Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ten20

Re: Wenger Out protest, Tuesday 7th March.

Post by ten20 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
mzk90 wrote:Same meeting place, same route, but instead take ken friar bridge and down to director's entrance, banners up & chant?
Same meeting place is my favourite. That first chant of WE WANT WENGER OUT as we moved off last night was brilliant and gave me goose bumps. The acoustics by the old East Stand ate brilliant

4.15 meet outside Marble Halls - move off at 4.30 - across Ken Friar bridge this time - director's entrance - 30 minutes or so of really intense noise. Also the noise as we go up the steps to Ken Friar bridge should be deafening.

Last night the police told the stewards on the south bridge to stand aside and let us pass.

:high5: :high5: :high5:

Right, lets start pumping this info out there.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

mzk90 wrote:Same meeting place, same route, but instead take ken friar bridge and down to director's entrance, banners up & chant?
Same meeting place is my favourite. That first chant of WE WANT WENGER OUT as we moved off last night was brilliant and gave me goose bumps. The acoustics by the old East Stand ate brilliant

4.15 meet outside Marble Halls - move off at 4.30 - across Ken Friar bridge this time - director's entrance - 30 minutes or so of really intense noise. Also the noise as we go up the steps to Ken Friar bridge should be deafening.

Last night the police told the stewards on the south bridge to stand aside and let us pass.
I bought a ticket for the Leicester game,but obviously that was bumped for Lincoln.
However,I will take part in any protest organised for the re-scheduled game,and am also going to try for a TX Lincoln ticket so I can get involved in any marches etc organised for Saturday, so keep posting re start times/locations for protests. :barscarf:

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

Marble Halls from 4pm, leave 4:30, same route but over 1st bridge, down to bit oppo director's entrance, banners all up, songs in full force for 30-45 minutes.

Let's say we all need to agree by 8:30pm tonight to then get the message out?

This is our club!

Post by This is our club! »

To all those who organised and took part, Bravo!!!
I am not going to Lincoln but will be there for the next game and I'll get my old man involved too, enough is enough!! One important word now, momentum....

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Lads - in honour of our Glorious Defeat last night we have to do something at Ten to Five on Saturday during the protest. Surely the symbolism and irony of "Ten to" is too good to miss.

Maybe a chant of

Ten Two but it's not your fault.
Or
Ten Two and he still won't leave.

That should get right under his skin.

Ideas??

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Pete on the beach wrote:ok guys

with the lincoln protest, i agree on reflection we have to keep it up for every game, even though the media will be focussed on lincoln's part. personally i wouldnt march for this one, just go straight to the armoury/bear roundabout and work from there and much later before ko too so not allowing the protest to fizzle out, ideally we need to keep it up as close as possible to KO.

as mentioned youve got the whole issue getting searched by the stewards on the north bridge and the other factor could be so many lincoln fans around getting through them if you walk down the drayton park track side. I would bring the highbury march back for other games but not this one. having said that go with what you feel best ofcourse.

the megaphone idea is important for keeping the chants focused and together, if one can be produced

for banners, if someone is thinking of ideas, imo a good one would be that Gazidis quote about "Wengers accountability " ( i couldnt post it due to the weird tag thing, but i emailed J4G a copy ) although the file resolution may not be that high, if directly printed but certainly that quote being displayed by the TV on SSN would really have an impact and panic the club.

actually come to think of it kev put it in his excellent piece yesterday http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... MA_zy5KIRE

“Arsene is accountable to the fans – they ultimately make judgement. If you are seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager break down over time that is unsustainable”.

real shame i cant make it up a lot now, when i stood at the junction of Avenell Rd and Aubert Pk on the way down last night, i wished just for this period we still lived in our old Aubert park flat that we left at the end of 2013 (as much as i love living 5o yards from the sea nowadays), but i'll do what i can come up when i can. without boring you with details, i am involved in visual arts and im putting a big show together for brighon open house in May, so - apart from regular work commitments - a lot of my time is needed down here until then.

but if you need any flyers designing im happy to do them, as i have skill in that area, actually if the gazidis banner does appeal i could help design it for someone, and as i said i will keep on with social media

cheers guys, first step always the hardest but we did it, now lets drive it home.
Some very good suggestions for sharpening up the comms here. I would personally eliminate "You're killing our club" from the repertoire: danger of alientating potential sympathisers through hyperbole which we don't need to resort to especially while we have the old barnacle on the ropes.

I agree that the (in)famous Gazidis hostage to fortune from 2011 is a killer soundbite, though for banner purposes we need to condense it. If anyone wants to have a go, I would suggest (quote marks included):

"Arsene is accountable to the fans
Ivan Gazidis, 2011"
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Lads - in honour of our Glorious Defeat last night we have to do something at Ten to Five on Saturday during the protest. Surely the symbolism and irony of "Ten to" is too good to miss.

Maybe a chant of

Or

Ideas??
Love the second option.

Jumpers For Goalposts

NickF wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Lads - in honour of our Glorious Defeat last night we have to do something at Ten to Five on Saturday during the protest. Surely the symbolism and irony of "Ten to" is too good to miss.

Maybe a chant of

Or

Ideas??
Love the second option.
Cheers Nick !!

What about if we bring loads of beach balls and start bashing them about at Ten to Five??

Will get huge media attention and symbolise how our players treat some matches like a kick about on a beach.

Got to be creative :lol:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Thanks to Jumpers and NickF for helping me out with my banners.

My next match is WBA away but Im gonna try to make the protest saturday.

:barscarf:

#TimeForChange #WengerOut #NoNewContract

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:

I bought a ticket for the Leicester game,but obviously that was bumped for Lincoln.
However,I will take part in any protest organised for the re-scheduled game,and am also going to try for a TX Lincoln ticket so I can get involved in any marches etc organised for Saturday, so keep posting re start times/locations for protests. :barscarf:
I put my Lincoln ticket up for sale at about 5pm mate so hopefully you will have some luck in getting one

Jumpers For Goalposts

And we could do beach balls again inside the ground at Ten to Six!

They would make a fantastic spectacle on TV and if there are enough the cameras will have to show it. Wenger would be squirming

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:And we could do beach balls again inside the ground at Ten to Six!

They would make a fantastic spectacle on TV and if there are enough the cameras will have to show it. Wenger would be squirming
Great idea, if it was possible to get Wenger Out on them it would be even better

ten20

Post by ten20 »

mzk90 wrote:

Marble Halls from 4pm, leave 4:30, same route but over 1st bridge, down to bit oppo director's entrance, banners all up, songs in full force for 30-45 minutes.

Let's say we all need to agree by 8:30pm tonight to then get the message out?
Agreed.

This should get even more support now that Ornstein has just come on 5 live and said the board have told him there is a strong possibility Wenger could well be manager next season and they wont listen to 'other people' when making the decision.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Just done an interview on 5Live with Neil Ashton (Sun???)

Made the point that we're sick to death of the media and pundits highlighting Arsenal's faults but not attributing them to Wenger. Also said that we're so fed up because they get paid handsomely to watch Arsenal whilst we have to shell out fortunes to watch the same garbage year after year.

Presenter then did the Be Careful What You Wish For thing (what if you end up 7th when he goes?) to which I replied "We've just lost 10-2 to one of the teams that we left Highbury to compete with and last year it was 5-1 to Barca so how can anyone say that things are going great for us?

Had so much more to say but wasn't allowed time. At least we're getting our message across now and making everyone take notice.
Well done mate :barscarf:

They are mostly 2 faced, happy to say x years without a trophy, deride the club for only having top 4 ambition and slate (rightly so) the collapse that predictably happens year in year out but are too scared to point the finger straight at Wenker.

We have been placid and waited in vein for him to go, it aint happening unless we force it.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

ten20 wrote: Agreed.

This should get even more support now that Ornstein has just come on 5 live and said the board have told him there is a strong possibility Wenger could well be manager next season and they wont listen to 'other people' when making the decision.
Clip here: https://twitter.com/AFCvideosHD/status/ ... 0585951235

"No guarantee a new manager could do any better" :lol:

I would take a few seasons of worse results if it meant restructuring the club and playing staff into actual competitors. Fcuk this groundhog day crap