to the new age physio's. Thats the arrogance of him - wont even listen to medical professionals.