Skydive - Paul Smith OBE (fundraising thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Skydive - Paul Smith OBE (fundraising thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

How did the jump go, Paul?

Master Gooner

Post by Master Gooner »

Good Morning DB10 GOONER.

'The Eagle Has Landed'! (19th August 2016) After several postponements the first 2 jumps went up then the weather closed in so we went into 'Hold', people left which meant the jump was in danger of being cancelled, I was going nowhere! Then the break we were hoping for came, the skies brightened up but remained cloudy, the jump was on and within 15 minutes were were airborne climbing to 13,000ft! Because of the cloud base we couldn't go any higher. The jump was the most amazing experience I've had in ages, free falling for 50 seconds but it felt like we were floating through the clouds then the colours of the fields appeared and life looked so good. I'd love the the fundraising total to go as high as I did and hopefully it will! Thank you for your tolerance of me, my challenges I have embarked on but most of all thank you for your friendship, kindness and generosity in helping make a difference to other people's lives!

Our best wishes

Paul, Jane and crew.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Master Gooner wrote:Good Morning DB10 GOONER.

'The Eagle Has Landed'! (19th August 2016) After several postponements the first 2 jumps went up then the weather closed in so we went into 'Hold', people left which meant the jump was in danger of being cancelled, I was going nowhere! Then the break we were hoping for came, the skies brightened up but remained cloudy, the jump was on and within 15 minutes were were airborne climbing to 13,000ft! Because of the cloud base we couldn't go any higher. The jump was the most amazing experience I've had in ages, free falling for 50 seconds but it felt like we were floating through the clouds then the colours of the fields appeared and life looked so good. I'd love the the fundraising total to go as high as I did and hopefully it will! Thank you for your tolerance of me, my challenges I have embarked on but most of all thank you for your friendship, kindness and generosity in helping make a difference to other people's lives!

Our best wishes

Paul, Jane and crew.
Well done Gooner Paul! :barscarf: 8)

We'll leave this as a sticky for a few more days, hopefully a few more Gooners will contribute.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Cheeky few quid on its way to your charity causes...
My wife assessed some Swimming Teachers helped hugely by the Demelza Children in Kent, who despite their final few months and days had huge smiles on their faces, shit I am about to cry, big boyz don't cry!

Best wishes and keep up the good work... :-D