THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Dan_85 »

*WARCHEST KLAXON*

*ARSENE CAN CHANGE KLAXON*

*WENGER IS THE RIGHT MAN TO FIX THINGS KLAXON*

Kill me now. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not a season ticket holder any more and i haven't been for a while but i'm kind of on the fence about the whole 'buying the ticket means supporting the regime' thing, on the one hand i can see the logic of this argument but on the other hand by our season ticket holders giving up their tickets in my opinion and i include myself in this we effectively allowed the JCLs and day trippers to take over the asylum and that single thing may have been the catalyst for what we see in the bowl and throughout the club today.

Take a look at the Gooners each of you have known over the years who for one reason or another have given up their tickets, add that to the many many we don't know personally and your probably reaching into the thousands of old school Gooners pushed out one way or the other, now imagine the protests and atmosphere in the ground that could have been generated against the regime if we were all still there.... :oops:

A lot of if, buts and maybes i know but on a personal level I can only apologise for a decision i made when we moved which has in a small way helped to get our club to where it is now, and to those who continue to go and to put up the fight all i can say is thanks :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

They are saying on Talksport the contract is signed , if this is true I fear we will go on a downward spiral we may not recover from for a long time, only the blind and stupid can want him to stay now. I have been a season ticket holder since 1986 and have never known such division between our fans ( albeit before social media) , I had an argument with a kid in the pub during the Bayern home game who told me the club was nothing before Arsene Wenger :banghead:
I pointed out to him how disrespectful he was being to the likes of George Graham, Bertie Mee and Herbert Chapman among others and he looked at me blankly.
The tide is definitely turning now though and even if he has signed the protests should continue and iy may well work to our advantage as we deteriorate, who is going to want to join us in the summer with this turmoil happening.

Even Phillip Auclair said today Wenger needs to go and is the most stubborn man he has ever known, just shows how much the tide has really turned.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

They're gonna offer Wanka 100 million quid to spend on players?

Didn't he say he'd hand that back if ever offered it?

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

So a lot of our treasures want himto stay. What a surprise, they want to keep their cushy lifestyles.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:They're gonna offer Wanka 100 million quid to spend on players?

Haha good point. :lol:

The problem is only in part the players though as we all know by now how poor a tactician Wenger is, he better hope all the players he signs don't need any coaching like his early teams didn't because otherwise it wont make any difference!.

The board are playing a dangerous game if they allow Wenger to indulge some sort of last gasp rebuilding project, he's 67 ffs and clearly past it, allowing him to waste vast sums of money and going against the will of the fans is likely to end badly for them.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

wilko49er wrote:So a lot of our treasures want himto stay. What a surprise, they want to keep their cushy lifestyles.
Not read the Giroud article and cba really, however I will say that the general silence from our players has been deafening, you'd think they would all be coming out supporting the manager but they haven't really been making much noise about their support for him, apart from Giroud who is French and just signed a new deal. :roll:

I think that in itself tells quite a lot..

Clash

Post by Clash »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Not a season ticket holder any more and i haven't been for a while but i'm kind of on the fence about the whole 'buying the ticket means supporting the regime' thing, on the one hand i can see the logic of this argument but on the other hand by our season ticket holders giving up their tickets in my opinion and i include myself in this we effectively allowed the JCLs and day trippers to take over the asylum and that single thing may have been the catalyst for what we see in the bowl and throughout the club today.

Take a look at the Gooners each of you have known over the years who for one reason or another have given up their tickets, add that to the many many we don't know personally and your probably reaching into the thousands of old school Gooners pushed out one way or the other, now imagine the protests and atmosphere in the ground that could have been generated against the regime if we were all still there.... :oops:

A lot of if, buts and maybes i know but on a personal level I can only apologise for a decision i made when we moved which has in a small way helped to get our club to where it is now, and to those who continue to go and to put up the fight all i can say is thanks :barscarf:
Good post GM. I feel the same way.

It does seem that on one hand there are people who want to blame fans for renewing season tickets ... then on the other they moan that there are not enough protests in the ground. What the fuck do they expect when they were urging fans to stop buying tickets ? :banghead:

I gave up my ST in 2014 after the last disgraceful renewal ... one of the reasons was people telling me I was part of the problem by keep renewing and me reluctantly agreeing.

However, since then it appears that some of the same people who banged on about ''not giving Stan any money'' are quite happy to go and accept ''freebies'' to games when they're on offer . What the fuck is that about then? :roll: They might not have paid for the ticket out of their own pocket but somebody did and the club still get the money. That seat is then filled which contributes to the ''product'' looking more attractive ... which is errr ... part of the problem :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Apologies as its no doubt been mentioned ... but did anyone see that appalling woman on the Sunday Supplement ?! Alyson Rudd her name is.

According to her the plane protest was embarrassing, those with the banners are only showing them because they want to get on TV and not because they really feel what they're saying on their banners ... and Wenger should get another year so he can redeem himself to the fans :banghead:

This time last year the likes of Rudd were telling us how Wenger deserved to see out the last year of his contract even though he'd fucked up another season. But because he has made a complete pigs dinner of this season too, he deserves yet another year :banghead:

When does this nonsense end? What exactly is he gonna do next year to redeem himself? Win the CL? hahaha.

Fuck off Rudd, you clueless bitch.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Apparently Ozil and Sanchez aren't willing to sign if he stays on.

I believe that one hundred percent. They are tired of the bloke, like is most of the squad.

Boro Primorac the invisible man also had a fight with Walcott at training...this club is absolutely shambolic at the moment. Not even an exaggeration.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Giroud quoted as saying "The players are keen for Wenger to sign as they want to see the adventure continue" Adventure is it?? I can think of about 4 or 5 words that describe his catastrophic tenure of the past decade....Adventure is not one of them.

How can you describe getting fantastically overpaid to do a job you are incapable of doing as an adventure anyway?? Nobody at the club has any shame!!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I just cant believe it appears he will sign a new deal. 'He wants to rebuild the sqaud' the papers are saying.

Hang on, in 2014 when he last signed a new contract, they argued the FA Cup win was a stepping stone to bigger things, and with new found money he would use the FA Cup to go onto better things. And here we are, at the end of that contract, smashed 10-2 in the round of 16, 6th place in the league and facing the prospect of another Nasri/Cesc with Sanchez and Ozil leaving. Im sorry, but given what they said in 2014, we should be competing for the league this year, and still in the CL as one of candidates to win it. As that was the plan when Wenger got his 3 year contract in 2014. It was the plan that by the end of 2017, we would have the league title, and be in a great position going forward. However, we have jack shit, and are going to miss the CL and see our two best players leave, ensuring a rather bleak immediate future.

I guess it all comes down to accountability and responsibility. Why is no one explaining the dismal 3 year experiment from 2014 onward? This is what I hate most about the club. The whitewashing of history, just like a dodgy politician who refuses to answer for all the unfilled promises made in the past. What of Gazidis who said in 2013 that we would aim to compete with Bayern Munich in the next two seasons (deadline 2015) yet in 2017, we we even further away from ever beating Bayern.

The usual suspects are also saying 'Wenger is the man to rebuild the sqaud'. The same brain legends who said in 2014 that Wenger would use the FA Cup to achieve bigger things. Its obvious there is no analytical thought, its simply 'Wenger is the man to' rebuild the sqaud/ take the club forward. If we are doing well, its take the club forward. If we are doing shit. Its rebuild the squad.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The whole wenger pr flunkys are in full flannel mode as he will announce hes staying . the worlds best players will be touted as targets as they are each year. but with no chumps league or europe we wont get much. his vanity will drag us ever nearer to mid table and below. he cannot change but he will sacrifice anyone around him to cling on. Its going to get much worse before it gets better.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:They're gonna offer Wanka 100 million quid to spend on players?

he said a lot of things which turned out to be untrue.....worrying thing is letting him loose with a large transfer fund.....that will be a disaster