Ozil and Sanchez want £250k a week

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Ozil and Sanchez want £250k a week

Post by nut flush gooner »

Wilson wrote:Many are missing the point with Bellerin, and underestimating him. Sure he has potential, but even as a player right now, is hands down the best right back in the league. Bellerin's potential is to be as good a right back Dani Avles or Cafu. Where as Walcott's or Chamberlains potential, is to be above average wide players and England internationals. Potential is not a blanket statement. All young players have potential, but some have a much higher glass ceiling than others. And Bellerin has a very high glass ceiling - as great as he is know, he can be so much more.

Bellerin is worth 100k a week. Like I said before, we can stick to 'principle' and not offer him 100k a week, or we can take the moral high ground when City and Barcelona offer him 100k a week, and let him leave and go on to develop into the next Dani Alves/Cafu at a rival club.

I remember the last wing back we let go because we wouldnt pay up. Ashley Cole. Sure we all hate him. But lets not kid ourselves, whilst we were whinging and moaning and drowning in self pity, he was lifting PL and CL trophies.
Ashley Cole is a totally different ball game, he was tapped up by Chelski just as they became the first super power (in terms of money not history) in English football. Abramovich/Maureen made him an offer that turned his head and he manufactured the "nearly crashed my car" when he found out we would not give him the £5k extra he wanted.

As a boyhood gooner, and one of us it was this that led him to get the vitriolic stick he did in the after years.

With regards to Bellerin, yeah we can afford £100k pw but if Barca come calling even if we offer £200k pw it won't make any difference imo.

markyp

Post by markyp »

if we don't pay it it just shows we are small time with no ambition,why would any world class player join us?,it would also prove that the move to the emirates was always just a lie :shock:

markyp

Post by markyp »

markyp wrote:if we don't pay it it just shows we are small time with no ambition,why would any world class player join us?,it would also prove that the move to the emirates was always just a lie :shock:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

1 Million a month for kicking a bag of wind seems weird but thanks to Sky that's what the top players will earn now.
United, Chelsea and City would pay that without question so should we.
Losing either Sanchez or Ozil would be a disaster because you can't replace them. They are the players that the fans pay a lot of money to see.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Anyone would think it was Wiggies cash lol... :lol:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Agree. Pay them. They are the only two who are worth it at the club.

On Bellerin, I'd like to see him have some positional discipline and actually play the RB position before giving him a penny more than his reported £50K a week.

I'd hate to see another young player who has so far failed to win a title with Arsenal earn more than he should. The youngsters shouldn't be paid anything like what they are paid, let alone doubling their wages. The failed Project Youth was a fucking embarrassment, with shite earning £50-60K a week even then. It doesn't help that Walcott and Giroud are vastly overpaid now.

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
enjibenji wrote:not a chance in hell they are getting this from ours or any other club for that matter.

Great players don't get me wrong, but not worth that much
Not worth to whom exactly? Are YOU making the money that would otherwise have been spent on quality players?

Pay them, easy as that.

It's the going rate for top quality players, get over it.

So you don't pay them, and they go else where, leaving Arsenal without 2 world class talents, and unable to attract anyone else because everyone knows Arsenal don't pay top dollar for quality. Yeah good call.
Are you in the real world, or playing championship manager ?

Not in a million years will stan kronke or arsene Wenger sanction both to be paid 250,000 a week. If you fully believe that we are going to pay that sort of money to both week in and out then your deluded

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Midz wrote:TOP 10 PREMIER LEAGUE EARNERS

1: PAUL POGBA (MAN UNITED)
£290,000 a week until 2021 with a further year's option
2: WAYNE ROONEY (MAN UNITED)
£260,000 a week until 2019
3: ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC (MAN UNITED)
£250,000 a week until 2017
4: SERGIO AGUERO (MAN CITY)
£240,000 a week until 2019, talks over new deal ongoing
5: YAYA TOURE (MAN CITY)
£240,000 a week until 2017
6: EDEN HAZARD (CHELSEA)
£220,000 a week until 2020
7: DAVID SILVA (MAN CITY)
£200,000 a week until 2019
8: MESUT OZIL (ARSENAL)
£190,000 a week until 2018, talks over a new deal ongoing
9: DAVID DE GEA (MAN UNITED)
£185,000 a week until 2019
10: RAHEEM STERLING (MAN CITY)
£180,000 a week until 2020

All estimated figures pre-tax. Sums may vary according to bonus payments
some of the money these earn is fucking scandalous :evil:

Herd

Post by Herd »

They are two world class players who I'm convinced would get the same elsewhere,so its a no brainer - sell them to Man City !

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

enjibenji wrote:
Midz wrote:TOP 10 PREMIER LEAGUE EARNERS

1: PAUL POGBA (MAN UNITED)
£290,000 a week until 2021 with a further year's option
2: WAYNE ROONEY (MAN UNITED)
£260,000 a week until 2019
3: ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC (MAN UNITED)
£250,000 a week until 2017
4: SERGIO AGUERO (MAN CITY)
£240,000 a week until 2019, talks over new deal ongoing
5: YAYA TOURE (MAN CITY)
£240,000 a week until 2017
6: EDEN HAZARD (CHELSEA)
£220,000 a week until 2020
7: DAVID SILVA (MAN CITY)
£200,000 a week until 2019
8: MESUT OZIL (ARSENAL)
£190,000 a week until 2018, talks over a new deal ongoing
9: DAVID DE GEA (MAN UNITED)
£185,000 a week until 2019
10: RAHEEM STERLING (MAN CITY)
£180,000 a week until 2020

All estimated figures pre-tax. Sums may vary according to bonus payments
some of the money these earn is fucking scandalous :evil:
Wow sterling on that much, and Christ on a bike 290k per week for pogbrat !! What can you do with 290k that you can't do with 100k a week

Herd

Post by Herd »

Cashley might have not handled it well but he was offerred a deal by Dein which the board refused to ratify . We also didnt have to sell him but got mugged off in a deal that brought Gallas +5 mill. Time has showed that Ashley was right to leave as he made a pile and won everything at Chelsea. Bar some utd players he has to have won more medals than anyone in tne history of uk football.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:Cashley might have not handled it well but he was offerred a deal by Dein which the board refused to ratify . We also didnt have to sell him but got mugged off in a deal that brought Gallas +5 mill. Time has showed that Ashley was right to leave as he made a pile and won everything at Chelsea. Bar some utd players he has to have won more medals than anyone in tne history of uk football.
I reckon the odd Liverpool player from the 70's & 80's would be in that category ......Dalgleish ? ( you did put UK, so would include his Celtic ones )

Or did you mean only from1996, when football history started over ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:Cashley might have not handled it well but he was offerred a deal by Dein which the board refused to ratify . We also didnt have to sell him but got mugged off in a deal that brought Gallas +5 mill. Time has showed that Ashley was right to leave as he made a pile and won everything at Chelsea. Bar some utd players he has to have won more medals than anyone in tne history of uk football.
I reckon the odd Liverpool player from the 70's & 80's would be in that category ......Dalgleish ? ( you did put UK, so would include his Celtic ones )

Or did you mean only from1996, when football history started over ?
A lot of the old school liverpool ones would qualify of course , but Cashely has won a stack of medals thats the point !

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Media are reporting that Toni Kroos has signed a new contract, doubling his money, so I can't see there's room for Ozil back there, which pisses on the story (probably encouraged by his agent) that Ozil would head back there.

Maybe he'll accept 200k.

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:Media are reporting that Toni Kroos has signed a new contract, doubling his money, so I can't see there's room for Ozil back there, which pisses on the story (probably encouraged by his agent) that Ozil would head back there.

Maybe he'll accept 200k.

And rumour has it that the portugese ladyboy is about to sign a 5yr contract worth over £200m with them - I think that the moral of the story is that madrid are loaded and will always have the funds to spend big cos they are serial winners, plus it shouldn't be forgotten that they are under a transfer embargo now too