The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by GranadaJoe »

I suspect Aw sees Debuchy as the interim replacement for BFG. He did Ok last time he played there and we know TOF loves his internal solutions.

There is some paper talk of Jesé being unsettled at Madrid. He looked an incredible prospect before his injury and my Madrid-supporting mates thought he would become the next Raul. After his injury he put on a few pounds, lost a bit of pace and was only a bit part player. However, I'm not particularly impressed with Ligue 2 prospects or even Lacazette, so he may be an affordable alternative.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36901943

Get this *word censored* out of our club. The excuses have already started. Another season of Giroud going missing. Fuck off Arsenal.
That *word censored* couldn't lie straight in bed :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Get this *word censored* out of our club. The excuses have already started. Another season of Giroud going missing. Fuck off Arsenal.

The thing that I cant understand is that, having publicly said that developing players, tactics etc are more important than who a club buys, then why doesn't he correlate that back to wenker and hold him responsible for us being left behind in those area's ? It's like when he and wenger said that Leicester's success shows that a club doesn't have to spend big to be successful - if that is indeed the case, then shouldn't we ask why we haven't been winning leagues ahead of citeeh. the chavs and manure then ? Havent we been constantly told that we cant compete with the mega money (which he also says in this article :? ), but yet Leicester were able to do it so obviously raineiri and his tactics and training methods are superior to le cock's :roll: :evil:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

“That means we can’t afford to make huge mistakes in the transfer market. We can’t afford to outgun competitors that have far more money to splurge on transfer fees than we do. So we have to be very careful, very selective about how we do things.”

It's basically saying that Wenger is scared shitless to buy a player and then make an error with it, so better to do nothing. He goes on to more or less say that there will be nothing done this week, so that leaves us with two weeks before the season opener.

Wenger is so past it, he sounds like a very old man when I read things like this. The thing is that there are players out there to buy. No one is asking for top drawer, but ffs do something or get the f*ck out.

He's going to get hounded out this year, folks. I can feel the curtain falling to a chorus of boos. As it stands now, we ain't making the top 4 with this squad and Sanchez and Ozil will be off.

augie

Post by augie »

I ask this question every fcuking summer ...........what club would be stupid enough to sell one of their best players to us in the last week or two of a transfer window, knowing that it will leave them nearly no time to buy in a replacement ? Le cock talks about poker and suggests that the last two weeks of a window is when the market seems to shake up, but surely a selling club would demand a much higher price in the last few weeks if the buying club is now desperate to bring in their player ? Wenker has already shown absolute distain towards spending big on players, so he expects clubs to be willing to sell to him in the last two weeks and he expects them to sell cheap as well, and that isn't the way businesses are run - economics degree my arse :roll: :oops: :oops:

Unless the c.unt is willing to spend big on a reus or abamayueng (sp :oops: ) quality striker, then I don't want him to buy any striker
Unless the c.unt is willing to spend big to bring in a top quality defender, then I don't want him to buy any defender

I want him to suffer the greatest capitulation ever seen in the football world 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Can't compete with rivals who have more money? Oh, fuck off. Why not? Why have you been lying to us for years about being able to compete in x number of years? A year ago, you were on about being able to buy anyone but now, it's about not being able to compete because the tv money has made things more equal. Well, why the fucking hell, didn't you blow others out the water last summer and in January if you knew this was going to happen? It's fucking horrific mismanagement yet again. How is this pathetic, negative attitude allowed to persist? This is the year it all falls down.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:I ask this question every fcuking summer ...........what club would be stupid enough to sell one of their best players to us in the last week or two of a transfer window, knowing that it will leave them nearly no time to buy in a replacement ? Le cock talks about poker and suggests that the last two weeks of a window is when the market seems to shake up, but surely a selling club would demand a much higher price in the last few weeks if the buying club is now desperate to bring in their player ? Wenker has already shown absolute distain towards spending big on players, so he expects clubs to be willing to sell to him in the last two weeks and he expects them to sell cheap as well, and that isn't the way businesses are run - economics degree my arse :roll: :oops: :oops:

Unless the c.unt is willing to spend big on a reus or abamayueng (sp :oops: ) quality striker, then I don't want him to buy any striker
Unless the c.unt is willing to spend big to bring in a top quality defender, then I don't want him to buy any defender

I want him to suffer the greatest capitulation ever seen in the football world 8)
That will happen when the player is under contract for longer than a year. If they only have one year, it makes sense to wait, although you will likely drop points in the league because of it.

There is growing anger in the internet world, but the reality is that the fans at the bowl will likely back him as much as I would like it to be a cauldron of disdain.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

augie wrote:I ask this question every fcuking summer ...........what club would be stupid enough to sell one of their best players to us in the last week or two of a transfer window, knowing that it will leave them nearly no time to buy in a replacement ? Le cock talks about poker and suggests that the last two weeks of a window is when the market seems to shake up, but surely a selling club would demand a much higher price in the last few weeks if the buying club is now desperate to bring in their player ? Wenker has already shown absolute distain towards spending big on players, so he expects clubs to be willing to sell to him in the last two weeks and he expects them to sell cheap as well, and that isn't the way businesses are run - economics degree my arse :roll: :oops: :oops:

I would extend that, to what club would sell us their best players, period? Look at the players we have got in the last few years, even our best players like Sanchez and Ozil, were not wanted by their own club's, therefore were easier to sign. We will always be able to get the likes of Xhaka, because he was playing for a smaller club, in an inferior league, but the chances of us ever being able to attract top players from clubs(unless the club in question is offloading the player) is zero.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Thinking about it some more I have come to the conclusion that it's all an elaborate bluff :rubchin:

We are lulling our competitors into a false sense of security and then BAM!!!!! All of a sudden 3 world class players are announced simultaneously :shock: :lol:

You may well laugh but in a weeks time when the worlds media are at the bowl and then the camera pans round to see rvp, denilson and vermaelen holding up the sacred jersey you will realise I was right and wenger has finally realised his mistakes 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Paddy Power taking the piss on social media -

"Hearing unconfirmed reports that Arsene Wenger has just walked into a pound shop and offered to buy something for 50p"

:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I said yesterday that I expect wenker will sign tv5 now - his quotes suggest that he is looking for an experienced centre back so what makes more sense than buying an injury prone former player that is available on a free transfer ? It is orgasm time for wenker :roll: :oops: :oops:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:I said yesterday that I expect wenker will sign tv5 now - his quotes suggest that he is looking for an experienced centre back so what makes more sense than buying an injury prone former player that is available on a free transfer ? It is orgasm time for wenker :roll: :oops: :oops:
tbf he is better than gabriel...

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

the playing mantis wrote:
augie wrote:I said yesterday that I expect wenker will sign tv5 now - his quotes suggest that he is looking for an experienced centre back so what makes more sense than buying an injury prone former player that is available on a free transfer ? It is orgasm time for wenker :roll: :oops: :oops:
tbf he is better than gabriel...
and bfg, but doesnt work with kos and is injury prone

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

Gazidis statement is finally confirmation that the club has no intention of competing for the top prizes, like we didn’t know all along, Stan now has something to blow the money we earned on (his new LA Rams project)

That’s why TOF has been kept in place all this time and WILL be offered a new contract, its difficult to judge the size of a club by money in the bank, trophie won etc. but when it comes to ambition we are rapidly slipping further and further down the league

The way I see it at the moment we are clearly behind 3 Spanish clubs, 2 German and 2 Italian on the European front, as for the Premier league, well clearly City, Utd, Chavs and probably Liverpool now, how long West Ham start flexing a bit of financial muscle with the money flowing in the from their new stadium, we seem to be at level of the Scum who are building a new stadium.

The virtual trophy will be under serious threat this year especially if we get off to a bad start, the future not looking rosy at all.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Anyone else looking forward to reigning Van Persie and Vermaelen? :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I see we've been linked to Shkodran Mustafi, German international CB who plays for Valencia. Decent player and I think would do well at Arsenal.

I would be happy with Kos and Mustafi with Gabriel as 3rd choice. I want Mertesacker no where near the club to be honest.

I have never in my life heard of Ben Yedder and I can't say I want him at Arsenal, with that being aid, I can't criticise the guy entirely because I've never heard of him or even seen him play. He may be blinding but at the end of the day, it has got to a point where I ant a recoginised star striker.

Lacazette is the man we should go out to get in my opinion. No chance with Icardi and we certainly haven't got the balls to go to PSG and poach Cavani from them. Lacazette is quick, strong and a good finisher, alright he's no Ian Wright but he is no where near a bad as Olivier Giroud either. He's only 25 as well, there is still a good few years in him at the top level and he can only get better in my opinion.

I would b happy if our attack looked like:

----------Lacazette-----------
Alexis------Ozil----------Ox

I'd be ecstatic if our attack looked like this:

---------Lacazette---------
Alexis-----Ozil-------Mahrez

Unfortunately, we'll start the season like this:

----------Sanogo--------
Walcott--Cazorla----Ox