Legends Game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Legends Game

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:Henry and Bergkamp are'nt going to be playing
WHAAAAAAAAATTTT????!! :shock:

Fuck that. Why not? :|
They have had a little setback in training - we expect them back for the 20 years of tedium celebrations :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

Well I had heard that Henry was leetle beet red zone... :roll: :lol:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Isn't Henry being rested because of the Euros?

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Isn't Henry being rested because of the Euros?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just noticed on the ticket section of the website that the advertising image has been changed from featuring Maldini and Henry to Capello and Wenger.
Obviously now that they have sold all the tickets they no longer need to keep up the pretence of who is playing. :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Zero interest in this nice little earner for Arsenal Football Club , the players and everyone ,there might even be some loose chnage left for the charity afterwards !

Arsenal are taking out a fee for use of the ground and the catering goes right in the bin too , all players are on generous allowances . Its a con !

Butr costecurta\ was a gooner ...............yea right !

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Wanker will probably end of signing some of them.
Baresi probably still better than most of the CB's in the Premier League.
Is Grimandi gonna play? He can reanact his Edgar Davids takedown at DB10's testimonial. It remains one of my favourite moment at the bowl.
I never rated Grimandi as a player - but that moment when the Grimster chopped down Davids and stopped an ex-scummer scoring the first goal at the Conglomerate Lego Bowl gave him LEGEND status for me. 8) 8) 8)
Grimandi and Davids will both be there tomorrow. :barscarf:

Pretty disappointing that Henry and Bergkamp won't be there, but I'm excited to go to this game. Should be fun to see some former players I've never seen before (my first game was in 2009), like Pires and Ljungberg.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Batflyer wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Is Grimandi gonna play? He can reanact his Edgar Davids takedown at DB10's testimonial. It remains one of my favourite moment at the bowl.
I never rated Grimandi as a player - but that moment when the Grimster chopped down Davids and stopped an ex-scummer scoring the first goal at the Conglomerate Lego Bowl gave him LEGEND status for me. 8) 8) 8)

Pretty disappointing that Henry and Bergkamp won't be there, but I'm excited to go to this game. Should be fun to see some former players I've never seen before (my first game was in 2009), like Pires and Ljungberg.
Saw Pires in some charity match a couple years ago and he still had the magic. 8) Haven't seen anything of Freddie for years. Do keep an eye out for one Anders Limpar from our 1991 title side. He was a magical player. He was Dennis Bergkamp before Dennis Bergkamp was! :shock: 8)

Also, in that infamous 21-man "brawl" (really a handbags at dawn pushing session) at Old Toilet in 1990 Anders was the only player to land an actual proper punch, giving manc filth Brian McClair a black eye. :lol:

Legend. :barscarf: 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Batflyer wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Saw Pires in some charity match a couple years ago and he still had the magic. 8) Haven't seen anything of Freddie for years. Do keep an eye out for one Anders Limpar from our 1991 title side. He was a magical player. He was Dennis Bergkamp before Dennis Bergkamp was! :shock: 8)

Also, in that infamous 21-man "brawl" (really a handbags at dawn pushing session) at Old Toilet in 1990 Anders was the only player to land an actual proper punch, giving manc filth Brian McClair a black eye. :lol:

Legend. :barscarf: 8)
:lol: :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Wasn't planning to but will probably give this a watch. Just had a look at the line-ups (and ljunbergs best bits vid) on pravda and quite looking forward to seeing some players i actually like in an Arsenal shirt.

Not quite sure how Cygan made it into the legends side though!

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I wonder if Steve Bould will step out today. Or just sit on the bench and do fuck all like he does most weeks. :D

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Justin Hoyte :shock: :D :D :D

we had Dixon and Lauren as legends and this bloke gets a run out.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Kanu believe it !
He scores with his first touch.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Rosie_titters wrote:Justin Hoyte :shock: :D :D :D

To be fair to Hoyte, he is the only one who can still run.
Overmars is 6 months pregnant !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:Justin Hoyte :shock: :D :D :D

To be fair to Hoyte, he is the only one who can still run.
Overmars is 6 months pregnant !
Yeah did not recognise Limpar....what the fuck has he been doing to look like that :D

Got to say would swap Pires or Ljunberg as they are now for Walcott.....still showing flashes of the old skills

Parlour lasted around 5 minutes... :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Don't know if anyone has seen this interview with Robbie! :barscarf:

phpBB [video]