THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:We needed a centre back long before the end of the season but what's happened? Fuck all. Wenger's way. :censored:
Come on, man. Did you really want him to "kill" Mertesacker? :?

Yes. The answer to that is yes. :wink:

That's a Banning Comment right there! :barscarf: :mrgreen:
Okay. You are banned.

Glad to help.

:D :wink:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

http://sport.bt.com/football/news/arsen ... 4072244709
Never mind the back tracking, the message from Cech is clear.
Imagine if any player at United during Fergies reign had suggested he could do well in another job.
He would have kicked his ass into the street, but it shows among the playing staff, clueless now carries about as much respect as the tea lady.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:http://sport.bt.com/football/news/arsen ... 4072244709
Never mind the back tracking, the message from Cech is clear.
Imagine if any player at United during Fergies reign had suggested he could do well in another job.
He would have kicked his ass into the street, but it shows among the playing staff, clueless now carries about as much respect as the tea lady.

Bottom line is he is NOT a manager :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Alan Brazil & Parlour on Talk Shite this morning saying how the FA really, really want Wenger but Parlour chuckling said nah Wenger is very settled and happy at Arsenal. You bet he is, 8m a year, no expectations.....
Durham of course had a completely different view... said Wengers had 20 years and he still hasn't managed to put a team together at Arsenal England WILL NOT tolerate that, thick as 2 short planks, Darren Gough thinks it's a great idea. How on earth can people like Brazil not see through this fraud???

Wenger would last one season at any other top club or at international level. He would get found out immediately, and he knows it.

Oh and btw Wenger is on record as saying he doesn't like Talk Sport because it's "too aggressive". Can you imagine this pussy in the England job.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wonder how Wenger is feeling today after last nights performance from the "best forward in the tournament"?? Half decent opposition and one again he puts in a ponderous, wretched performance. OUR main man, our number 1.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:Wonder how Wenger is feeling today after last nights performance from the "best forward in the tournament"?? Half decent opposition and one again he puts in a ponderous, wretched performance. OUR main man, our number 1.
Alright, let's not lose the plot, buddy. "Half decent opposition"??? The current world champions??!! :lol: That was top notch opposition and it clearly demonstrated that Giroud is nowhere near that standard, but then so many supposedly far superior strikers failed to deliver anything in this tournament.

But I do absolutely agree he is not good enough to be our number 1 striker. And certainly not in a 4-5-1.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

A few more teams in the euros have been trying 2 up top. Couldn't we try Sanchez up top next to/ just behind Giroud? Surely worth a try for a few games.

silus

Post by silus »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:A few more teams in the euros have been trying 2 up top. Couldn't we try Sanchez up top next to/ just behind Giroud? Surely worth a try for a few games.
I know Giroud gets a rough ride on here, but I think he would work well up front with a partner.

Unfortunately, this would involve changing our "system" and employing tactics....so it ain't gonna happen.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

silus wrote:
bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:A few more teams in the euros have been trying 2 up top. Couldn't we try Sanchez up top next to/ just behind Giroud? Surely worth a try for a few games.
I know Giroud gets a rough ride on here, but I think he would work well up front with a partner.

Unfortunately, this would involve changing our "system" and employing tactics....so it ain't gonna happen.
I agree. Giroud will never be top class but a pragmatic manager would get more from Giroud by playing to his strengths. But Wenger insists on wedging players into his system no matter whether it suits them or gets the best from them.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

4-2-3-1, every game & all the time, no matter what, no matter when, no matter who.

Its a negative trait among a manager who hasnt changed formation in over 10 years. He reminds of of those rigid small thinkers who recoils in horror at the thought of change.

Itd what I hate most about him, he isnt bold, brave or adventurous. But bland, boring and consistent - consistently predictable.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Really, what is the point now of having this *word censored* in charge of the club? He's tactically fucking stupid, can't sign any players or refuses to even look for players, drives the only decent players we have out of the door or injures them, sits on a huge salary and moans about money ruining the game, is completely out-dated in every single facet of modern football and can't even get close to winning major honours. This summer is showing just how little the top players and agents think of him. Why bother going to Arsenal as you have to play for him and you won't win anything? With Maureen back in the league and the other managers more settled, this is the season when it will all come crashing down around Wanker. In order to even compete with City, Man Utd or even the Chavs, he needed to spend big, spend early and make a statement. He hasn't and won't. He's fucked and as a result, so are we.
At this point, I think the board are just happy to stick with the cash cow that is Wenger, until we eventually slide outside the top four. Then we will have a few years of hearing how he is the man to lead us back into the CL. I don't foresee Wenger leaving with the club in any sort of healthy position. When he does eventually fuck off, we will be heading closer to mid-table, than to the top of the league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:Is Wenger still out in France?

Does the pope shit in the woods ? :wink: Of course he is still there .....................who could be able to give as educated and informative opinion on all things tactical, as the great arsehole wenker ? Throw in the bonus expert opinions on European economy, and you have a real delight for the ignorant French masses :roll:

Dunno Augie but All Grizzly Bears are Catholic. :tonysaunders:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Really, what is the point now of having this *word censored* in charge of the club? He's tactically fucking stupid, can't sign any players or refuses to even look for players, drives the only decent players we have out of the door or injures them, sits on a huge salary and moans about money ruining the game, is completely out-dated in every single facet of modern football and can't even get close to winning major honours. This summer is showing just how little the top players and agents think of him. Why bother going to Arsenal as you have to play for him and you won't win anything? With Maureen back in the league and the other managers more settled, this is the season when it will all come crashing down around Wanker. In order to even compete with City, Man Utd or even the Chavs, he needed to spend big, spend early and make a statement. He hasn't and won't. He's fucked and as a result, so are we.
At this point, I think the board are just happy to stick with the cash cow that is Wenger, until we eventually slide outside the top four. Then we will have a few years of hearing how he is the man to lead us back into the CL. I don't foresee Wenger leaving with the club in any sort of healthy position. When he does eventually fuck off, we will be heading closer to mid-table, than to the top of the league.

Apart from the option of him leaving - We are fuckked...He will remain in charge - until like Heston said of guns - "From My Cold Dead Hand" and that's Wenger to a "T" - He will have to give up the ghost before he leaves, unless he makes a monumental blunder in his private life - I mean the DJ Frog banging didn't make it beyond a few lines inthe papers before his lawyers issued one of them reporting restriction thingamebibs - feckk where's that studentlawyer kid when you need him - aaaaaany way - he survived that and the subsequent divorce - without breaking stride or kicking a bottle - so sadly he is here to stay despite all we may wish for......

Which just goes to prove another thing about the pope - He may shitt in the woods but he's also a *word censored* - The times he has been asked to 'ave a word with the bloke upstairs' and still wenger is in charge.

I wonder if praying to Allah will work? :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:Wonder how Wenger is feeling today after last nights performance from the "best forward in the tournament"?? Half decent opposition and one again he puts in a ponderous, wretched performance. OUR main man, our number 1.
Alright, let's not lose the plot, buddy. "Half decent opposition"??? The current world champions??!! :lol: That was top notch opposition and it clearly demonstrated that Giroud is nowhere near that standard, but then so many supposedly far superior strikers failed to deliver anything in this tournament.

But I do absolutely agree he is not good enough to be our number 1 striker. And certainly not in a 4-5-1.
By half decent, I mean anything above the cannon fodder level of the group stages. The teams there to make up the numbers....

I wouldn't mind if Giroud put in a shift at Arsenal, if he gave his all... but he doesn't, he plays with an air of entitlement and with body language that suggests everybody around him is letting him down. Imagine Ferguson or Mourinho putting up with that attitude. Again.... players attitude comes back to Wenger, he's the one who allows it.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Has he gone yet?