The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ed Hunter The Gooner

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
augie wrote:Btw, the club has just announced that sanchez will be wearing number 7 next season so I assume that he is staying - I always felt that ozil was the more likely to go, but it would look woefully embarrassing for the club if they announced that he is changing his number, and then a few weeks later that he was changing clubs :lol: :lol:
I have picked up on the fact that Walcott isn't being used as one of the models bandied about for the new kit - which I am taking as a sign of his impending sale :barscarf: :barscarf:
Think I saw some marketing pictures of him wearing the new kit somewhere in Instagram though.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Poor old Granit - he's still waiting outside the physio's room waiting for Higuain to come out so he can have his medical. Could be a while yet.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Ibra moving to United? With Mourinho likely to spend on other big players as well, that's worrying.

Would have loved to seen the big man wearing the cannon at some point. Even now he's miles better than what we have.

He is a class player. He is a lazy c.unt. He always has been a lazy c.unt. He always will be a lazy c.unt. We have enough lazy c.unts. That is all 8)
You deserve to be a Mod with such insightful posts as that Augie!

AUGIE !

AUGIE !

AUGIE !

AUGIE !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:moderator: Incitement. One week ban. :redcard2:

:lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Poor old Granit - he's still waiting outside the physio's room waiting for Higuain to come out so he can have his medical. Could be a while yet.....
It really is only an Arsenal transfer that could be involved in such farce, even the kit launch had to be brought forward as a result of the pictures of him in it yet there's still no confirmation of his signing.

I will piss myself if this doesn't go through but will still make Xhaka captain of my virtual "I nearly signed him" XI :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Double :cussing:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Poor old Granit - he's still waiting outside the physio's room waiting for Higuain to come out so he can have his medical. Could be a while yet.....
It really is only an Arsenal transfer that could be involved in such farce, even the kit launch had to be brought forward as a result of the pictures of him in it yet there's still no confirmation of his signing.

I will piss myself if this doesn't go through but will still make Xhaka captain of my virtual "I nearly signed him" XI :barscarf:
Yep, sometimes it really is beyond common sense that how the hell this kind of basic thing is so fucking hard to execute in our club. How hard can it be to just close the deal and get over it and move on to the next one. Jesus wept.

spike241

Post by spike241 »

It's probably BS but I read somewhere that he'll be completing the second part of his medical when he meets up with Switzerland squad (if he hasn't already) which is why the photoshoot was done so early.
I have no idea why that would be the case, maybe the medical team got injured during the first part? Fuck knows

augie

Post by augie »

Common sense often goes out the window and I know that, but why the f.uck would the club take photo's of a guy in the new kit when he hasn't even signed for us yet ? :? If he gets injured training with his international team either prior to or during the euro finals, can the club opt out of the transfer ? If he stars in the euros then will he be free to sign for a different club ? I know that the talk is that he hopes that the signing is done prior to the euro's, but he is training for his international team right now so injury is a possibility right now - if you were in his shoes would you commit to a club that seems to be dragging its feet ? The player himself stands to lose out now if he waits for a club that isn't pushing to get the deal done, and if I was him I would be getting my agent to see if there is any love for him in any of the other big clubs

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That might well be the case but I'm also considering the possibility that he went into the medical room, met our medical team and they injured him. He's now 2-3 weeks away from signing and will be 2-3 weeks away for the next 20 years.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just confirmed on Pravada, the farce is over :barscarf:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

rodders999 wrote:Just confirmed on Pravada, the farce is over :barscarf:
Thank God, we can all wave our dicks in the air and cry tears of joy as we actually signed someone. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Arsene knows best.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:So the photoshoots and medicals were already last week, where the fuck is the confirmation about Xhaka signing then? Hopefully the braindead didn't start to haggle his price or salary on the finish line.
Think you've answered your own question there mate, our guys got hold of him, did an extensive medical and by the end of it he could just about crawl on all fours :roll: :shock:

So we've decided against it, he's not for us :lol:
Didn't realize Thomas Hitzlsperger was our new physio :D :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

f he gets injured training with his international team either prior to or during the euro finals, can the club opt out of the transfer ?
He'd have to lose a leg to even make Wonga reconsider!! Bearing in mind he knew Kallstrom had a broken back when he signed him!! :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

TeeCee wrote:
f he gets injured training with his international team either prior to or during the euro finals, can the club opt out of the transfer ?
He'd have to lose a leg to even make Wonga reconsider!! Bearing in mind he knew Kallstrom had a broken back when he signed him!! :roll:
If he doesn't suffer a long term injury how will he acclimatise to being an Arsenal player? Induction for new players is on the treatment room not the dressing room..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
In an earlier era, a more cynical person than I might scream "BUNG!!" about the Kallstrom signing. :shock: :wink:

Deffo one of the weirdest signings ever.... :rubchin: