Arsenal Away Ticket Availability

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Arsenal Away Ticket Availability

Post by nut flush gooner »

What's with the significant increase in demand for Away tickets for Gooner's over the last few seasons. Example in case being Sunderland away, 12:30pm KO on sky, a few seasons ago it was easy to get them if you are a gold member.

This season, no chance unless you have more than 10+ credits. WTF! I know that some tickets go to supporters clubs, but I do not understand the status of the fans who pick up these tickets. Are they Gold members or just getting tickets as a privilege for being in a supporters club.

I like the new stance for away tickets in the CL, it might actually make it possible to get some tickets.

hugh jardon

Re: Arsenal Away Ticket Availability

Post by hugh jardon »

It's a closed shop now for away tickets, thanks mainly to the Twitter accounts that practically guarantee the seller can sell them on at face value and keep getting the credits.

I'm all for spares being sold on but this is simply being abused by people.

nut flush gooner

hugh jardon wrote:It's a closed shop now for away tickets, thanks mainly to the Twitter accounts that practically guarantee the seller can sell them on at face value and keep getting the credits.

I'm all for spares being sold on but this is simply being abused by people.
This is all a consequence of fans missing out on two cup finals due to ballots I am sure. This season Nottm Forest away went down to Gold Members with zero credits but I couldn't go due to ill health, perhaps an FA cup match in Manchester on a Monday night might also make it possible to get tickets with the increased allocation.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

£26 per tkt has a lot to do with it too!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Credit farming.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

The price cap most probably!

Plus this is our last chance if seeing arsenal play at the stadium of light for some time :wink:

nut flush gooner

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:The price cap most probably!

Plus this is our last chance if seeing arsenal play at the stadium of light for some time :wink:
Lunchtime KO, means at 6-7am start from London by my recogning. I have done the journey the other way pelting it down at 90mph average in 4 hours. It makes driving to Manchester look like a walk in the park.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

Quite simply I think a lot of people are abusing the system especially with the price cap this season. I remember back in 2004 buying a ticket for our title decider at White Hart Lane with 20 plus credits. You could pretty much guarantee any game in London as long as you had 15 credits (at a push 20).

People buy them and sell them on with no intention of going. You see the Arsenal Tickets account on twitter having loads of spares for Forest and the less glamorous games like Sunderland but nothing when it is Tottenham, Chelsea etc.

Think something has to be done about it though not sure what as with online away tickets are now a closed shop it seems. Even with my eight credits I had no chance of Sunderland. Frustrating as I've been going away for years. Only last two years had to stop most aways due to an illness in the family. Would like to start going again away again but seems impossible.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I said at the time that the cap on away ticket prices was a bad idea and I've been proven right :( this is what I wrote the day the cap was announced...
g88ner wrote:So home fans will pay way over double what S*rs and United will pay at the emirates for the equivalent seat? That's hardly fair. :?

Hopefully the home fans will now kick up a fuss because it's completely wrong to give preferential treatment to away fans. Discounts should apply to all fans, as why should a family of 4 Arsenal fans travelling down from Birmingham pay over £300 for home tickets against United whilst a family of 4 in London pay £104 for an away game at United?

Also, away tickets will become even more difficult to get hold of too, so this wonderful news will only benefit a select few whilst the majority continue to pay daft prices whilst also unable to watch away games! :roll:

Seems like all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. Bollocks to it.
I'm aware most fans probably saw this coming but the media typically failed to see it and instead considered the price cap as a success for fans without really considering the implications. Idiots. :|

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... or-7523773

nut flush gooner

g88ner wrote:I said at the time that the cap on away ticket prices was a bad idea and I've been proven right :( this is what I wrote the day the cap was announced...
g88ner wrote:So home fans will pay way over double what S*rs and United will pay at the emirates for the equivalent seat? That's hardly fair. :?

Hopefully the home fans will now kick up a fuss because it's completely wrong to give preferential treatment to away fans. Discounts should apply to all fans, as why should a family of 4 Arsenal fans travelling down from Birmingham pay over £300 for home tickets against United whilst a family of 4 in London pay £104 for an away game at United?

Also, away tickets will become even more difficult to get hold of too, so this wonderful news will only benefit a select few whilst the majority continue to pay daft prices whilst also unable to watch away games! :roll:

Seems like all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. Bollocks to it.
I'm aware most fans probably saw this coming but the media typically failed to see it and instead considered the price cap as a success for fans without really considering the implications. Idiots. :|

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... or-7523773

That's a consequence of not supporting your local team? So where do you stop then, ticket prices are inflated no doubt about it but you can't offer preferential treatment for gooners who travel a long distance to come to home games over local fans. It works the other way round too, Northern gooners who go to away games, don't have the travelling hassles we do of getting to places like Manchester or Sunderland/Newcastle.

Also Arsenal fans are amongst the richest in the country so whilst reduced away ticket prices may make a big difference for northern clubs fans, for us the reduction as a proportion of the overall spend (transport, food, beer etc) is next to nothing. Therefore, I don't buy this as being the main reason for an increase in demand in away tickets and would certainly put it behind the 3 credit requirement for cup finals and the rise of provincial supporters clubs.

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

I could see this coming as soon as the £30 tickets were introduced, it makes it incredibly hard to get away tickets now. I myself have 17 points but I think I am in the group where I may get a chance for the smaller games but now will never be able to go to the bigger games due to people credit whoring. I know a lot of people who buy every ticket going and then sell on or buy child tickets and then not go.

Can't see anything being done about it as there is no solution really they could try the voucher scheme but people got round that.

Annoying but what can be done in all honesty?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Get one of those hacking groups to get in and reset the whole system. :barscarf:

And sack Wenger :lol:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Even Ludogorets is close to selling out before zero credits, mental. That would have gone to Reds every prior season

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It was suggested a few years ago that they sell season tickets in different categories so you can buy an 'every game' one, or a league games one. If you have a league only one, you can buy the cup games or not. Then, if the semi finals or finals come round, the priority goes to the 'every gamers' or those who have bought all the cup games. After that, it's worked down in terms of games purchased. I know Man. Utd do something like that and don't know how successful or popular it is, but it might put a stop to the hoarding of away tickets. I remember not too long ago that 5 credits got you a chavs away ticket in the league and Manure away in the cup, plus a lot of other games. These days, 5 is bugger all. I actually wonder what the percentage is, in terms of away tickets bought to actual people attending?

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

The below are the rules that Man Utd have implemented this season for their away tickets.

• If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the Club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games. If a ticket is resold to another supporter your facilities will be cancelled without refund, and you will be banned from buying tickets and attending matches for a period of three years.
• Please remember that Away match tickets are non-transferable (passing to friends or family at face value, or free of charge is not permitted). All tickets ticket must be used by the registered holder. If you apply for an away game and unable to attend, please contact us to cancel and receive a refund for your match ticket, at least 24 hours before the game is due to be played.
• We will conduct match ticket validations at selected away grounds. Any supporter required to collect their match ticket, must collect in person at the nominated stadium, with photographic identification. Please do not apply for a game unless you are able to collect your ticket.
• Any supporters who cancel a ticket once they have been asked to collect will be required to collect their ticket for every subsequent game where they are successful in a ballot.
• Any supporters who are asked to collect, do not cancel, and then do not collect, will lose their right to apply for domestic away games for a minimum of 12 months.

Quite interesting, some harsh penalties for not going to the game but buying a ticket.