New kit and new number 7!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

New kit and new number 7!

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... w-home-kit

There is even an "authentic option" for £100......

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/puma-h ... /m74970801

And Alexis is the new number 7!

Gunner Rob

Re: New kit and new number 7!

Post by Gunner Rob »

£100 :lol: :lol:

just the sight of Giroud wearing it is enough to put me off buying this

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Looks reasonable, fairly tight though. Great news for all the fat chubbers in their 50s trying to squeeze into that. The vertical stripe does nothing at all for the shirt, but you have to have something new in there each time to make it stand out I guess.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... w-home-kit

There is even an "authentic option" for £100......

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/puma-h ... /m74970801

And Alexis is the new number 7!
Brilliantly, Pravda.con give a link to the new squad numbers and it still shows Rosicky at 7 and Sanchez at 17! :lol: :roll:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I hate the stripe down the middle.

How many years do you have to spend at art school to draw a greasy-looking line.

The rest of it ... meh.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Robin_L wrote:Looks reasonable, fairly tight though. Great news for all the fat chubbers in their 50s trying to squeeze into that. The vertical stripe does nothing at all for the shirt, but you have to have something new in there each time to make it stand out I guess.
haha :D

To be fair, anyone in their 50's still buying the current shirts needs to have a word with themselves :D.

I'm only half serious but really I don't see the point of buying the latest shirts once you stop playing football yourself in the park or 5 a-side etc. Which for most is probably mid to late 30s. Always makes me laugh when I see a grown man walking round Tesco during midweek in a football shirt. Have you got nothing else to wear? Do you really think anyone gives a sh-t who you support? If anything it will just make someone who doesn't know you dislike you.

On match days if you really have to wear colours then the retro shirts on older fans look pretty good I think ... but when the players are in their 20s and you're in your 40's or 50's then don't try and look like them FGS because now more than ever it looks ridiculous.

And certainly don't give the club 100 quid for a monstrosity that looks no different from last years monstrosity.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TBH of all the players that Wenger signed that "didn't quite work out" for one reason or the other, the greatest missed opportunity for me was Rosicky. A very talented and skillful player that actually liked to run at the oppo. His technique was superb too. I loved the way he could hit a pass with his out-step and land it exactly where he wanted, on the ground, in the air, over 20 yards, or 70 yards.

I know I know - his injury record was almost Diaby-esque and he should have been off the payroll a few years ago, but I see it as a real shame his career was so blighted by injury. :(

For me he was a classy player with real talent and we'll always have that dinger he scored against the scum to remember him by. 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Another season, 3 more hideous kits from Puma :barscarf: :barscarf:

Still at least there's only one more year left on their deal after this before hopefully we jump ship to adidas and I finally get my hands on those glorious originals reissues from the 80s 8)

Anyone see the marketing blurb for this one?

this season's kit remembers the transformational years of Arsenal Football Club, inspired by players, managers and moments from the 90s.

:coffeespit: Transformational years.........transformed from what exactly? No mark, small time, tin pot, minnows Arsenal FC into all conquering, swashbuckling European Cup dominating Arsene FC?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Another season, 3 more hideous kits from Puma :barscarf: :barscarf:

Still at least there's only one more year left on their deal after this before hopefully we jump ship to adidas and I finally get my hands on those glorious originals reissues from the 80s 8)

Anyone see the marketing blurb for this one?

this season's kit remembers the transformational years of Arsenal Football Club, inspired by players, managers and moments from the 90s.

:coffeespit: Transformational years.........transformed from what exactly? No mark, small time, tin pot, minnows Arsenal FC into all conquering, swashbuckling European Cup dominating Arsene FC?
...transformed from a magnificent historic football club into a Corporation that dabbles in football. :(

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I usually don't have strong opinions about something as trivial as the shirt design but that line down the middle is irritating. It looks like a printing glitch. :?

I hope I get used to it because at the moment it's like someone is running their nails down a blackboard.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Farewell TR7. We hardly knew ye. But I still loved your game!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:TBH of all the players that Wenger signed that "didn't quite work out" for one reason or the other, the greatest missed opportunity for me was Rosicky. A very talented and skillful player that actually liked to run at the oppo. His technique was superb too. I loved the way he could hit a pass with his out-step and land it exactly where he wanted, on the ground, in the air, over 20 yards, or 70 yards.

I know I know - his injury record was almost Diaby-esque and he should have been off the payroll a few years ago, but I see it as a real shame his career was so blighted by injury. :(

For me he was a classy player with real talent and we'll always have that dinger he scored against the scum to remember him by. 8)
Aaaa feckin Men - There is a reason he was callled 'The Little Mozart' Because - as Db says beside his amazing technique - He could Orchestrate those around him and so the game - His ability to make the whole team and so the name move up several gears is something he did naturally - Both him and Eduardo - Could have changed the trajectory of Arsenal's fortune had they not had the very different injuries that blighted both their careers....

That goal that Eduardo scored after he came back from his awful injury having had his ankle snapped in 2 by that scumbag cunnt taylor - when he hit it with the outside of his left foot in mid-air against Burnley....simply a thing of beauty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT-aL--07TA

:bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21:

I sometimes think people forget just how Lethal he was in front of goal....He was also one of the reasons we were on target for the title till the Birmingham game.

Sadly he was never ever the same again after that horrific injury. :cry:

Rocky#7

Post by Rocky#7 »

No idea what the vertical stripe is all about, all we had to do was put another horizontal stripe across so it would look like the St Georges cross on chest.

We've really missed out on a trick there :-(

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I quite like the away strip to be honest but the home strip is spoiled by that stripe down the middle it's just not 'Arsenal' if you get what i mean.... :?

Rocky#7

Post by Rocky#7 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:I quite like the away strip to be honest
Has that yellow / gold black one been confirmed yet?