THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:DB10 - "In fairness, Barca's success is based on money. Barca had the money. Unfortunately for Wenger's argument, so did we"

The funny thing about Barca is that, for all their spending power, many of their key players were academy graduates. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pedro, Busquets, and Valdez, all contributed to the CL'S and League titles they won. Wenger could only dream of his own version of project youth working out so well.
Also the (Other) HUGE Difference was barcawhores had Tup Tup Qualiteee managers - whereas we had the clueless, lying, old fool who wouldn't know a tactic if it kicked him in the Bollockss.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
TeeCee wrote:You will not find any man involved in top flight football who is more lacking in principals, more greedy, who is a bigger liar and who is so self obsessed than Mr Arsene Wenger (first time I've used his proper name in years)!

I hate him, genuinely hate him, not just because of the whole process with Arsenal, but because he is the type of person I cannot stand, the things he portrays, believes in and his general characteristics and 'ways' are to me disgusting. There is no honesty, no being humble, no self judgement, no regard for the millions of people who 'support' him. He is a disgrace in many ways and if it came to it that he was run out of town by an angry mob, taken away by men in white coats or just plain sacked, I am going to get very drunk celebrating the day this fucking parasite, and that's what he is, is cast out of our club. Fuck Wenger and everything he stands for. Scumbag.
Amen :bowing21:

Agreed 100%

I whole heartedly Concur. :high5:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
BFG4 wrote:DB10 - "In fairness, Barca's success is based on money. Barca had the money. Unfortunately for Wenger's argument, so did we"

The funny thing about Barca is that, for all their spending power, many of their key players were academy graduates. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pedro, Busquets, and Valdez, all contributed to the CL'S and League titles they won. Wenger could only dream of his own version of project youth working out so well.
True, but my point is when they needed to spend they did - on quality, not quantity. Wenger accumulated so many shit players over those years. Our wage bill I believe at one point was higher than Manure's - and they were winning PL's at the time whilst we scrapped for 4th!! :|
During the years when we first move to the Emirates, I always felt we would have probably won a lot more if we had bought a couple of 15-20m players rather than so many 3-5m players. Considering money was relatively short at the time, the amount we wasted on average player's wages was criminal. But hey what do I know, I haven't got 30 years management experience. :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mattdede wrote:So how optimistic are we in getting a result this weekend?

We seriously need some new signings, there isn't much time left!
Well, he's had John Cross and ArseLickBlog question his Immortal Powers now, so needing a result to quash this mini media rebellion, he'll get it, and we'll win 5-0. :| And then back to the usual shit the following week... :( :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

True, but my point is when they needed to spend they did - on quality, not quantity. Wenger accumulated so many shit players over those years. Our wage bill I believe at one point was higher than Manure's - and they were winning PL's at the time whilst we scrapped for 4th!! :|
During the years when we first move to the Emirates, I always felt we would have probably won a lot more if we had bought a couple of 15-20m players rather than so many 3-5m players. Considering money was relatively short at the time, the amount we wasted on average player's wages was criminal. But hey what do I know, I haven't got 30 years management experience. :banghead:
It's a valid point, Nick.

Can only those with 30 years experience in football management now comment on this thread? Thank you. 8)

:barscarf: :lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Bit of Wenger bingo today:

Unfortunately, nobody speaks about the performance of Rob Holding,” Wenger went on. “You should be happy – he is English, he is 20. But I am sorry he didn’t cost £55m so he cannot be good.”

:D

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

arseofacrow wrote:Bit of Wenger bingo today:

Unfortunately, nobody speaks about the performance of Rob Holding,” Wenger went on. “You should be happy – he is English, he is 20. But I am sorry he didn’t cost £55m so he cannot be good.”

He is basing everything on one performance, only a week removed from conceding 4 at home, with Holding at CB. Not to mention, he made the same comments about Sanogo, and look how that one turned out. Wenger is starting to sound like those losers, who compile clips of a player on YouTube, so it appears their club has signed the next Messi.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Bit of Wenger bingo today:

He is basing everything on one performance, only a week removed from conceding 4 at home, with Holding at CB. Not to mention, he made the same comments about Sanogo, and look how that one turned out. Wenger is starting to sound like those losers, who compile clips of a player on YouTube, so it appears their club has signed the next Messi.
:rubchin:

Like, I dunno, maybe, like, um, clips of Danny Welbeck running a bit fast in places? Like that, huh? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Not sure why anybody should take any notice of John Cross FFS :banghead: never read anything of his

Anyway back to Wenger, this 600 employees quote is again interesting, never heard any manger previously of any club talking like this, this is not in the normal responsibility of a Manager

In my opinion goes to show the level of control he has in the club in every aspect and in every minor detail

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:Not sure why anybody should take any notice of John Cross FFS :banghead: never read anything of his

Anyway back to Wenger, this 600 employees quote is again interesting, never heard any manger previously of any club talking like this, this is not in the normal responsibility of a Manager

In my opinion goes to show the level of control he has in the club in every aspect and in every minor detail
I bet he even interviews the Tea Ladies jsut to make sure they are tup tup qualitea :mrgreen:

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

Used to be, no doubt like many, pro manager, last few years total opposite.
He has had ample opportunity to make the statement we know we can afford, sadly it does not appear yet again, this will happen

Used to idolise the bloke and was so proud to sing his name, the invincibles, the doubles etc, now find it galling hearing the abuse from inside the four walls.

Please for us, your own and our great club, go at the end of the season, albeit an outstayed welcome but one that can be revived :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

OneBardGooner wrote:
TeeCee wrote:You will not find any man involved in top flight football who is more lacking in principals, more greedy, who is a bigger liar and who is so self obsessed than Mr Arsene Wenger (first time I've used his proper name in years)!

I hate him, genuinely hate him, not just because of the whole process with Arsenal, but because he is the type of person I cannot stand, the things he portrays, believes in and his general characteristics and 'ways' are to me disgusting. There is no honesty, no being humble, no self judgement, no regard for the millions of people who 'support' him. He is a disgrace in many ways and if it came to it that he was run out of town by an angry mob, taken away by men in white coats or just plain sacked, I am going to get very drunk celebrating the day this fucking parasite, and that's what he is, is cast out of our club. Fuck Wenger and everything he stands for. Scumbag.

Agreed 100%
I also concur 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sean wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Agreed 100%
I also concur 8)
I also wholeheartedly concur 8) with your concurring of the wholehearted concurring of the agreement with the top post above 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Apparently, Wenger has admitted he treats the clubs money like his own. (The Mirror) .

It's not yours and it comes from us fans. We want you spend, the club say they want you to spend, so do your job improve the team and FUCKING SPEND IT!!!
If the club don't want you to spend it, then we the supporters need to know the reasons why? (Profit and bonuses obviously).
If not, move aside and let someone else do the job.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I see the paper even nicked my name for him!! Should have copyrighted it and made some cash....maybe £50, I could have bought something of top top quality with it.....maybe Theo Walcott?? :?