THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Wilson »

Now he is calling Pogba's transfer fee mad. I agree to an extent, but if Pogba is worth 150m in three years, then its entirely justified. Football is seeing high inflation in player prices. It seems with every year the value of players goes up. In the real world, in times of expected inflation, people but assets ASAP as the will see an appreciation in value with ongoing inflation. For an 'economist', Wenger doesnt really see whats happening. Although he portrays himself as the raitonal minded person who will not be brought down when the 'collapse occurs. However, how long has Wenger been floating the idea that the football market will undergo a huge market correction, and the values of players and wages paid will come crashing down.

I for one, think football is recession proof. I think the appetite will always be there to buy tickets, but kits and subscribe to tv packages to watch the games. There will be no crash. The market will simply peak, and then slow down.

Wenger is failing to realise the rapid inflation in footballers is an opportunity. 3 years ago Suarez was available for 40m. Now what is he worth? about twice that? Were losing money not signing top players. Were losing money not selling players like Walcott for 25m in this crazy market. The time is now!!!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

A new day. :D

More than 40 years of waking up. Staggering levels of consistency. :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

armchair wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Found something i actually agree with Wenger on.......crazy prices of players now......Pogba to Man Utd at around £92 million

pure madness
Wenger picking up £8.3 million a year, Walcott on £7.25 million and Sanogo on £1.5 million.
Sanogo on £1.5 million a year!

Now that really is crazy!
Agreed......i would have them all on the dole queue

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Wilson wrote:Now he is calling Pogba's transfer fee mad. I agree to an extent, but if Pogba is worth 150m in three years, then its entirely justified. Football is seeing high inflation in player prices. It seems with every year the value of players goes up. In the real world, in times of expected inflation, people but assets ASAP as the will see an appreciation in value with ongoing inflation. For an 'economist', Wenger doesnt really see whats happening. Although he portrays himself as the raitonal minded person who will not be brought down when the 'collapse occurs. However, how long has Wenger been floating the idea that the football market will undergo a huge market correction, and the values of players and wages paid will come crashing down.

I for one, think football is recession proof. I think the appetite will always be there to buy tickets, but kits and subscribe to tv packages to watch the games. There will be no crash. The market will simply peak, and then slow down.

Wenger is failing to realise the rapid inflation in footballers is an opportunity. 3 years ago Suarez was available for 40m. Now what is he worth? about twice that? Were losing money not signing top players. Were losing money not selling players like Walcott for 25m in this crazy market. The time is now!!!
It is only natural that the prices for players increases as money flowing in increases also. It's a question about basic demand and supply. In wenker world the money should lie in bank accounts and he doesn't realize that there won't be any kind of huge crash as you said.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:A new day. :D

More than 40 years of waking up. Staggering levels of consistency. :barscarf:
Needs to go in the stupid early risers thread :roll:

Congratulations though, you have earned the right to decide what time you retire for the night this evening.

augie

Post by augie »

I find it ironic that the man who constantly complains about the huge inflation of transfer fee's, never feel's the need to complain about the huge increase in wages - would an £8m per season contract have anything to do with that I wonder :rubchin: :roll: :censored:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

if we had bought Higuain for £30 million 3 years ago and then sold him this summer for £75 million Wenger would not be moaning about transfer fees... :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Stop commenting on other clubs transfer dealings you gormless turnip cretinous fucking prick.

Did you hear any other club comment about your pathetic amateurish attempt to sign Jamie Vardy which obviously you royally fucked up? NOPE.

Did you hear any other club comment on the fact you bought a Swiss midfielder who's hardly set the world on fire for 35 million quid? NOPE.

Did you hear any other club comment that despite needing a world class striker for around 4 seasons now off you went to the J League and signed some fucking no mark who even admitted he thought it was a piss take when first told of our interest? NOPE.

So Arsene do us all a massive favour and shut the fuck up having an opinion on absolutely everything and only open your snide, lying hypocritical mouth when you've either signed someone yourself or to announce that you are fucking off.

JUST PISS OFF

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

^^^ What He Said ^^^

:? :banghead: :cussing:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:I find it ironic that the man who constantly complains about the huge inflation of transfer fee's, never feel's the need to complain about the huge increase in wages - would an £8m per season contract have anything to do with that I wonder :rubchin: :roll: :censored:
Exactly what I was thinking!

Football prices are are obscene in every area. But maybe if Wenger is not happy with the rising prices in football he should set an example and accept the salary George Graham was paid 25 years ago ?!

Although he'd still be getting far more than he deserves!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:Stop commenting on other clubs transfer dealings you gormless turnip cretinous fucking prick.

Did you hear any other club comment about your pathetic amateurish attempt to sign Jamie Vardy which obviously you royally fucked up? NOPE.

Did you hear any other club comment on the fact you bought a Swiss midfielder who's hardly set the world on fire for 35 million quid? NOPE.

Did you hear any other club comment that despite needing a world class striker for around 4 seasons now off you went to the J League and signed some fucking no mark who even admitted he thought it was a piss take when first told of our interest? NOPE.

So Arsene do us all a massive favour and shut the fuck up having an opinion on absolutely everything and only open your snide, lying hypocritical mouth when you've either signed someone yourself or to announce that you are fucking off.

JUST PISS OFF
He appears quite happy to justify the astronomical Increase in ticket prices mind, that normal people struggle to afford.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ce-7356641

Just a wee reminder of what Lord Fuckstick said just 5 months ago. So it's ok for fans to pay "dizzying prices" because that's how a market economy works....but of course never acceptable for the club to give anything back by signing class and sacking the cretin :roll:
Funniest bit is he's so retarded he went as far as to claim the Emirates cost £128m when it cost well over double that. Absolute joke he is. His knowledge of economics is farcical. £30m was too expensive for Higuain 3 summers ago, he's now cost more than double that. £50m was also too much for Suarez, who would now also cost more than double that. Of course though, paying Walcott, Le Donkey et al £££ is very smart :lol:

Still. He isn't the biggest problem at the club is he? No no it's Kroenke and Gazidis who force him to repeat arrogant summers that pre-date their arrival eh? Kroenke is a huge problem but it's clear the most immediate hurdle is Lord A-Hole. :rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ce-7356641

Just a wee reminder of what Lord Fuckstick said just 5 months ago. So it's ok for fans to pay "dizzying prices" because that's how a market economy works....but of course never acceptable for the club to give anything back by signing class and sacking the cretin :roll:
Funniest bit is he's so retarded he went as far as to claim the Emirates cost £128m when it cost well over double that. Absolute joke he is. His knowledge of economics is farcical. £30m was too expensive for Higuain 3 summers ago, he's now cost more than double that. £50m was also too much for Suarez, who would now also cost more than double that. Of course though, paying Walcott, Le Donkey et al £££ is very smart :lol:

Still. He isn't the biggest problem at the club is he? No no it's Kroenke and Gazidis who force him to repeat arrogant summers that pre-date their arrival eh? Kroenke is a huge problem but it's clear the most immediate hurdle is Lord A-Hole. :rubchin:
Yeah that's the stench of hypocrisy that sums up Wenger and the modern day Arsenal. The moral guardians of football ... except when it comes to what they rake in and what they earn personally :roll:

And I find it hard to believe people see Kroenke as a bigger problem. He only becomes the biggest problem when he starts to hinder the manager. Wenger is doing a good enough job of that on his own and was doing so before Kroenke arrived.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ce-7356641

Woah woah woah woah woah WOAH WOAH!

You're back?! :barscarf:

https://twitter.com/spursofficial/statu ... 6464256000

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The part that amazes me, about this latest transfer window fiasco, is how easy of a ride, Wenger has gotten from the media. There should be numerous articles slating him, if for nothing else, the failure to replace RVP(and he left four years ago). I'm no fan of Mourinho,( I think he is an arrogant, classless wanker), but I found it interesting how the media were lining up to take shots at him, when Chelsea sacked him. This, despite winning a PL the year before, but are happy to celebrate the non-achievement of Mr. 4th place. This same media, were calling fans "ungrateful" for protesting against Wenger last season, yet at the same time, had no problem with Man united fans wanting Moyes to go, less than a year after the departure of a manager who had won 13 PL, and 2 CL. The media are the only ones in a positon to properly criticise Wenger, and for it to have an impact, but they seem happier to stay quiet, and prop up a guy who has been finished as a manager, for the best part of a decade.