West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by General »

Look at Chelsea's backline, it's not full of man mountains either. The problem has and will always be the personality impressed upon the players by the manager not the personnel. This whole we are weak at set pieces argument emerged a couple of years ago and Le Fruad went and bought the tallest *word censored* he could get his hands on. It worked for a while until he was suddenly asked to run because of our high backline. We've now made a u turn and gone and spent good money on a ball playing CB. Again it worked for a while until someone told him he had to jump at some point.

There is no question in my mind we have the most diverse collection of centre backs in the league. Not many teams have more depth than us. The root cause is the pathetic coaching administered in training because Le Fruad chooses to focus the majority of his work in the final third and doesn't want to compromise. Whilst he spoke about Brom's aerial threat before the game he also mentioned how both teams like to get forward and he wanted to play aquality offensive game which tells you the diluted message these players are getting. A coulple of years ago we went to Stoke and Toure run almost half the length of the pitch to prevent a corner completely forgetting that their biggest threat came from throw ins.

General

Post by General »

NickF wrote:Friend of mine saw this, apparently on MoTD. Don't know what was said as I haven't seen it.

It's at the end of this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y21v9KauMU

Why do you always hide behind the banner :lol:

Scared of AKB's hunting you down ??

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
NickF wrote:Friend of mine saw this, apparently on MoTD. Don't know what was said as I haven't seen it.

It's at the end of this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y21v9KauMU

Why do you always hide behind the banner :lol:

Scared of AKB's hunting you down ??
I kind of like to keep hold of my season ticket, thank you. :D
Not worried about AKBs as I used to box a bit :box:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

The comment he made about it being a typical Prem Lge game where one team tries to play and the other defends and plays on the counter attack ( or conta as he prefers to call it) is such a petty pathetic and pointless dig at WBA. He's been crying about this for years as if it's a fucking crime or anti football. WBA played a perfect game, exposed our weaknesses, did their homework and surprise surprise it worked.
God forbid Wenger would ever set up a team to do that....oh yeah sorry, the game that was supposed to be the game where it all changed, remember that? Man City away? The new dawn? The new Wenger? Yeah right :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:The comment he made about it being a typical Prem Lge game where one team tries to play and the other defends and plays on the counter attack ( or conta as he prefers to call it) is such a petty pathetic and pointless dig at WBA. He's been crying about this for years as if it's a fucking crime or anti football. WBA played a perfect game, exposed our weaknesses, did their homework and surprise surprise it worked.
God forbid Wenger would ever set up a team to do that....oh yeah sorry, the game that was supposed to be the game where it all changed, remember that? Man City away? The new dawn? The new Wenger? Yeah right :roll:
Pulis probably drags those comments up back in the day when he was Stoke manager, and must laugh his arse off. Poor old Arsene, 9 years on from that first defeat at Stoke and the sad old prick still can't work it out

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ugly looking bunch aren't they ?

And wheres the flip flops ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

I've gone from stopping going to stopping watching ,I thought the planes weren't flying Saturday so didn't bother tuning in .
I watched on match of the day all the usual frailties ,the goals,the waste of possession with 7 in front of the ball,the bullying of our best player with impunity . I've seen it all before and for so many years . But I think he's staying so get used to it !!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Did anyone hear the "This is embarrassing" chants from our end, and the "Your just a shit t*****m h****r " from the Baggies. :oops: :oops:

That was the most terrible experience, saw several Gooners trying to grab the banners, some others yelling at the lads with banners as they left the ground. So many around me just resigned to this s**t, not willing to do anything about it "Its not the Arsenal way" and we were shit before Arsene came were a few of the usual. Where does this bulls**t come from though I wonder. One guy who said both to me couldnt have been alive before 1996 :? Arguments all over the place. :oops:

How many corners have we scored from in the last 5 years and how many corners have we conceded?

Bellerin and Monreal have gone so far backwards. Its the coaching and management thats the issue 100%. Ramsey- fabulous for Wales just a year ago and is no where for us. Difference this year for some AKBs is he did spend big and we are entirely in the same or worse place than we were. :oops: :evil: :evil:

Were stale/s**t and we know we are :oops:

Only good thing was the Pork scratching man was there, and "our" plane :barscarf:

Im sure he plans to stay hence the announcement soon (During the internull break as predicted)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wilko49er wrote:So Sanchez carries on playing, and fucks his injured ankle up even more. Lets see if it turns into something major, and thats the last time we see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Apparently he wanted to play on but the "manager"could not say otherwise.....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

3-1 defeat which was predictable, all down to the ref apparently according to Wenger, that defending :D :D

3 WBA players jumping trying to head the ball in the net with our lot just watching....Ramsey was absolute classic

And Steve Bould sits there dumbstruck....its amazing

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:Pep will deliver the knock out blows - at the Emirates in 2 weeks time and then at Wembley later that month.

still think Wenger will ride it out......in his mind he's hoping to turn it around.....what a situation he's never leaving

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Why don't we publicly invite those fans who organised and funded the pro-Wenger plane to make themselves known?
Not a chance in hell it was organised by AKB's, they are too stupid to organise anything. The club have done it, 100% guaranteed. In the next day or two you'll see someone like Red Action or the supporters club come out and say they have done it but again it will be the club who are controlling them. These fuckers are devious and liars, we've seen it from Wonga time and time again.

Some shady mob of 20 from Hong Kong apparently, not sure i believe that one ...looks like the banner was allegedly made at a factory in Hong Kong owned by a Board member allegedly

nice that is .....true fans voicing an opinion only for that despicable act of a counter banner plane

going to be fun next year....im not giving up my club...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:Thats the club done that, not other fans. Everything from now on HAS to be done by PM fellas, don't worry about telling everyone else what will happen,we can discuss it afterwards. Lesson learnt here.
you got it mate .......

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:Stuart your assuming they practice defense. unless things have changed recently thats not the case. they dont practice defense of set pieces at all. its one of the problems.
Did I ever mention the time when I was a guest at a training session a couple of days afterr the Man Utd debacle and before we were due to play Stoke ? ............

Clash

Post by Clash »

Tony Attwood ... Martin Keown ... Sir Chips Keswick .... John Cross ... Your boy took one hell of a beating !!!