West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babu

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by Babu »

Herd wrote:I still want us to win this game but apparantly that makes me not want to see a wider picture.

Disrupting games with tennis balls ? really !

This campaign should remain a campaign and not become a zealots holy crusade where any thing is somehow justified in support of the Cause.
this if your not part of the solution your part of the problem leaves me cold.
I didn't suggest using tennis balls. It was an example for how to disrupt a match to get a message publicised!

How about with inflatable footballs? Those could be smuggled in very easily, and then blown up and released.

Maybe get some made with "wenger out" on them?

They seem cheap enough! Under a pound! I'm sure for quantity we could get a couple of hundred for £50

Then write "wenger out" on them and keep throwing them on the pitch!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inflatable-Foot ... SwMmBVwi3l

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:
xisstential wrote:Pulis has Wenger's number (who doesn't these days) so they might just turn us over. Here's hoping....sacrilege I know but I don't care what has to happen to get him out. We lose all the games WE want to win anyway, so who gives a shit if we lose the games he NEEDS to win. WENGER OUT!!

I also think the banners need to be altered to read WENGER GET OUT!! I might have one made for the Man City game. Maybe in French, with Do you understand this written underneath.

Let's keep our heads. I agree we need to be clear, direct and unambiguous. I've always thought "No New Contract" is a tad too bland. But banners which say "Get Out" go too far: we need to persuade more than the core 300 or so ultras that it is worth joining the visible protest and we won't do that if we are abusive - we will play into the AKBs' hands.

Wenger Out is the simple message from now on - no more, no less....
It's not working...he's not taking any notice of it. He couldn't give a rats ass about us, we are so meek & mild and he is so dismissive of us. If he was in Spain or Italy they would be hurling flares and bottles of water at him.
Just a general comment here - Wenger is cunning, he knows when he dismisses the protest it will anger the protesters more. And then if the protest becomes abusive it gets dismissed by the media, the club, and the waverers.

Keep it blunt. But keep it non-offensive.

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:I still want us to win this game but apparantly that makes me not want to see a wider picture.

This campaign should remain a campaign and not become a zealots holy crusade where any thing is somehow justified in support of the Cause.

Herd, over the past few days you have knocked every single idea that has been put up here, so answer me this .......

1. Do you agree that wenker would be more inclined to stay if he felt that he has the support of the fans ?

2. Can you come up with a different idea that might help with our aims instead of having a morality attack at every suggestion ?

I have always assumed by your username, and by some of your comments on here over the years, that you are an old school Gooner ........unless I am mistaken, sensitivity never came into it when the fans were disgruntled back in the day. Can you not remember how our fans frequently abused managers and players until they were run out of town ? Worried about upsetting players or affecting results was never a consideration when fans were angry. We complain now about how sanitized the game has become, and then get all nervy at a peaceful and non abusive march/protest, and we cant have it both ways.

As I asked above, can you come up with any suggestion that will help us wob in our quest to see wenker gone ? I don't know what will work and what wont work, and I don't know if anything the fans do will make a difference, but I do know that the fans have to do something cos the apathy over the years is a large part of the reason why this shit has been allowed run for so long :evil: :evil:

mattyj3nks

Post by mattyj3nks »

What pub will people be going to near the ground?
Ive used the vine in the past but not sure if it will be open due to it being a 12:30 kick off?

Herd

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:

Herd, over the past few days you have knocked every single idea that has been put up here, so answer me this .......

1. Do you agree that wenker would be more inclined to stay if he felt that he has the support of the fans ?

2. Can you come up with a different idea that might help with our aims instead of having a morality attack at every suggestion ?

I have always assumed by your username, and by some of your comments on here over the years, that you are an old school Gooner ........unless I am mistaken, sensitivity never came into it when the fans were disgruntled back in the day. Can you not remember how our fans frequently abused managers and players until they were run out of town ? Worried about upsetting players or affecting results was never a consideration when fans were angry. We complain now about how sanitized the game has become, and then get all nervy at a peaceful and non abusive march/protest, and we cant have it both ways.

As I asked above, can you come up with any suggestion that will help us wob in our quest to see wenker gone ? I don't know what will work and what wont work, and I don't know if anything the fans do will make a difference, but I do know that the fans have to do something cos the apathy over the years is a large part of the reason why this shit has been allowed run for so long :evil: :evil:
1. If you think that wenger (or the club) give a flying fuck about the supporters then you are very wrong .

2. Augie I have allready put up constructive suggestions Ie take the protest to london colney !
I have reacted against trolling the team bus on the way to the game ,and throwing balls on the pitch for fairly clear reasons.
That's two by my count though it beggars belief that some of you would also protest at a NLD semi-final.
I also don't want us to lose that's wrong too is it are you sure about that ?
I dont remember any manager being abused and run out of town although I do remember Terry Neil getting it at Winterslag away for telling us how to behave !
Some of you are acting as if you have god and right on your side ,and that anything is game, well sorry that's not right.

I invest in 2 X season tickets per annum and Im not happy and I do want him to leave but to be honest I struggle within myself as to what to do !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
augie wrote:

1. If you think that wenger (or the club) give a flying fuck about the supporters then you are very wrong .

2. Augie I have allready put up constructive suggestions Ie take the protest to london colney !
I have reacted against trolling the team bus on the way to the game ,and throwing balls on the pitch for fairly clear reasons.
That's two by my count though it beggars belief that some of you would also protest at a NLD semi-final.
I dont remember any manager being abused and run out of town although I do remember Terry Neil getting it at Winterslag away for telling us how to behave !
Some of you are acting as if you have god and right on your side ,and that anything is game, well sorry that's not right.

I invest in 2 X season tickets per annum and Im not happy and I do want him to leave but to be honest I struggle within myself as to what to do !
Well you're not struggling that much...because you aren't doing anything. Except going to the games, which you do anyway.

Apathy is what creates dictators.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
augie wrote:

Big demos outside Highbury when we was protesting against Terry Neill, i seem to remember...i was one of them :D

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:
augie wrote:

Big demos outside Highbury when we was protesting against Terry Neill, i seem to remember...i was one of them :D

That's what I was referring to 8)

Herd I started off by saying that I don't know if the protests will have any bearing on whether the old c.unt stays or goes, but what I am also saying is that WE should at least do all that we can to try and force him out - if he signs the new contract and stays anyway, then at least we will feel that we tried our best even if it failed. For me saying that you want him gone but doing the square root of fcuk all, is a mirror image of what we see on the pitch almost every week - our players talk a great game about wanting to win trophies, but then fail to deliver and each expects the player beside him to make it happen :roll:
Lets also be clear about not wanting to offend or distract our poor diddums players before or during a game - these are the same mentally weak fcukers who let the fans down constantly, and most of the time cant be arsed to recognize the fans that pay a fortune to travel to these games. These are the same w**kers who continually pledge allegiance to wenker and feel that they are entitled to live the dream without any accountability - well the old cock might not hold them accountable, but as fans we sure as shit should. There is a sense of entitlement running right through our club, and if we don't tackle it, it will continue, so (most of) the players are fair game imo

Herd I don't feel that God is on our side (if he was then wenker would have walked out or carried out of our club by now), but I most certainly feel that right is on my/our side - if the club (inc the manager and players) want to treat us as customers then that is fine, but they had better realise and accept the fact that as customers we have rights and they are not meeting those requirements. I agree that not everything is fair game, but by the same token I don't agree with your assessment that holding up banners to the players or throwing tennis balls onto the pitch is wrong - I'm not saying that I favour doing them, but my opinion/decision would be based on the chances of it being a positive addition to the protests or not, instead of being morally against it. Sadly the modern players are selfish to the core, and I believe that there will be a few players in that dressing room that will be more than happy to (metaphorically) throw wenker under the bus or distance themselves from him, if the abuse starts getting directed at them as well as him

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

If by some miracle one of the top 4 collapse and we sneak in to the top 4 will you be happy about that?.Because if that happens Wenger stays.So we have another 2 years of dross to go along with the last 10 years of dross .Finishing top 4 has been Wenger's get out of jail card every season.And if losing games till the end of the season means we finish outside the top 4 i will take that. I am not one of those nutters who believe 4th is a trophy the message preached by our dictator the man who says he built the club.The biggest crime by Arsenal fans is the apathy that lets Wenger get away with it.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Nailed it Graham

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Graham71 wrote:
If by some miracle one of the top 4 collapse and we sneak in to the top 4 will you be happy about that?.Because if that happens Wenger stays.So we have another 2 years of dross to go along with the last 10 years of dross .Finishing top 4 has been Wenger's get out of jail card every season.And if losing games till the end of the season means we finish outside the top 4 i will take that. I am not one of those nutters who believe 4th is a trophy the message preached by our dictator the man who says he built the club.The biggest crime by Arsenal fans is the apathy that lets Wenger get away with it.
Sorry to rain on you here mate, but Wenger not getting top 4 will not see him leaving, whether by walking out (he won't) or by sacking (they won't). The board will talk about "he has earned the right to get things back on track" etc and extend his contract either way and his insane ego will tell him he can turn it round.

I have to be honest here, I am convinced the new contract has already been signed. The club is just waiting for an FA Cup final win or a big 6-0 win to get the sheep singing his name again and then they'll announce it. :roll: :|

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Graham71 wrote:
Sorry to rain on you here mate, but Wenger not getting top 4 will not see him leaving, whether by walking out (he won't) or by sacking (they won't). The board will talk about "he has earned the right to get things back on track" etc and extend his contract either way and his insane ego will tell him he can turn it round.

I have to be honest here, I am convinced the new contract has already been signed. The club is just waiting for an FA Cup final win or a big 6-0 win to get the sheep singing his name again and then they'll announce it. :roll: :|
That's the best news I've heard all day because neither of those results are going to happen this season.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Augie Ive said years ago that If you want to get rid of him do something and Im not saying dont .
Ive also said for many years I dont think that anything short of a full scale Herd style riot will shake up the board .
I didn't approve of stopping the game with balls or trolling the bus doesn't mean I'm against protest because I'm not .
I have suggested alternative action to get things done but you have conveniently ignored that .
What makes me cringe is the high handed "if your not part of the solution your part of the problem" rubbish or the classic "apathy breeds dictators" horseshit that the new Arsenal TV mob are starting with !

Thats all !

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Graham71 wrote:

I'm not sure if I believe that it is signed or unsigned at the mo, but I do believe that IF we get a anally raped in the semi, it will be the deal clincher for him and he will step away at the end of the season - he knows that the biggest criticism of him and the players right now is that they are weak mentally and collapse in the big games, so I think that a big win in the semi will allow him to give everyone the 2 finger salute, but a defeat will only confirm what everyone has being saying and he will throw in the towel

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Graham71 wrote:

That's the best news I've heard all day because neither of those results are going to happen this season.
Don't worry, the board will be flexible. If they don't get their FA Cup final or a good 6-0 win they'll announce it after the scruffy 2-1 home win against the Toffees in May! :lol: :wink: