PSG away 19.45 Tuesday

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: PSG away 19.45 Tuesday

Post by flash gunner »

Giroud hattrick 5-0

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

greengooner wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
greengooner wrote:Great idea putting the time and date of the match in the thread title, now I know when exactly I'll be mowing the lawn
Wrong thread mate :lol: :wink:
Is there a lawn thread I've missed somewhere :roll:
If there is we'd better motor on over there.... :D :dance:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Chippy wrote:
greengooner wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
greengooner wrote:Great idea putting the time and date of the match in the thread title, now I know when exactly I'll be mowing the lawn
Wrong thread mate :lol: :wink:
Is there a lawn thread I've missed somewhere :roll:
I think he is referring to the Kleenex thread. :)
Why dud he hav a colb ? :mrgreen:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

X back in midfield & Cock for Feo out wide so he can kick the Shite out of their left winger !!. 1-1 would be OK. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

We dont need to win. We can play for the draw. Although we never take the long view approach to matches. If this was Jose, he would play for the draw, back the team to beat the two minnows, and beat PSG at home and top the group. But Wenger is to short sighted and will 'play to win' which means exposing the backline and all that goes with it. The more you 'play to win' the more chance to overreach and end up getting beat.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Struggling to accumulate enough fucks so that I might give one... :tumbleweed: :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wilson wrote:We dont need to win. We can play for the draw. Although we never take the long view approach to matches. If this was Jose, he would play for the draw, back the team to beat the two minnows, and beat PSG at home and top the group. But Wenger is to short sighted and will 'play to win' which means exposing the backline and all that goes with it. The more you 'play to win' the more chance to overreach and end up getting beat.
Comment on strategy & tactics once you have put in your 30 years :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Wilson wrote:We dont need to win. We can play for the draw. Although we never take the long view approach to matches. If this was Jose, he would play for the draw, back the team to beat the two minnows, and beat PSG at home and top the group. But Wenger is to short sighted and will 'play to win' which means exposing the backline and all that goes with it. The more you 'play to win' the more chance to overreach and end up getting beat.
Comment on strategy & tactics once you have put in your 30 years :D :D
:lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

it is fairly obvious what will happen.
it doesn't matter how shit they are at the moment.

we will go out and try to win the match but ultimately lose. this is what we do against the top teams in Europe now.
Wenger will then bang on about mental strength and how we still have a very good chance of progressing from the group.

any injuries/suspensions/tiredness can be used as an excuse for our weekend trip to Hull :roll:

Naki_Gooner

Post by Naki_Gooner »

Perez first half hat-trick, lose 4-3 :twisted:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Will be at dulwich hamlets instead.

Ryman league cup :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

apparently from 2018 Champions League matches will kick off at 6pm and 8pm.
the sooner we are out of this competition the better!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gunner Rob wrote:apparently from 2018 Champions League matches will kick off at 6pm and 8pm.
Excellent, more chances to fall asleep especially if you have an early start the next day.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope we don't do our standard leaving-your-arseholes-exposed routine at the biggest group rival's ground :roll:
DB10GOONER wrote:Struggling to accumulate enough fucks so that I might give one... :tumbleweed: :roll:
I agree it's boring as fuck, although technically the PSG games should be the most 'interesting' of this dull group stage.
Gunner Rob wrote:apparently from 2018 Champions League matches will kick off at 6pm and 8pm.
As if they couldn't fuck-up this joke competition already :lol:

Although the kick-off times for eastern European teams are usually 2-3 hours early anyway. Although to formalize it like the Europa League's staggered KO times, just seem to make the competitions more and more similar (aside from the prize money, natch).

I can't wait for a future Matchday Six against FC Astana in Kazakhstan. Who knows? Maybe FC Luch-Energiya Vladivostok will one day qualify for the group stage. Then we can have a lunchtime kick-off in the Be all and End All! :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Go down 3-0 nil. Come back to 3-2 and push PSG very late on. Lose the match, but still congratulate ourselves