Manure (A) | PL | Sat 19 Nov 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Manure (A) | PL | Sat 19 Nov 12:30

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:It's the modern game. CH's nowadays have to be able to pass the ball first and foremost. Tackling, positioning, clearing, heading, playing the line, playing offside etc are all secondary. :roll:

Can anyone name 5 top class proper CH's in the PL nowdays? :rubchin:

This is an absolute fact - I have a young lad playing on the league under 14 representative team, and they are constantly told about keeping possession and passing the ball across the back 4 :roll: Last Sunday they played a friendly game against a nearby representative side and we basically got our arses handed to us :oops: One of the managers said to me afterwards that it was a change of formation that killed us, but I was very pissed off at the time and told him that it doesn't make any difference what system you play if we gonna keep fcuking about with tippy tappy football :oops:
I shouldn't have said it I know, and the ironic thing about it is that my son (who is playing centre half) is the best ball playing centre half that they have, but I am constantly on his case about needing to win more tackles :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:It's the modern game. CH's nowadays have to be able to pass the ball first and foremost. Tackling, positioning, clearing, heading, playing the line, playing offside etc are all secondary. :roll:

This is an absolute fact - I have a young lad playing on the league under 14 representative team, and they are constantly told about keeping possession and passing the ball across the back 4 :roll: Last Sunday they played a friendly game against a nearby representative side and we basically got our arses handed to us :oops: One of the managers said to me afterwards that it was a change of formation that killed us, but I was very pissed off at the time and told him that it doesn't make any difference what system you play if we gonna keep fcuking about with tippy tappy football :oops:
I shouldn't have said it I know, and the ironic thing about it is that my son (who is playing centre half) is the best ball playing centre half that they have, but I am constantly on his case about needing to win more tackles :oops:
My son is playing under 12's and their coach has been teaching the CH's to take the ball down and pass it across the box! :shock:

When I was a kid learning the game the golden rule was you NEVER pass across the front of your own box! EVER! My son plays striker mostly and he is banging goals in every training session by robbing the CH's - but not near the same rate in actual games because most CH's (even kids) just clear the ball out of there rather than trying to take it down or take a touch... To my eternal shame his coach is a Gooner... :lol: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

My son is playing under 12's and their coach has been teaching the CH's to take the ball down and pass it across the box! :shock:

When I was a kid learning the game the golden rule was you NEVER pass across the front of your own box! EVER! My son plays striker mostly and he is banging goals in every training session by robbing the CH's - but not near the same rate in actual games because most CH's (even kids) just clear the ball out of there rather than trying to take it down or take a touch... To my eternal shame his coach is a Gooner... :lol: :oops:

Years ago kids and adults teams weren't really coached (at least in rural Ireland anyway) and it was all about fitness, strength and getting the ball into the opposition penalty area as much as was possible :oops: Nowadays kids are coached entirely on ball control and skills and team shape - it seems that working on fitness and pace is not important cos my same kid trains twice a week with his club and twice a week with the league team, and none of them involve running in either laps or sprints :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Learnt it by watching Wengers Arsenal....yet another thing to lay at his door :shock: :? :lol:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Just beat this filth!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

CloakedGooner wrote:Just beat this filth!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

yes mate....be fucking delirious if we can take 3 points up there....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:Just beat this filth!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

yes mate....be fucking delirious if we can take 3 points up there....
looks like Sanchez will play....seriously think he can expose a weak Man Utd defence.....just need our defence to hold out

will go for a 1-1 draw

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Rooney will score against us, as usual. Will we turn up? I seriously doubt it. Doesn't matter who they have out injured, we would lose this game if they played their under 16's!! :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Theo redundant in THIS Game... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

You really know nothing. :coffeespit:
Arsene Wilson
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah and thank the bejeeezzuss there's only one of em. :lol:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Theo redundant in THIS Game... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

You really know nothing. :coffeespit:
Arsene Wilson
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah and thank the bejeeezzuss there's only one of em. :lol:
He is redundant is just about all games, including England. I would love it if we had a decent right sided midfielder/forward (is that what Feo is ?). OK he will get his couple of goals here & there but that is all he does to make everybody 'cream' themselves thinking he's some kind of world beater. Is there a more overrated player in football ?.
We won't win here - we just don't. Love to be wrong. Maybe they will go down to 10 men early & that would give us a chance. We'll really miss Bellerin down that RHS. :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Years ago kids and adults teams weren't really coached (at least in rural Ireland anyway) and it was all about fitness, strength and getting the ball into the opposition penalty area as much as was possible :oops: Nowadays kids are coached entirely on ball control and skills and team shape - it seems that working on fitness and pace is not important cos my same kid trains twice a week with his club and twice a week with the league team, and none of them involve running in either laps or sprints :roll:
The whole caching and scouting system in Ireland is an absolute joke and it is something the FAI need to address. I refuse to believe that a country such as Ireland where football is extremely popular cannot produce more talent. It's seem the FAI only concentrate on the city areas and miss out on the many gems in rural areas. I go to a lot of the underage tournaments held over the year and there are so many talented young footballers out there that either go unseen or are very badly coached : :banghead:

Anyway back on subject, every year I have no confidence in this fixture and nothing has changed. Rasher will be upfront again for this so I fear Kos and mufasa will continue with giving us a sneak peak of their upcoming comedy show

markyp

Post by markyp »

a lunch time kick off away from home against a top team means only one thing,it will be a drubbing,we will fail to turn up,this is mourinho versus wenger,no mater how shit utd are right now we will fuck this up and its November our worst month statistically,if we win I will be delirious,unfortunately I reckon its gonna be 2-0 to them,come on Arsenal prove me wrong :barscarf:

Afc123

Post by Afc123 »

markyp wrote:a lunch time kick off away from home against a top team means only one thing,it will be a drubbing,we will fail to turn up,this is mourinho versus wenger,no mater how shit utd are right now we will fuck this up and its November our worst month statistically,if we win I will be delirious,unfortunately I reckon its gonna be 2-0 to them,come on Arsenal prove me wrong :barscarf:
I usually think the same thing every time we go to Utd.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I truly HATE this because we have a good squad and the ability within that squad/team to beat manure - especially as they are all at 6's and 7's - Cue: Arsene wenker failing to prepare his team properly, not sullying his genius with that lowly thing called tactics.... other that 'Go out and express yourselves' that wenker's version of a pre-game uplifting, inspiring, get the blood boiling, the tempers up and the teeth gnashing talk..which is why we have so often gone as lambs to the slaughter...because the cun.t is past it....If only we had a decent manager not living in the past and on his past glories.

There are 3 staunch manure fans in the office whom I will have to face on Monday morning....back in the day of Adams, Henry, Keown - the banter would have been 2 way and then some...these days how can I call em out on the result knowing (as they do) that wengker vs maureen is a by gone conclusion....

I hope Not oh! Lawdy Lawdy I so HOPE we can get a result...but even if it's a draw ( :? :roll: :duh: :hammer: ) yes I knowwww silly me - Then all the AKB's will come out praising their lord and master for getting a point away at old fartford, when in truth we should and could be going there expecting a win.

:? :bestmates:

It just makes one realise How Brilliant the likes of Adams, Vieira, Henry et al werenot just in terms of their abilities with the ball, but how they were able to not only lift themselves for games like today but how the rest of the team did also....all along many would have thought it was wenger...whereas it becomes more clear everyday that HE Owes THEM as much as they owe him.