The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:According to blokes on Twitter,Mustafai has pulled out of training with Valencia (who are in England ATM )with a foot injury :hmmthink:

You on hols at the moment mc ? I know that the last two weeks of the transfer window are a busy time for transfer guru's such as yourself ( :wink: ), but you seem to be posting more in the last few days
I am indeed on holidays

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:According to blokes on Twitter,Mustafai has pulled out of training with Valencia (who are in England ATM )with a foot injury :hmmthink:

You on hols at the moment mc ? I know that the last two weeks of the transfer window are a busy time for transfer guru's such as yourself ( :wink: ), but you seem to be posting more in the last few days
I am indeed on holidays

I used to read The Hardy Boy's when I was a kid 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Famous Five for me Augie back in the day.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Red Snapper wrote:Don't Barca want rid of Tommy Vermaelen? Could ceertainly not be worse than what we've got and was good in partnership with Kos.
no he was crap with kos. ok with mert

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:Don't Barca want rid of Tommy Vermaelen? Could ceertainly not be worse than what we've got and was good in partnership with Kos.
no he was crap with kos. ok with mert

Totally agree - as a partnership, tv5 and kos were all over the pace :speechless:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Has RVP moved yet, because if not, Wenger would probably re-sign him.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:Has RVP moved yet, because if not, Wenger would probably re-sign him.

I'm only sorry that he wont cost us £30m :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

My biggest frustration with Arsenal's transfer dealings is that we have money, everyone in Europe knows Premier League clubs have millions in the bank from TV deals, yet we are going into the European market, trading like we are at a car boot sale.
We will not get a bargain deal until we drop out of top 6 and European football. We are top 4 and in CL. Last season Southampton paid £8m for Van Dijk yet was available to us for £16m. Unfortunately, the mark up comes with the territory. Pay it, get the deal done.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Lads if we can welcome back a player who moaned that we didnt lend him to manchester united we can welcome back RVP ,NAsri and Adebarndoor ,but why go for these hasbeens when Bendtner and Vermaelen are available !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

just being reported fuck knows the truth of it......

Arsenal have reportedly had an offer of around €18m rejected by Valencia for defender and German international Shkodran Mustafa.

Also heard Ben Yedder whoever he is also rejected the Arsenal....again who knows if its true

If any of this is only half true, how many rejections is that???

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

If he rejected us then 2. Him and Vardy

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:If he rejected us then 2. Him and Vardy

Saw vardy quoted somewhere yesterday saying he never had any talks with anyone at Arsenal.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:If he rejected us then 2. Him and Vardy

Saw vardy quoted somewhere yesterday saying he never had any talks with anyone at Arsenal.
You've been very quiet in terms of any transfer rumblings coming from France, McD.......anyone would think that your source of information on French players had suddenly disappeared or something :wink:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Nos89 wrote:My biggest frustration with Arsenal's transfer dealings is that we have money, everyone in Europe knows Premier League clubs have millions in the bank from TV deals, yet we are going into the European market, trading like we are at a car boot sale.
We will not get a bargain deal until we drop out of top 6 and European football. We are top 4 and in CL. Last season Southampton paid £8m for Van Dijk yet was available to us for £16m. Unfortunately, the mark up comes with the territory. Pay it, get the deal done.
Our squad, as it stands, is good enough to get top 4 this year - business done as far as Wenger is concerned :barscarf: We can't 'outgun our rivals' remember, Ivan said so :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:My biggest frustration with Arsenal's transfer dealings is that we have money, everyone in Europe knows Premier League clubs have millions in the bank from TV deals, yet we are going into the European market, trading like we are at a car boot sale.
Our squad, as it stands, is good enough to get top 4 this year - business done as far as Wenger is concerned :barscarf: We can't 'outgun our rivals' remember, Ivan said so :roll:

Don't think its good enough, and don't think they will get top 4