ArsenalFanTV v Gary Neville

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

ArsenalFanTV v Gary Neville

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Following Gary Neville's comments about our fans and their time to go banners, ArsenalFanTV posted this response earlier:

https://twitter.com/ArsenalFanTV/status ... 1746993152

Gary Neville was asked on twitter if he would go on ArsenalFanTV and this was his reply:

https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/828345929212239872

What are your thoughts on this? I know people get fed up of the same fans being interviewed but please dont turn this into a slagging off Claude,Ty,DT etc thread........

NickF

Re: ArsenalFanTV v Gary Neville

Post by NickF »

I thought it was very disrespectful for Neville to call the fan that held up a sign an idiot.
One question I would like to ask Neville is if he thinks his old boss Ferguson would have been allowed to go so long without winning a title/champions league?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I think that anybody who is desperate to be on ArsenalTV is an attention-seeking dickhead and that Gary Neville is the epitome of a Wenger apologist wanker.

Him going on there will just legitimise those needy people involved in the eyes of non-Arsenal fans, just like Piers Morgan is viewed by some as an ad-hoc spokesperson for the club.

augie

Post by augie »

Can someone tell me what the rat faced Neville's reply was please ? Clicked on the link and there was a load of messages and I couldn't actually see his reply :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Can someone tell me what the rat faced Neville's reply was please ? Clicked on the link and there was a load of messages and I couldn't actually see his reply :oops:
Click on the 2nd link. He replied "be very happy to".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The best response is from "Dave":

"you'll have to fight a manic depressant, a weird accountant, a merchandise man child, a pirate and a failed dj to get a spot"

:lol: :lol:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

In a way, Neville has inadvertently brought about new 'Wenger in or out' debate amongst those who previously may not have even thought about it.

Yes, his comments were outrageous and fucking idiotic, but that's actually caused four days of fallout and conversation, as opposed to him just saying something more neutral and nobody taking notice.

It's also a positive that the banner was shown at all. I'm pretty sure I read a few years back that Arsenal stewards had been instructed to point TV cameras away from any anti-Wenger sentiment.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:The best response is from "Dave":

"you'll have to fight a manic depressant, a weird accountant, a merchandise man child, a pirate and a failed dj to get a spot"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

" merchandise man child" :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:The best response is from "Dave":

" merchandise man child" :lol:

I'm still giggling away at it. Comedy gold. 8)

Basil is a Gooner

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... an-TV.html

Gary Neville says he would be 'happy' to make an appearance on Arsenal Fan TV to defend his view that Gunners fans who criticise manager Arsene Wenger are 'embarrassing.'

The Sky Sports pundit was leaving Stamford Bridge following Arsenal's 3-1 defeat to Chelsea on Saturday and overheard supporters venting their frustrations in front of YouTube channel's cameras.

Neville said: 'I walked out the Chelsea ground yesterday and there was a couple of these Arsenal fan TV camera things everywhere and to be honest it was embarrassing listening to it and watching it.

'I was watching Chelsea fans take the mickey out of them which was a bit funny and I was watching Arsenal fans slating and slanging into him [Wenger] and I thought to myself, he doesn't deserve that, that's the one thing he doesn't deserve - he's done an unbelievable job.'

During his commentary stint at Stamford Bridge, Neville had also blasted an Arsenal fan who was holding up a 'Enough is enough, time to go' banner, calling him an 'idiot.'

In a letter to the Sun, the fan, Kane Hopps responded: 'Any paying fan of any club is well within their rights to voice their views respectfully and I am shocked you actually said that on live TV infront of millions.'

He continued: 'You said that I pre-empted the result by bringing the banner. This isn’t just a knee jerk reaction based on one result or one season.

'It’s a stale repetition of not only the same result, but the same performances, the same lack of mental and physical strength to win when it matters, and the same annual “Arsenal Crumble” when it comes to the nitty-gritty of the season.'

As a result, Neville has been invited onto Arsenal Fan TV to expand on his view, and said he would be 'very happy' to make a guest appearance.

Robbie Lyle from the fan channel, on a YouTube post, said: 'Neville's been having a go at Arsenal Fan TV on Sky Sports saying that fans shouldn't be slating off the manager of the football club.

'Fans pay their money and go to watch their club week in, week out, up and down the country everywhere. So because they're not as articulate as you and haven't got on a suit and in a Sky Sports studio, they're not allowed to say anything and just be quiet?

'It's time for pundits like you to get in touch with real fans. We have a voice and we're not going away.'

Neville was asked on Twitter whether he would consider making an appearance on Arsenal Fan TV and he replied 'be very happy to...'

The YouTube channel then replied: 'The balls in Gary's court. We'd welcome him to come and state his opinion as we respect all opinions.'

Basil is a Gooner

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ot-latest/

The reply to Gary Neville......
Think this letter is well written and balanced..We have a go at and moan at Wenger here but in reality we would all have preferred that Wenger had left the club gracefully a few years back and then we could respect his achievements in the early part of his time with Arsenal.
Now the fantastic achievements 1996 to 2006 are blurred by the inexcusable dross and excuses for that dross since then..Wenger should be revered by all Arsenal fans, that fact that I and many others cannot respect him is his own fault along with those who have allowed him to ruin our club..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What someone needs to say to this Neville fuckwit is "how would you feel if Ferguson had been allowed linger on for 13 years without a PL title and had repeatedly made the same mistakes every season year after year after year... you prick".

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Say that number to yourself. Thirteen fucking years. :|

Then say eight and a half million pounds per year.

:x

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:What someone needs to say to this Neville fuckwit is "how would you feel if Ferguson had been allowed linger on for 13 years without a PL title and had repeatedly made the same mistakes every season year after year after year... you prick".

8)
I think Piers Morgan also made that point to him on Twitter and Neville pretty much said he would never ever say a manager should be fired so he would have the same opinion with regards Man Utd that it is unacceptable for fans to call for the managers head. Amazing detachment from the every day fan from someone who probably hasn't paid to watch a game of football since he was about 10 years old.