THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

Is Ozil saying he will only stay if Wenger is confirmed as boss?

probably press bullshit,

Can understand him wanting to know who the new manager will be though thats reasonable

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:Is Ozil saying he will only stay if Wenger is confirmed as boss?

probably press bullshit,

Can understand him wanting to know who the new manager will be though thats reasonable
If it is True that he is saying he will 'only Stay' If Wenger stays - Then Fuc.k Him - If that's the price we must pay to get shot of Clueless then fine by me...as long as Alexis stays.

Equation: Wenger Leaves + Alexis (and Maybe Ozil) Stay = One Excellent Fuckinn result! :barscarf: :lol:

I can understand any player wanting to know who the manager is/will be - even so if he IS saying he'll leave if wenker does then he can go NOW!...

Also, if IF Wenger is going to leave - Then They/the club will already have his replacement...

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Funny, the media weren't so loud about sanchez saying the opposite quite recently. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Has Alexis said anything then? I mean we all saw him leaving the pitch in a right strop (and rightly so) but I haven't seen anything concrete in the media/news. As much as I want him to stay, I would Totally Understand if he does leave...One of the best players in the world playing under a shyte manager and with a team who are 99% Utter Shyte. :?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie

Post by augie »

I especially liked the bit under Promoted Stories where it had a picture of some Neighbours chick (Annalise I think).......jeez she looked good :the_doris_2:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:

I especially liked the bit under Promoted Stories where it had a picture of some Neighbours chick (Annalise I think).......jeez she looked good :the_doris_2:
First off your change of avatar has unnerved me Augie.

Secondly I had no intention of clicking on that link until you informed me that there may be tits to be oogled at.......what a pair. :barscarf:
She would most definitely get it.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

First off your change of avatar has unnerved me Augie.

Secondly I had no intention of clicking on that link until you informed me that there may be tits to be oogled at.......what a pair. :barscarf:
She would most definitely get it.

Got a bit fed up of the old avatar and felt that I needed something that better reflected my new don't give a flying fcuk attitude :lol:

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

Redarmy wrote:Is Ozil saying he will only stay if Wenger is confirmed as boss?

probably press bullshit,

Interview with him in the german Kicker sport magazine
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intl ... macht.html
translated via google

Özil: "I want to clarify what Wenger does"

Mesut Özil's contract at FC Arsenal ends in 2018 and the tug-of-war to extend the work package between the German national team player and the Premier League club has now lasted for a year. In the kicker, Özil first speaks about his plans.

"I feel very, very well at Arsenal and have shown my willingness to extend against the club," says the 28-year-old world champion in the interview with the kicker (Monday issue). "The fans want me to stay, now it's just the club." The fact that the extension of the term of the contract depends on money, denies Ozil. "The club knows I am here mainly because of Arsene Wenger, who has brought me the trust I enjoy. The club also knows that I want to be clear about what the coach is doing." Wengers contract ends this summer.

Özil also reacts to Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, who had recently made an impression against Ozil and Alexis Sanchez. The accusation of the French: the two stars would scourge the club in the contractual party with salary demands. "Everybody has the right to say his opinion," says the midfielder. "But these statements do not interest me, they do not hit me either. Such ex players or other people who give their mustard do not know what is actually spoken between the club and me."

Cheers,
Thomas

markyp

Post by markyp »

Ozil will stay if Wenger stays because Ozil is a tired krunt and under Wenger doesn't get bossed about and bullied,imagine Diego Simeone being the next manager,Ozil would shit himself along with a few other laggers.im not saying that to be detrimental to Ozil but we all know he aint a headless chicken and I bet this is reflected in the way he trains as well.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Last year, City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool fell of the pace....only we could win it, but not to be. Wenger managed to lose out to a team many thought were relegation material.

But we finished 2nd the glass half empty guys said - this was 'progress'. And with this second placed finish, and the fact Liverpool Chelsea, City, United all had new managers (literally the case for Chelsea, United and City), we were told that as Wenger had the benefit of having been at Arsenal for years, it was an advantage we would enjoy over our rivals who had to grow accustomed to new managers.

So last year even though our rivals wheels feel off our rivals, we didnt win it. Whilst this year, Chelsea, United and City all had new manager, whilst Klopp was only 6 months in. Yet all the same - we not going to win it.

So no matter how you write the script, no matter if you pitch to Arsene underarm. He cant get it right.

And you know what, if Chelsea win the league this year with a inferior sqaud to ours, then the glass half empty guys will say, 'its because they had no CL football'. Thus if we dont qualify for the CL this season, that will be their calling - 'lets get behind Wenger, because with no CL football we can concentrate on the league'. Just like they told us that this season Wenger's long tenure would be an advantage over new managerial arrivals.

So no matter what, his loyal following will slice and dice theories in order to justify his failure, and justify a reason to reward him with a new contract.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Dont know what the problem is here boys ????Wengers going nowhere, so Ozil stays ........simples !
Sanchez's carcass is bieng lined for Italian exportation up as we speak and Juve will sell someone to get him . They know a winner when they see one. Probably wont get done untill summer though.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

In the meantime...when are our Jan transfer window reinforcements arriving?? Hopefully they'll be here in time for the Chelsea game. Whatever happens we can all rest assured knowing our man at the top will do right by us. Great feeling huh?

PRICK!!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:In the meantime...when are our Jan transfer window reinforcements arriving?? Hopefully they'll be here in time for the Chelsea game. Whatever happens we can all rest assured knowing our man at the top will do right by us. Great feeling huh?

PRICK!!
Reassuring to know the team is working 24/7 scouring the globe for new players.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
xisstential wrote:In the meantime...when are our Jan transfer window reinforcements arriving?? Hopefully they'll be here in time for the Chelsea game. Whatever happens we can all rest assured knowing our man at the top will do right by us. Great feeling huh?

PRICK!!
Reassuring to know the team is working 24/7 scouring the globe for new players.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
And not just any players...world class ones..that's why it takes so long. You think Sanogo & Kim Kallstrom just "appeared"?? It takes time people....

PRICK!!