FC Basel at home 28/09/16 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: FC Basel at home 28/09/16 19:45

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Another Xhaka 35-yarder on the cards here... :barscarf: 8)

3-0 to The Arsenal.

Make that 4! Good Odds Too! :barscarf:

Iwobi and Alexis to start the ball rolling :barscarf:
Cancel that...both the scum and foxes won last night ergo - the teams that play the following night (just as it happens to teams who play on sat & sun) the day's after results are invariably opposite to those of the previous day/night...

We will draw or lose. :banghead:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I wonder if Elneny will get a start against his old side.

Technically, shouldn't we be happy that TOF is likely to use a rotated side in the Be All and End All? Especially as this damn competition usually wrecks our autumn and spring results in the league (more than our usual self-harming ways). Shouldn't the league be the priority anyway? I just wish that TOF would employ some tactics as well, particularly defensive ones, so we could actually have a chance of progressing further than R16 for the first time in seven years.
StuartL wrote:
markyp wrote:im a bit surpised to be honest with all the predictions for this one,i think the euphoria of Saturday has gone to a few peeps heads,i imagine 20 minutes into this one and we will be reminded of why we hate Arsene as we endure a load of slow paced tippy tappy shite once again with Alexis making little impression up front,we should win but cant see it being the land slide some are predicting
Relax, its Basel at home.

Its not like they have a good European pedigree in recent years beating Man Utd or Chelsea and Bayern Munich is it ?

Its not like we have a history of underestimating supposedly inferior opponents is it ?

We are The Arsenal, we let the opposition worry about us remember :roll: :wink:
When you put it like that... :? :lol:

I suppose it seems that 'on paper' we should beat any side from Switzerland. Of course, when you take into account our typical lack of tactics and bottle, it becomes yet another potential banana-skin.

It's nice that some TRY to be positive, but the reality of the last decade has hammered most of us down.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:I'm amazed this fixture is B category £36.50 to watch champs league that seems ok to me
are you serious? it is just a lowly group game in a competition we don't even try to compete in :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

markyp wrote:im a bit surpised to be honest with all the predictions for this one,i think the euphoria of Saturday has gone to a few peeps heads,i imagine 20 minutes into this one and we will be reminded of why we hate Arsene as we endure a load of slow paced tippy tappy shite once again with Alexis making little impression up front,we should win but cant see it being the land slide some are predicting
totally agree.
we were up for it on Saturday, but don't forget that for tonight there will have been no preparation for the opposition and don't forget that we lost to Olympiacos at home in the equivalent fixture last season

MrT

Post by MrT »

Doesn't this happen every year? Confidence riding high, come up against ''easy'' European opponents and get embarrassed like only Arsenal can.

Basel are no mugs either. On paper we should win, that's all I'll say.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

MrT wrote:Doesn't this happen every year? Confidence riding high, come up against ''easy'' European opponents and get embarrassed like only Arsenal can.

Basel are no mugs either. On paper we should win, that's all I'll say.
On Paper yes, but we are playing on an Artificially Cultivated (as in Forced) Grass and Plastic laced pitch....with hidden sprinklers, 2 layers of Carbonised (Breathable) Rubber AND 6 layers (3cm deep) of the finest quality (filtered)sand imported from Saudi.

:?

Don't blame me - It' was in the July edition of the Monthly Gardeners Journal - Where the use of artificial Grass was the main topic...and No! I didn't buy it - It was in the dentists waiting room.

Sean

Post by Sean »

phpBB [video]

:blah: :blah: :blah:

phpBB [video]

:rubchin:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Wearing the yellow away kit tonight, apparently.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... hange.html
Bizarre! Somebody in UEFA must be frigging colour blind.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

yelooooooooooows

can we get a yellow and navy version of this one please mods :barscarf: 8)

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

What a load of old tosh ....Home team to change kits ....because the poor away team havnt got a third kit !

silus

Post by silus »

5-1 to The Arsenal :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ospina and xhaka start,replacing Cech and coquelin,other than those changes,same team as Saturday

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:
phpBB [video]

:blah: :blah: :blah:

:rubchin:
:roll: Ohhhh! Fuuuccckkk Coquelin is gonna be missing some time then - when asked about his injury wenker says something along the lines of 'It is a short term injury - the scan was quite positive"...So we might see him just before Christmas. :roll:

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

Lovely start I must say :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: