Arsenal vs Middlesbrough

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Result as expected after Wednesdays heroics :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

5mins stoppage time... Boro take off Negredo in stoppage time... final whistle blows at 5 mins 2 seconds of stoppage time.

2 seconds allocated for a substitution? How is that fair? I thought it was supposed to be 30 seconds? :?

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

A point gained, toothless display and generally poor all round, not the first poor performance of the season but get ready for a lot more, shit November/December on the way
Last edited by greengooner on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Nice Birthday pressie for wenker.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

g88ner wrote:5mins stoppage time... Boro take off Negredo in stoppage time... final whistle blows at 5 mins 2 seconds of stoppage time.

2 seconds allocated for a substitution? How is that fair? I thought it was supposed to be 30 seconds? :?

F**k, do you mean we lost out on 30 more seconds of tippy tappy....I feel cheated

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Normal service has been resumed...Spurs drop points, we can maybe sit on top after the weekend... cue fear, worry & panic... we are not ready for those heady heights. We need to look at our season in perspective & acknowledge the luck we have had & the favourable fixtures, the only really good result being Chelsea. Last week against Swansea the warning signs were back, this week our gutless wonders wore them around their necks....

We will NEVER, EVER win the league again under Wenger. AND, I think this season is going to be like the last one, the title is going to go to the team that has real bottle. And that is not, nor under Wenger, will ever be us.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

xisstential wrote:Normal service has been resumed...Spurs drop points, we can maybe sit on top after the weekend... cue fear, worry & panic... we are not ready for those heady heights. We need to look at our season in perspective & acknowledge the luck we have had & the favourable fixtures, the only really good result being Chelsea. Last week against Swansea the warning signs were back, this week our gutless wonders wore them around their necks....

We will NEVER, EVER win the league again under Wenger. AND, I think this season is going to be like the last one, the title is going to go to the team that has real bottle. And that is not, nor under Wenger, will ever be us.
This....,we've been poor for a lot of the season so far and once our delicate confidence has been bruised the usual will happen, the battle for fourth begins again only this time we approach from a different direction

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

We are top of the league say....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Eboue-Why? wrote:We are top of the league say....
Almost by default...we are still crap and we certainly won't win it.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

greengooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:5mins stoppage time... Boro take off Negredo in stoppage time... final whistle blows at 5 mins 2 seconds of stoppage time.

F**k, do you mean we lost out on 30 more seconds of tippy tappy....I feel cheated
I just don't understand why refs are allowed to get away with blatantly dishonest time keeping.

adding only 2 seconds for a substitution when the player walks off slowly is dishonest.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

g88ner wrote:
greengooner wrote:

I just don't understand why refs are allowed to get away with blatantly dishonest time keeping.

adding only 2 seconds for a substitution when the player walks off slowly is scandalous.

Agreed. He couldn't wait to blow the whistle - probably wouldn't have scored anyway but that is one of my pet peeves.

We obviously can't win every game we play but we definitely should be putting bums like them to the sword. Those 2 points could've been crucial come May.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

No doubt Wenger will moan about being a leetle bit jaded.
It is a fucking joke.
He could have rested half the team the other night and still won.

It is not about our ability to buy players, it is about how we use them.

We could have £1 billion in the bank, sign Messi and Ronaldo BUT we still wouldn't win the league because he wouldn't know when to rest them.

Days like today are why we are all correct when we say Wenger OUT!

perrygrovesworld

Post by perrygrovesworld »

The syrup was there only because his NFL team, the L.A. Rams are playing at Twickenham tomorrow.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:wally still shite i see. but i'm confused - thought he was different now :rubchin: :roll:

Yeah! He's a different kind of shyte now.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: According to clueless on 5 Live we were 'a leetl bit jaded'.

Soooo now we know why! :duh: