THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Rodders999 - August 23rd 2016 -
"I am sorry that back in 1940's Strasbourg old Pappa Wenger didn't empty his bag on Madame Wenger's baps rather than up her burger, that way we would have been spared this never ending cycle of sh1t"
:coffeespit: :lol: :lol:

Literally laughing out loud in the office here! :oops: :lol: :lol:
+1 :coffeespit:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
"I am sorry that back in 1940's Strasbourg old Pappa Wenger didn't empty his bag on Madame Wenger's baps rather than up her burger, that way we would have been spared this never ending cycle of sh1t"

Mee too! :lol: ...People looking at me as if to say what's so funny about last months financial spend/??????

You kill me Rodders you really do...:high5:

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Mee too! :lol: ...People looking at me as if to say what's so funny about last months financial spend/??????

You kill me Rodders you really do...:high5:

:barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

Every time I read it I laugh out loud again. :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Wilson wrote:He operates on both sides of the fence. On one hand, he rationalizes not winning the league or CL because other clubs have bigger resources. Yet at the same time, rejects the notion spending money improves the team.

He switches sides simply to suit him. When the transfer window is open, its money doesn't buy success. Although when the season is in full swing, he plays the role of the financially constrained manager who despite his best efforts, cant make up the spending short fall. And we are to celebrate the 'success' of finishing in the top 4 with 'limited resources'. Simply ignoring the fact the 'limited resources' are self imposed. Also ignoring this is a manager who rejected the notion spending improves the team, but when it suits him, wants to use money spent as a justification for why he doesn't compete for the league or CL.

He gets away with it, because the press never call him out on it.

I also dont rate Wenger as a man, and not just a manager. Because what kind of principled man so easily changes positions just to advance his own interests.
I agree, and last year was the prime example. I remember a journalist asking him last season, why had Barca enjoyed such success in the CL, since we had met them in the final in '06. Wenger's answer was that they had money, and we didn't. Then, at another point in the season, he said, Leicester had proved, you don't need to spend money to be successful. The guy doesn't do hypocrisy or double standards. He is happy to change his stance, to suit whatever bullshit argument he is trying to make.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'm glad you lot find it so funny.....I am a man on the absolute brink over here :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:I'm glad you lot find it so funny.....I am a man on the absolute brink over here :lol:
Those words used to mean something very different for you, rodders.... :lol: :wink:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

BFG4 wrote:
Wilson wrote:He operates on both sides of the fence. On one hand, he rationalizes not winning the league or CL because other clubs have bigger resources. Yet at the same time, rejects the notion spending money improves the team.

He switches sides simply to suit him. When the transfer window is open, its money doesn't buy success. Although when the season is in full swing, he plays the role of the financially constrained manager who despite his best efforts, cant make up the spending short fall. And we are to celebrate the 'success' of finishing in the top 4 with 'limited resources'. Simply ignoring the fact the 'limited resources' are self imposed. Also ignoring this is a manager who rejected the notion spending improves the team, but when it suits him, wants to use money spent as a justification for why he doesn't compete for the league or CL.

I also dont rate Wenger as a man, and not just a manager. Because what kind of principled man so easily changes positions just to advance his own interests.
I agree, and last year was the prime example. I remember a journalist asking him last season, why had Barca enjoyed such success in the CL, since we had met them in the final in '06. Wenger's answer was that they had money, and we didn't. Then, at another point in the season, he said, Leicester had proved, you don't need to spend money to be successful. The guy doesn't do hypocrisy or double standards. He is happy to change his stance, to suit whatever bullshit argument he is trying to make.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... nchez-News

Here it is, Wenger citing money for why Barcelona marched on from 2006, whilst we didnt.

Fuck principles, he doesn't have any. He changes his mind simply to suit himself at any present time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... nchez-News

Here it is, Wenger citing money for why Barcelona marched on from 2006, whilst we didnt.

Fuck principles, he doesn't have any. He changes his mind simply to suit himself at any present time.
In fairness, Barca's success is based on money. Barca had the money. Unfortunately for Wenger's argument, so did we. :roll:

The difference is that the Whores spent their money wisely on top quality players whereas Wenger pissed our money away season after season on Project Ego, grossly overpaying shit like Almunia, Song, Denilson, Flappy, Vela, Sqiggy, WALCOTT, Stepanovs, Sanogo, Jeffers, Djourou, Flamini, Senderos, Aliadiere, Cygan, Diaby, Hleb etc etc and then extending many of their contracts (with pay rises) for years after it was obvious they were shit (or perma-crocked). :roll:

Just look at this list of Arsenal players under Wenger and at how many of them are Project Ego duds;

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/10/full-l ... ne-wenger/

So much money pissed up against the wall. :| :censored:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

You will not find any man involved in top flight football who is more lacking in principals, more greedy, who is a bigger liar and who is so self obsessed than Mr Arsene Wenger (first time I've used his proper name in years)!

I hate him, genuinely hate him, not just because of the whole process with Arsenal, but because he is the type of person I cannot stand, the things he portrays, believes in and his general characteristics and 'ways' are to me disgusting. There is no honesty, no being humble, no self judgement, no regard for the millions of people who 'support' him. He is a disgrace in many ways and if it came to it that he was run out of town by an angry mob, taken away by men in white coats or just plain sacked, I am going to get very drunk celebrating the day this fucking parasite, and that's what he is, is cast out of our club. Fuck Wenger and everything he stands for. Scumbag.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:You will not find any man involved in top flight football who is more lacking in principals, more greedy, who is a bigger liar and who is so self obsessed than Mr Arsene Wenger (first time I've used his proper name in years)!

I hate him, genuinely hate him, not just because of the whole process with Arsenal, but because he is the type of person I cannot stand, the things he portrays, believes in and his general characteristics and 'ways' are to me disgusting. There is no honesty, no being humble, no self judgement, no regard for the millions of people who 'support' him. He is a disgrace in many ways and if it came to it that he was run out of town by an angry mob, taken away by men in white coats or just plain sacked, I am going to get very drunk celebrating the day this fucking parasite, and that's what he is, is cast out of our club. Fuck Wenger and everything he stands for. Scumbag.
I'd put 'Arry up there with him.

#justsaying

:lol: :wink:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

DB10 - "In fairness, Barca's success is based on money. Barca had the money. Unfortunately for Wenger's argument, so did we"

The funny thing about Barca is that, for all their spending power, many of their key players were academy graduates. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pedro, Busquets, and Valdez, all contributed to the CL'S and League titles they won. Wenger could only dream of his own version of project youth working out so well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:DB10 - "In fairness, Barca's success is based on money. Barca had the money. Unfortunately for Wenger's argument, so did we"

The funny thing about Barca is that, for all their spending power, many of their key players were academy graduates. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pedro, Busquets, and Valdez, all contributed to the CL'S and League titles they won. Wenger could only dream of his own version of project youth working out so well.
True, but my point is when they needed to spend they did - on quality, not quantity. Wenger accumulated so many shit players over those years. Our wage bill I believe at one point was higher than Manure's - and they were winning PL's at the time whilst we scrapped for 4th!! :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

"It's not my money, first of all," he said. "Spending money is good but it's not enough.

"You have to spend money on excellent players. We're having a lot of trouble identifying them. And then on the other hand you still have to be responsible.

"We're a company of 600 people at the moment. You have to pay everyone at the end of the month so you can't do just anything."

Fucking unbelievable :banghead:

doublewinners1971

Post by doublewinners1971 »

So how optimistic are we in getting a result this weekend?

We seriously need some new signings, there isn't much time left!

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

TeeCee wrote:You will not find any man involved in top flight football who is more lacking in principals, more greedy, who is a bigger liar and who is so self obsessed than Mr Arsene Wenger (first time I've used his proper name in years)!

Amen :bowing21:

Agreed 100%