THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by GranadaJoe »

Gunner Rob wrote:we have had incredible luck this season in the matches, and with the fixture list - just look at our next 5 games!

Lugovrets home (who the fuck are they?)
Middlesborough home (will probably finish bottom 3)
Reading home (championship fodder)
Sunderland away (almost certain to get relegated)
Lugovrets away (where the fuck are they?)

5 wins against this lot (which should be a certainty) will see AKBs proclaiming that this IS THE SEASON!!! :D

we have so far only had 4 "tough" matches this season

Liverpool home LOST
Leicester City away DRAW
Paris St Germain away DRAW
Chelsea home WIN

Ok so we beat Chelsea, but this was when they were still adapting to life under their new manager.
they finally appear to have got going, so again we got lucky to play them when we did. we failed in our other 3 tough matches, and there will be plenty more of them to come this season.

Enjoy the next 2 weeks though :D :barscarf:
I agree with most of what you said, but not your analysis of the Chelsea game.

The Chavs had looked good prior to playing us, and I heard pundits tipping them for the title.
We started fast (as per manure the previous year) and blew them away. thereafter we pretty much controlled the game.

If we played with the same speed and intensity against the Swanseas of this world we'd batter them as well, but we seem to feel we can stroll to victory against 'lesser' sides.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:we have had incredible luck this season in the matches, and with the fixture list - just look at our next 5 games!

5 wins against this lot (which should be a certainty) will see AKBs proclaiming that this IS THE SEASON!!! :D

Liverpool home LOST
Leicester City away DRAW
Chelsea home WIN

Ok so we beat Chelsea, but this was when they were still adapting to life under their new manager.
they finally appear to have got going, so again we got lucky to play them when we did. we failed in our other 3 tough matches, and there will be plenty more of them to come this season.

The Chavs had looked good prior to playing us, and I heard pundits tipping them for the title.
We started fast (as per manure the previous year) and blew them away. thereafter we pretty much controlled the game.

If we played with the same speed and intensity against the Swanseas of this world we'd batter them as well, but we seem to feel we can stroll to victory against 'lesser' sides.

We are looking so much stronger than last season. There are no easy games in the Premier League. Right now the standard from all the clubs is the best it's been. Gone are the days where playing lesser clubs would be an easy ride. Every top club has the same problem though and points will be hard earnt.
Glad that Ozil and Sanchez are both on fine form. My biggest worry is loosing these players as the last transfer window proved how hard it is to find world class talent. Pogba for 89 Million you are having a laugh

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Has he gone yet?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

And this just about sums it all up at Arsenal.....(referring to Sanchez and Ozil contract negotiations)

Wenger recently claimed that he requires 'a good bank' to fulfil the duo's wage demands but, with other clubs potentially looking to swoop in next year, the Frenchman is still unsure whether they will commit.

"It was always difficult. What has changed is the numbers but it was always difficult to keep the good players because they are wanted by other clubs," he told reporters.

Fuck me if you cannot keep any quality players you have we might as well all pack up and go home now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:And this just about sums it all up at Arsenal.....(referring to Sanchez and Ozil contract negotiations)

Wenger recently claimed that he requires 'a good bank' to fulfil the duo's wage demands but, with other clubs potentially looking to swoop in next year, the Frenchman is still unsure whether they will commit.

"It was always difficult. What has changed is the numbers but it was always difficult to keep the good players because they are wanted by other clubs," he told reporters.

Fuck me if you cannot keep any quality players you have we might as well all pack up and go home now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
And yet most of the other so called big clubs (many without our resources or money in the bank) have no such problems holding onto their best players. :roll: :x

If Wenger can't do the job he is paid £8.5 million a year to do, then please do fuck off and let someone else have a go.

doublewinners1971

Post by doublewinners1971 »

Been a little quiet here, reading all that is said etc....

I was optimistic at the start of the season, got lots of abuse for it though lol

Made a great signing in Mustafi - can only get better.

Perez is good but yet to be given a real chance - shame really as he was the main man over at Deportivo.

Walcott - I can't help but laugh - the guy is so shit but he is pulling it out the bag and has us all celebrating.

Ozil is on fire - Sanchez yet to hit full form...

But things are looking okay-ish....? I think so.

:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:Has he gone yet?

It's the hope that kills.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mattdede wrote:Been a little quiet here, reading all that is said etc....

I was optimistic at the start of the season, got lots of abuse for it though lol

Made a great signing in Mustafi - can only get better. Potentially but yet to be tried against the big boys

Perez is good but yet to be given a real chance - shame really as he was the main man over at Deportivo. Never going to get the chance, for whatever reason Wenger doesn't fancy him

Walcott - I can't help but laugh - the guy is so shit but he is pulling it out the bag and has us all celebrating. Not exactly celebrating just happy someone is scoring, god knows where we'd be without his goals so far this season

Ozil is on fire Yes and no, he still fades in and out for me - Sanchez yet to hit full form... Looks knackered and needs a serious rest if we want him scoring

But things are looking okay-ish....? I think so. No better or worse than usual from my point of view, others haven't hit stride yet and may not, too early t tell

:barscarf:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

Liverpool home LOST
Leicester City away DRAW
Chelsea home WIN

We are looking so much stronger than last season. There are no easy games in the Premier League. Right now the standard from all the clubs is the best it's been. Gone are the days where playing lesser clubs would be an easy ride. Every top club has the same problem though and points will be hard earnt.
Glad that Ozil and Sanchez are both on fine form. My biggest worry is loosing these players as the last transfer window proved how hard it is to find world class talent. Pogba for 89 Million you are having a laugh
Agree with the above. I just hope Wenger uses the squad wisely this season!!!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Walcott is an average footballers. But he manages to find himself on the scoresheet quite regularly. He is our top scorer so far this season.

Many point out that he scores only because he gets multiple chances. But finding chances is a skillset, I for one wish Iwobi would find himself in scoring positions more - but he doesnt.

Walcott, he may have obvious limitations, but he has proven he patches where he scores frequently, and until the goals dry up, I wont be criticizing him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wilson wrote:Walcott is an average footballers. But he manages to find himself on the scoresheet quite regularly. He is our top scorer so far this season.

Many point out that he scores only because he gets multiple chances. But finding chances is a skillset, I for one wish Iwobi would find himself in scoring positions more - but he doesnt.

Walcott, he may have obvious limitations, but he has proven he patches where he scores frequently, and until the goals dry up, I wont be criticizing him.
Well that is something that some find difficult to do - when they have a crush on someone.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Arsene Wenger says star players will stay at Arsenal for trophies, not cash
Arsene Wenger says Arsenal will only keep their best players if they are challenging for silverware.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... s-not-cash

LMFAO

When we start challenging for silverware let us know mate :lol:

12 cunting years and counting :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

postmanPat91 wrote:Arsene Wenger says star players will stay at Arsenal for trophies, not cash
Arsene Wenger says Arsenal will only keep their best players if they are challenging for silverware.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... s-not-cash

LMFAO

When we start challenging for silverware let us know mate :lol:

12 cunting years and counting :banghead:
So, that means Alexis & Ozil will be off soon. :?

Sean

Post by Sean »

So it's our standard flat track bully run, to give us yet another false dawn, before we get found out before the end of the season :roll: :lol:

I was taking a mate of a pal's wife on a tour around the outside of the bowl the other day, taking photos. We ended up in the armoury . The place made me feel very uncomfortable. Staff are waiting at the door to swoop on people as they come in. As they were working out what the cheapest thing her pal could buy to take back to Tajikistan with her, a member of staff tried to hawk us a commemorative keyring of TOF's 20 years at Arsenal. I couldn't believe my eyes. Had I not been in female company, I'd have been very tempted to tell him to stick it up his arse, or the fact that The Old Fraud should never have even made it to his 15th anniversary.

What also made me seethe was that the birds I was taking around didn't give much of a shit about the old Highbury (RIP). I was smart enough to take them around there first, so they could take a token photo before heading to Cashburton. I was pointing out stuff they didn't give a shit about, although I did make it clear the club is now a corporatised shithole now. They baulked at the price of a stadium tour and I didn't blame them.
OneBardGooner wrote:So, that means Alexis & Ozil will be off soon. :?
It's inevitable, mate :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

#WENGER OUT!