Ozil and Sanchez want £250k a week

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

Re: Ozil and Sanchez want £250k a week

Post by SPUDMASHER »

If the club truly want to win things they should show some ambition and the players wouldn't want to go anyway. I think we should do so and make every effort to keep them.

Having said that, if these two leaving were to guarantee another particular individual did the same then I could live with it.

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:If the club truly want to win things they should show some ambition and the players wouldn't want to go anyway. I think we should do so and make every effort to keep them.

Having said that, if these two leaving were to guarantee another particular individual did the same then I could live with it.

:high5:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:If the club truly want to win things they should show some ambition and the players wouldn't want to go anyway. I think we should do so and make every effort to keep them.

:high5:
May 2025. Deal with it, lads. :(

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Mids Gooner wrote:
Wilson wrote:
augie wrote:
Wilson wrote:Cant believe what im hearing - the casual sentient with regards to Sanchez, and the 'if he wants to leave let him' talk.

Ozil is supposedly nearing 200k a week, now Sanchez needs to be offered something similar.

Lets face it, Ozil and Sanchez are our best two players, and losing either, let alone both is a disaster.

I like sanchez cos he plays with a fire and passion that very few in our club do nowadays, and I would obviously prefer if he stayed, but at the same time if he left it wouldn't break my heart as much as some player departures have in recent years. Lets be rational here and acknowledge that so far his best goalscoring season with us has seen him bag 16 league goals - don't we rightly hammer giroud for not being a 20 league goals per season striker ? If we are to be really critical we will also admit that his link up play is nothing short of shocking for any top quality striker :oops:
Of course on the flip side of that we have to acknowledge that at the mo he is on course to break the 20 league goals per season mark, if he stays fit and continues scoring at his present rate. We also should say that he has spent most of his time stranded on the wing, in a team that largely plays slow tippy tappy football - now that he has moved centrally he does appear to be more of a threat, but at the same time he didn't score against the victims or Leicester, and never looked like scoring against the scum (in other words his goals have come against shit teams and a chav team that wasn't going well at that time)

Anyway in summation, I would rather keep him because of the attitude and winning passion he brings to the team, plus I always think that it looks better if a club can keep their star players, but at the same time he isn't an henry/wrighty/anelka quality striker and could probably be replaced by a proper manager with an ambitious club (which I know that we have neither)

He hasnt scored 20 in all competitions because he previously played on the left wing.

Its not even a discussion - he must be kept at all costs and losing him would be an unmitigated disaster.
I agree entirely both need to be kept whatever it takes
Welcome to the forum Mids Gooner.

Sanchez & Ozil, are capable of a bit of magic that is worth paying to see.

Without them we would be even more bang average than we already are.......( a scary thought )

Mids Gooner

Post by Mids Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:
Wilson wrote:
augie wrote:
Wilson wrote:Cant believe what im hearing - the casual sentient with regards to Sanchez, and the 'if he wants to leave let him' talk.

Ozil is supposedly nearing 200k a week, now Sanchez needs to be offered something similar.

Lets face it, Ozil and Sanchez are our best two players, and losing either, let alone both is a disaster.

I like sanchez cos he plays with a fire and passion that very few in our club do nowadays, and I would obviously prefer if he stayed, but at the same time if he left it wouldn't break my heart as much as some player departures have in recent years. Lets be rational here and acknowledge that so far his best goalscoring season with us has seen him bag 16 league goals - don't we rightly hammer giroud for not being a 20 league goals per season striker ? If we are to be really critical we will also admit that his link up play is nothing short of shocking for any top quality striker :oops:
Of course on the flip side of that we have to acknowledge that at the mo he is on course to break the 20 league goals per season mark, if he stays fit and continues scoring at his present rate. We also should say that he has spent most of his time stranded on the wing, in a team that largely plays slow tippy tappy football - now that he has moved centrally he does appear to be more of a threat, but at the same time he didn't score against the victims or Leicester, and never looked like scoring against the scum (in other words his goals have come against shit teams and a chav team that wasn't going well at that time)

Anyway in summation, I would rather keep him because of the attitude and winning passion he brings to the team, plus I always think that it looks better if a club can keep their star players, but at the same time he isn't an henry/wrighty/anelka quality striker and could probably be replaced by a proper manager with an ambitious club (which I know that we have neither)

He hasnt scored 20 in all competitions because he previously played on the left wing.

Its not even a discussion - he must be kept at all costs and losing him would be an unmitigated disaster.

Without them we would be even more bang average than we already are.......( a scary thought )
Thank you for the welcome, long time gunners fan from the Midlands, never been to the Emirates but now got a twelve year old who is driving me mad to bring her to a game (getting tickets is nigh on impossible though) hoping to pay first visit over the Xmas period (hoping crystal palace game) depending on how much the touts want to rip me off for lol!

Love Sanchez and Ozil both have that little bit of magic that can turn a game round in seconds - not many players around like that !

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Point I'm trying to make is he has

Confederations cup
World Cup
South American cup

So no rest for the next three making it five altogether. I think it's painfully obvious he loses all energy around Christmas so that's why it's not huge blow if he leaves.

augie

Post by augie »

I see sanchez bagged 2 last night against Uruguay and he made it through the game unscathed too :barscarf:

As an added bonus, the former scouse cannibal had a penalty saved as well :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

augie wrote:I see sanchez bagged 2 last night against Uruguay and he made it through the game unscathed too :barscarf:

As an added bonus, the former scouse cannibal had a penalty saved as well :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol:
Here's the highlights: http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016 ... l-match-2/

Alexis was the best player on the pitch, with two teams that have a lot of good players.

PAY HIM!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:I see sanchez bagged 2 last night against Uruguay and he made it through the game unscathed too :barscarf:

Apparently his hammy will be "assessed" today... :worried:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Mids Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:
Wilson wrote:
augie wrote:

Thank you for the welcome, long time gunners fan from the Midlands, never been to the Emirates but now got a twelve year old who is driving me mad to bring her to a game (getting tickets is nigh on impossible though) hoping to pay first visit over the Xmas period (hoping crystal palace game) depending on how much the touts want to rip me off for lol!

Love Sanchez and Ozil both have that little bit of magic that can turn a game round in seconds - not many players around like that !
Go to the ticket thread on this site mate - Face Value Tickets...so don't bother with toutscum. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: BTW Welcome! :barscarf:

Mids Gooner

Post by Mids Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:
Wilson wrote:

Go to the ticket thread on this site mate - Face Value Tickets...so don't bother with toutscum. :wink:
Thanks for the info mate - i need 20 posts before i can post on the tickets forum so hopefully will get post count up in time! really pisses me off that theres one online ticket website who claims to have over 900 tickets for the palace game already at a stupid price, how do these people get them and more importantly why are the clubs doing jack shit about stopping it!

Thanks for the welcome :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Mids Gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:

Thanks for the info mate - i need 20 posts before i can post on the tickets forum so hopefully will get post count up in time! really pisses me off that theres one online ticket website who claims to have over 900 tickets for the palace game already at a stupid price, how do these people get them and more importantly why are the clubs doing jack shit about stopping it!

Easy Peasy Mate just go to the Milfs thread in the Basement/Cannonballs and post 20 posts of milfs tits..Sorrrrtttted. :high5:

Mids Gooner

Post by Mids Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Easy Peasy Mate just go to the Milfs thread in the Basement/Cannonballs and post 20 posts of milfs tits..Sorrrrtttted. :high5:
Lol, like your style - but if it's tits you want maybe you should be looking on the official spuds website :D

augie

Post by augie »

Yes please

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... nd-9287158

For me marco reus is twice the player that alexis is