Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Wenger Out protest, Saturday 11th March 4pm

Post by augie »

I like that idea too - I'm liking a lot of ideas on here lately :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

I like the billboard idea. Mobile or static. Happy to contribute. We will keep protesting until we get him out and the numbers will only get bigger.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

I've been in contact with a company flying a banner during a away game during the day

"Subject to approval from xxxxxx airfield the cost to operate is £750 inc VAT. to fly for 1 hour

This is for a five foot letter banner of up to 32 characters including spaces.

I guess now its a matter of what do we raise the funds for a banner behind a plane or a billboard or both, either way im happy to part finance one or both.. open to ideas .

Thanks

matt
Last edited by mattyb on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Love the N7 Billboard idea, will chip in no probs

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Re plane banner... I didn't really expect it to be an option.. but this is what it's all about. Creative protesting

Re advertising billboard .... great idea shame about logistics. Time scales etc... but let's not just give up on these ideas

Really do need a few organisers though who decide etc on action plans.

Stupid I know but I've even investigated on potential of hanging a huge WENGER OUT banner on flats opposite north bank opposite block 6. Still working on the homeowner but whose reluctant due to possibilities of criminal damage to his property by akb idiots.

I've dreamt of a million WENGER OUT little credit card sized leaflets being dropped from stadium roof by one of the daredevil stadium climbers....

I just want this cretin out ..

Clash

Post by Clash »

Great idea with the billboards. Especially the mobile one if the driver could keep pulling up alongside the Arsenal coach at the traffic lights etc.

If all else fails I suppose some old school 1970s graffiti on train bridges etc is out of the question ?! :shock:

ten20

Post by ten20 »

some rough prices for a mobile billboard

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Get that big red bus those morons used for their lies in the summer...

"We send £10m a year to Wenger's bank account.
Let's keep it and fund a new manager instead"

:barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

mattyb wrote:I've been in contact with a company flying a banner during a away game during the day

"Subject to approval from xxxxxx airfield the cost to operate is £750 inc VAT. to fly for 1 hour

This is for a five foot letter banner of up to 32 characters including spaces. Please see examples https://www.flickr.com/photos/drmoores/ ... 4080351075

I guess now its a matter of what do we raise the funds for a banner behind a plane or a billboard or both, either way im happy to part finance one or both.. open to ideas .

Thanks

matt
The logistics behind the Billboard, the time it takes & the positioning is going to be a stumbling block...the mobile one is probably much easier to arrange. If we had the money today for a static billboard and could pull the trigger we would be looking at, best case scenario, first week in April...that is too long.The plane for the away games really looks well worth it...an hour is a long time and its half the price of the billboard. Lets get the fundraising set up then decide what to do with the money.

General

Post by General »

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39226318

You just couldn't make this sht up :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:
Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:I've made a few email inquiries about bill board hire in the N7 area with emphasis on proximity to The Grove. Imagine him driving into work each day with a big reminder in is face that a lot of the fan base think his time is up. We could do a lot with this. His quotes from 2009 (?) that if he did not win the league within two years he would quit the club. Also his quote that if he was not wanted by the fans he would leave.. A few of these quotes would cut quite deep and might remind the sheeple who have long memories when it comes to his brilliant but very distant past glories (excluding get out of jail recent cup wins) but short memories for these promises. Making a few phone calls tomorrow and will report back. No harm seeing if it is a viable option and as Herd mentioned above, the more variation in tactics the more pressure we'll put on him and the club.

This idea I really like :barscarf: The aeroplane idea is good in the sense that the meeja always highlight it, but it is only visible for a minute or two plus I wouldn't be at all shocked if the club put an akb on the stadium roof with a rocket launcher to take it down :roll: If the billboard idea is a runner, set up a paypal account (or some other account) and pm lads on here - I know that I certainly contribute if it is a runner.
Btw are you talking about a billboard near the stadium or near the colney ?

Are there any volunteers to get the account up and running. I know somebody (family) who can set it up or does anyone else want to do it??
Hmmm this might be a long shot but an ex government official from Nigeria who emailed me the other day has a few million sitting idle if only we could forward him bank details, obviously he wants half but nothing ventured nothing gained and all that :wink:

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

The Lincoln lot are planning a sing song outside the ground before the game but I think I would rather join in with this :banghead:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

General wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39226318

You just couldn't make this sht up :D
:coffeespit:

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

The people commenting on that BBc link are WUMS, those replies are straight out of the Viz letters page

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsene Wenger has not only transformed Arsenal, but he has also played a significant role in the transformation of English football. Equally he has won a trophy every season, as I believe qualifying for Europe equates to a fourth trophy in the top flight. Arsenal need to decide who they are and what they want to be and get the right people to deliver their strategy. Wenger needs to prove he can reinvent the club but he has earned the right to say when he leaves
Can't work out if it was TY or Martin Keown that left that one......of maybe it was Crossy :barscarf:
Last edited by rodders999 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.