THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Paulio

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Paulio »

Toure shouldn't be on that list.

Was Scott Marshall not signed before wenger?

These should also be on the list of duds signed by wenger:
Almunia
Xhaka
Denilson
Bendtner
Andre Santos
Kim kallstrom
Cech
Garde
Jeffers
Richard Wright
Boa morte
Walcott
Alberto mendez
Kaba diawara
Pennant
Chamakh
Gallas
Julio baptista
Inamoto
Stefan malz

armchair

Post by armchair »

Paulio wrote:Toure shouldn't be on that list.

Almunia
Xhaka
Denilson
Bendtner
Andre Santos
Kim kallstrom
Cech
Garde
Jeffers
Richard Wright
Boa morte
Walcott
Alberto mendez
Kaba diawara
Pennant
Chamakh
Gallas
Julio baptista
Inamoto
Stefan malz
Wenger must be a genius......
He was able to pay all these guys and he had NO money. Or thats what some people will have us believe. :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Almunia
Xhaka
Denilson
Bendtner
Andre Santos
Kim kallstrom
Cech
Garde
Jeffers
Richard Wright
Boa morte
Walcott
Alberto mendez
Kaba diawara
Pennant
Chamakh
Gallas
Julio baptista
Inamoto
Stefan malz
Andre Santos

Gervinho

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Be paralysed by your fear of change, change is BAD. If he leaves the sky will fall in.

MrT

Post by MrT »

On the same night Bild are reporting Tuchel has been approached for the job and club mouthpiece Jeremy Wilson from the telegraph saying he wants to stay on.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-as-boss/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... nd-season/

As expected the PR is in full swing at the most opportunistic time with chief sycophant John Cross saying he expects him to stay.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Kill me now. I don't think I can take it if he stays on past this season, its like torture.

Tuchel? I'll take Ronald McDonald right now to be honest.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What a fucking circus all orchestrated by the ego maniac himself. Will he???, won't he???, he knows what he's going to do but he won't say. You'll find out when he sees fit for you to find out because you are a nothing piece of shit who he couldn't give 2 fucks about.

Reports linking us with other managers, reports saying he's about to sign for one more year, reports saying he's already signed a long term deal.

A fucking god complex, a total narcissistic, maniacal, deranged piece of SHIT of a human being.

He will do what's best for Arsenal, will he fuck. He is a man of dignity. Is he fuck. He knows his time is up. Does he fuck.

JUST FUCK OFF :evil:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:What a fucking circus all orchestrated by the ego maniac himself. Will he???, won't he???, he knows what he's going to do but he won't say. You'll find out when he sees fit for you to find out because you are a nothing piece of shit who he couldn't give 2 fucks about.

Reports linking us with other managers, reports saying he's about to sign for one more year, reports saying he's already signed a long term deal.

A fucking god complex, a total narcissistic, maniacal, deranged piece of SHIT of a human being.

He will do what's best for Arsenal, will he fuck. He is a man of dignity. Is he fuck. He knows his time is up. Does he fuck.

Soooooooooooo 100% for then Rodders! I can put him down for your vote? :wink:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

rodders999 wrote:What a fucking circus all orchestrated by the ego maniac himself. Will he???, won't he???, he knows what he's going to do but he won't say. You'll find out when he sees fit for you to find out because you are a nothing piece of shit who he couldn't give 2 fucks about.

:D Bloody brilliant brodders.

Sums up my thoughts A HUNDRED PERCENT.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

armchair wrote:

Almunia
Xhaka
Denilson
Bendtner
Andre Santos
Kim kallstrom
Cech
Garde
Jeffers
Richard Wright
Boa morte
Walcott
Alberto mendez
Kaba diawara
Pennant
Chamakh
Gallas
Julio baptista
Inamoto
Stefan malz
Wenger must be a genius......
He was able to pay all these guys and he had NO money. Or thats what some people will have us believe. :lol:
All managers sign duds. However, Wenger is a special case when it comes to persisting with them. Almunia was never a top keeper, yet managed three full seasons as number 1. Denilson was never a top footballer, but managed over 150 appearances for the club. We have had players play for us that should never have even been close to an Arsenal kit. Almunia was signed form the Spanish second division, and when he left went to Watford in the championship. What did Almunia ever do to prove he was a top flight keeper? Let alone a keeper good enough for Arsenal. It all comes from Wenger's arrogance and belief in his own abilities as a manager. Just look at the decision to play Sanogo in the CL against Bayern Munich. Sanogo should have been playing for the reserve or youth team, yet Wenger was naming him in the first team in the CL against Bayern.

Its not 'experimenting', its piss taking. It makes a mockery of the club when the manager gives out Arsenal caps so freely. It cheapens the prestige of the club when you start giving games to nonsense footballers.

Blade

Post by Blade »

That list was just for centrebacks.

Wait till we go to forwards...

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I think there should be a limit on how long any future manager can stay, like the U.S. presidency. 8 years max will do me

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

flash gunner wrote:

Almunia
Xhaka
Denilson
Bendtner
Andre Santos
Kim kallstrom
Cech
Garde
Jeffers
Richard Wright
Boa morte
Walcott
Alberto mendez
Kaba diawara
Pennant
Chamakh
Gallas
Julio baptista
Inamoto
Stefan malz
Andre Santos

Gervinho
You have been far too kind in his poor eye for talent!
Again I stress the Board are as much at fault as this megalomaniac..
They gave him absolute control of the club, he could never be questioned and yes I really do feel that they are scared shitless of him.
Something about Wenger that has never sat well with me as far back as 2006, Mourinho's quotes about him did not go down too well with the majority of Arsenal fans, but he hit the nail on the head.
Getting rid of him will be like trying to get rid of Kim Jong of North Korea, pressure has to be placed on the Board too...

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Im just trying to envision, what those who think he should stay, are envisioning next season and beyond with Wenger at the helm. No Sanchez, no Ozil, no goodwill among the fans and media. No CL football and no CL money - good luck attracting players. If they think these are grim circumstances for Wenger to depart and therefore want to give him another chance to leave with dignity, why are they assuming it wont get worse?

I can genuinely see this club imploding and becoming a genuine mid table side under Wenger. 6th place is one thing, but further slide to 8th-10th is not beyond reason, as you take Sanchez and Ozil out of this club, and Theo, Giroud ect are no better than say, Berahino or Shakiri of Stoke.

Its also dawning on me - Tottenham will finish above us this year, and will be in the CL next year, whilst we will be travelling to small Scandinavian towns to play teams no one has ever heard of. Tottenham are going to finish above us - and its not feeling like a big deal, which just proves how low expectation have fallen in recent times.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

John Cross saying this morning Wenger has signed a 1 year deal. If anyone knows it that ******* **** :x