WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
glenngould

Re: WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

Post by glenngould »

Yes thanks for pointing out the bleedin obvious, DB10. I'm sick and tired of Wally's relaxed air of complacency, jogging around, puffing his cheeks out when he nearly gets a cross into the penalty area, like 'it almost all clicked into place then and the world would have woken up to my staggering talent, maybe it's just as well they didn't otherwise governments might topple.' Then he gets subbed and jogs off, doing his little clappy thing to the 'fans', obviously he doesn't do an interview unless he's scored (even in a defeat - he's like clockwork!) and then he adopts that casual tone, 'yeah, we'll be ok.' My all time favourite? ‘Once the team wins the first trophy, you will start to see us coming back to where we should be.'
Ok, Whinger picks him, but Wally sums up pretty much everything that we've lost and what we now have instead.

NickF

Post by NickF »

I do think that the club really needs to look at how exactly Walcott was able to get on such a ridiculously high wage despite offering very little and being very inconsistent. He really shouldn't be on more than about 50k a week (and that's probably being generous).

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If we judge Walcott by the same standards as Giroud, then once he sets up a goal(after doing fuck all for months), he can cup his ears to the crowd, and Wenger will then claim he is world class. Walcott is systematic of the general air of mediocrity around the club.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Ray C wrote:
glenngould wrote:This will definitely be the year Walcott steps up. This is the strongest team he's been involved in - the kind of team his talent richly deserves. He's learnt so much over the past few years and the timing of his runs is absolutely first class. He's very, VERY quick and this makes him a nightmare to mark. Obviously we'll be gunning for the League this year - that's what the fans expect at such a big club - but we'll be ok, we have some great talent, and with Walcott leading the line I expect us to be challenging come May. If not then 2017-18 will be the year Walcott steps up, I'm sure of that. Or 18-19. Yeah, obviously.
What a load of bollocks !! Dream on my son. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Whhhhhoooooooooooooosssssshhhhhh!!!! :oops: :oops:

He was being sarcastic, mate. :lol: :wink:
Some things in life you don't joke about. Unless it's AW picking Feo each week. He's having a lend of us and doesn't know it, or maybe he does & couldn't care a fuuck !!. Please just SELL him. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ray C wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Ray C wrote:
glenngould wrote:This will definitely be the year Walcott steps up. This is the strongest team he's been involved in - the kind of team his talent richly deserves. He's learnt so much over the past few years and the timing of his runs is absolutely first class. He's very, VERY quick and this makes him a nightmare to mark. Obviously we'll be gunning for the League this year - that's what the fans expect at such a big club - but we'll be ok, we have some great talent, and with Walcott leading the line I expect us to be challenging come May. If not then 2017-18 will be the year Walcott steps up, I'm sure of that. Or 18-19. Yeah, obviously.
What a load of bollocks !! Dream on my son. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Whhhhhoooooooooooooosssssshhhhhh!!!! :oops: :oops:

He was being sarcastic, mate. :lol: :wink:
Some things in life you don't joke about. Unless it's AW picking Feo each week. He's having a lend of us and doesn't know it, or maybe he does & couldn't care a fuuck !!. Please just SELL him. :barscarf: :barscarf:

ONE HUNDRED and FORTY THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!! he definitely won the lottery

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... up-8546425
Walcott: “I have told the manager that I want to be known for playing on the right again, although I can play up front. “As for myself, I know where I want to play. The manager has said I can play up front. It depends on what game it is. I know I can do a job up front as well as on the right. I want to make my position on the right; that’s where I am now."
£140k a week for a player who, at age 27 and after a decade at the club, has decided he actually wants to play on the right after all :? :shock: :lol:

What is the point of the bloke if neither manager or player can decide where he plays? - what a waste of a career.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

g88ner wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... up-8546425
Walcott: “I have told the manager that I want to be known for playing on the right again, although I can play up front. “As for myself, I know where I want to play. The manager has said I can play up front. It depends on what game it is. I know I can do a job up front as well as on the right. I want to make my position on the right; that’s where I am now."
£140k a week for a player who, at age 27 and after a decade at the club, has decided he actually wants to play on the right after all :? :shock: :lol:

What is the point of the bloke if neither manager or player can decide where he plays? - what a waste of a career.

Interesting a player who has underperformed consistently telling the manager where he wants to play.....meanwhile picking up that £140K a week

Only at Wengers Arsenal :banghead:

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Frustrating. The only consistency about Theo's game is his inconsistency. Bright prospect when we first signed him. Had some good moments, the run against Liverpool in CL etc. Hasn't done nowhere near enough to continue to be wearing the Arsenal shirt though.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

master of PR starting up his routine again on Arsenal website

“[Last season is] gone and it’s in the past,” said Theo. "I don’t need to worry about this anymore. If we dwell on the past then we’re not going to go anywhere.

yeah thats right don't worry you put fuck all effort in on the pitch....just think of the £7 MILLION you stole

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:master of PR starting up his routine again on Arsenal website

“[Last season is] gone and it’s in the past,” said Theo. "I don’t need to worry about this anymore. If we dwell on the past then we’re not going to go anywhere.

yeah thats right don't worry you put fuck all effort in on the pitch....just think of the £7 MILLION you stole
Mr Nice Guy Feo (or "Outrageous Fee-o" as he should be known) should have just said; "we’re not going to go anywhere" and it would be the only pertinent thing he has ever said in his life. :roll: :x

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

The only place Walcott is going is up more blind alleys.

Probably followed by the treatment room.

Post by 1989 »

Shit player and a massive *word censored*.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

1989 wrote:Shit player and a massive *word censored*.
I concur 8)

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

He's worse than Lionel Ritchie on the wing :wink:

We've got Lionel, Lionel Ritchie, Lionel Ritchie on the wingggggggg :mrgreen:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Dodgyknee71 wrote:He's worse than Lionel Ritchie on the wing :wink:

We've got Lionel, Lionel Ritchie, Lionel Ritchie on the wingggggggg :mrgreen:
We've got Tony Daley on the wing.... head down, run like an eejit towards the end line, often forget to bring the ball, deliver nothing. :roll: :|