All roads lead to Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: All roads lead to Arsenal

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Anyway, chin up lads, at least we're competing with Europe's elite now so the loss has been worth it...

Herd

Post by Herd »

Looks weird from the Heath but it still tells me where Home is

Cant give it up !

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Used to be able to see Highbury Stadium to the left of that view, looks like some AKB cúnts :twisted: have planted a tree or two since 1996. :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Herd wrote:Looks weird from the Heath but it still tells me where Home is

Cant give it up !
Worries me that you can't give up hanging around on Hampstead Heath!

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote]Worries me that you can't give up hanging around on Hampstead Heath![/quote]

I love the Heath, Im all over it and Kenwood and Parliament Hill with my lad and the missus every weekend . Its a family urban paradise .
However I avoid what is known as the West Heath the other side of whitestone pond behind jack straws castle which is a little more exotic ! :barscarf:
The womans pool on sunny days is fur burger central !

Sean

Post by Sean »

I didn't know you could see Cashburton from Parliament Hill :shock:

I was a regular visitor there back when my Dad (RIP) lived in Gospel Oak (1997-05).

During daylight hours, I might add! :lol:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Herd wrote:
Worries me that you can't give up hanging around on Hampstead Heath![/quote]

I love the Heath, Im all over it and Kenwood and Parliament Hill with my lad and the missus every weekend . Its a family urban paradise .
However I avoid what is known as the West Heath the other side of whitestone pond behind jack straws castle which is a little more exotic ! :barscarf: The womans pool on sunny days is fur burger central ![/quote]

Maybe at night but that bit called the Hill Garden is a great place for a stroll on a sunny day.

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Can't beat matchday! Travelling to Emirates was so much easier living in Watford. Now living in Bristol but try to attend every home match. Still get the same excitement now than when I did attending my first ever match. The smell of burgers, the yelling of "programmes" when approaching the ground. One club, one family. Arsenal FC

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

In the 80s walking from Finsbury park station, past the Plimsol arms as we get nearer the ground you could hear the boys on the North bank getting the chants going always made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck especially if it was a night game, a London derby or the Middlesex swamp dwellers were visiting, that feeling will never go away.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ah the Plimsoll , I used to use that for a few years,prior to that for me it was the Arsenal Tavern . Is it still the auld triangle ?
Never liked it after they changed it ,still struggling for a decent boozer now although I do use the Kings Head on occaision !

beck

Post by beck »

Kvltman wrote:Image

So many memories but this is the last picture I took at Highbury, can't remember the opponent but was in farewell season. The quality is a bit crap but was only taken on an old Samsung mobile!

What I loved most was the proximity to the pitch and the players, have so many memories of being so close to the players you could almost reach out and touch them.
I think it's the league cup semi final v Wigan ?

Sean

Post by Sean »

hertsgunner wrote:In the 80s walking from Finsbury park station, past the Plimsol arms as we get nearer the ground you could hear the boys on the North bank getting the chants going always made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck especially if it was a night game, a London derby or the Middlesex swamp dwellers were visiting, that feeling will never go away.
My parents lived a few doors down from there. I was 'started' there :oops:

I was always fated to be a Gooner :barscarf: 8)