The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by BFG4 »

Has anyone else noticed a trend with the AKB'S, in that, since they can no longer offer a defence to yet another shambolic transfer window, they have diverted the attention onto Man United paying 100 million for Pogba. Don't get me wrong, he is an overrated lump, (who i'd love to see failing), but criticising the actions of anyone else, when your leader's only actions in the transfer window, is to brag about how he nearly signed top players years ago, seems massively hypocritical.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Overrated he may be to some, but I wish we'd paid £89m for Pogba, as...A) we surely have the funds to do so and.....B) it would improve the team.

Pure jealousy is going to be behind the vast majority of the criticism of United signing this guy. Great player.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:Has anyone else noticed a trend with the AKB'S, in that, since they can no longer offer a defence to yet another shambolic transfer window, they have diverted the attention onto Man United paying 100 million for Pogba. Don't get me wrong, he is an overrated lump, (who i'd love to see failing), but criticising the actions of anyone else, when your leader's only actions in the transfer window, is to brag about how he nearly signed top players years ago, seems massively hypocritical.
Yeah. It's a typical myopic sheep response learned at the feet of the Great Deflector Himself, Arsene Wenger. :roll: :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Robin_L wrote:Overrated he may be to some, but I wish we'd paid £89m for Pogba, as...A) we surely have the funds to do so and.....B) it would improve the team.

Pure jealousy is going to be behind the vast majority of the criticism of United signing this guy. Great player.
Potential to be a great player, but I've seen nothing to say he is currently a great player tbh. I've said before that his loose first touch and style of control will most likely get him badly injured in the PL and I stand by that.

I've cried out for Wenger to buy players but I'd not want him to piss £89m on Pogba. We need a top striker and a top CH far more. :|

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
BFG4 wrote:Has anyone else noticed a trend with the AKB'S, in that, since they can no longer offer a defence to yet another shambolic transfer window, they have diverted the attention onto Man United paying 100 million for Pogba. Don't get me wrong, he is an overrated lump, (who i'd love to see failing), but criticising the actions of anyone else, when your leader's only actions in the transfer window, is to brag about how he nearly signed top players years ago, seems massively hypocritical.
Yeah. It's a typical myopic sheep response learned at the feet of the Great Deflector Himself, Arsene Wenger. :roll: :x
Yep, it's the same with North Korea and the old Soviet Union. Spend all your time criticising the West for something whilst your own peolple starve to death.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

enjibenji wrote:5 days before the start of the season and still no defender or striker signed,the way this club is run from top to bottom is shambolic.
And he gets over £8Million a year for this?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I’m sure that Gazidis, Wenger and Law are working 24/7 to bring in some proven tale…

Nope. Sorry, can’t finish that sentence.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

officepest wrote:I’m sure that Gazidis, Wenger and Law are working 24/7 to bring in some proven tale…

And is Arsehole has a plan we back him. If he doesn't, we keep quiet.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
officepest wrote:I’m sure that Gazidis, Wenger and Law are working 24/7 to bring in some proven tale…

Still one of the most gobsmackingly pathetic statements ever uttered by anyone, ever.

“Hey, employee, do whatever the fuck you want!”

:suicide:

markyp

Post by markyp »

I see Ashely Williams has just gone to Everton for 12m,must be some foul play somewhere cos otherwise how can a player only be muted about a move yesterday already have moved the next day,surely these transfers take weeks and weeks and weeks,im sure Arsene will come up with another excuse at why we cant close deals that quick,i had to larf yesterday when he said the market is difficult for us,WTF :shock:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

people talk about the English players being over hyped and over priced, but 87.5 million for paul pogba is fucking laughable. He has proved nothing and has the first touch of a certain person I've read about on here at a supporters game :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

enjibenji wrote:people talk about the English players being over hyped and over priced, but 87.5 million for paul pogba is fucking laughable. He has proved nothing and has the first touch of a certain person I've read about on here at a supporters game :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll need to narrow that down - could be Fwank, augie, Lefty, Gus/Percy, Spuddy.... :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:

Still one of the most gobsmackingly pathetic statements ever uttered by anyone, ever.

“Hey, employee, do whatever the fuck you want!”

:suicide:
I'd love a boss like that. "Hey, bring that project in. Or don't. Both are good for me." :barscarf: :lol:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Irrespective of whether Stones is worth anything like £47.5m, the fact that we are looking for a defender, doesn't it just sum up the whole situation when you know the chance of his coming here would always have been a big fat ZERO.

He's not worth anything like that money, but it would have been nice to think we'd considered him during the summer and maybe put in a bid. To get Williams and £35m is wonderful business for Everton, and you do start to wonder just how difficult it has been for Guardiola to win so much when he spends as much as he does. I hope he falls flat on his face come the weekend, everyone thinks he the Messiah or something, but Bayern never improved under him, and Barcelona without Messi would never have achieved what they did.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

BFG4 wrote:
augie wrote:I have never really trusted henry but his latest backtrack smacks of cowardice - last season he questioned girouds ability at this level and suggested that we need a better striker, and of course that led to a bitter backlash from le coq :roll: Now he is being interviewed on sky saying that we don't need a new striker - when you consider that a few months after he slated giroud last season, the lamppost went on a 20 game no goals streak, how can he now be considered to be a better player than before henry questioned him ?
Another former player turned cowardly pundit :roll: :oops: :evil: :evil:
Listening to his interview yesterday, he really is the king of generalised criticisms. He goes on about lack of signings, but never names the guy who makes fuck all signings. He shouldn't be a pundit, if he cant call Wenger out, even on the most basic things.
There's video footage of TH14 at the Euros laughing at Giroud's lack of pace as he waddled after a through ball.

Sky's decision to hire him could only have been based on his name, because he's a shit commentator.