Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Lads -

Plans for the West Ham match!!

We are calling on all Arsenal fans to remain on the concourse until the 13th minute of the match.

This symbolises our 13 years without any kind of challenge for the Premier League title and it will be a very visual statement to the manager, the Board of Directors, the media and all Arsenal fans that England's 3rd most successful football club should not be under achieving in this way.

Please get this message out as widely as possible - stay out of your seat until the 13th minute against West Ham on 5th April 2017.

You can still watch the match on the concourse!!
Much to my disappointment I simply cannot be there on Wednesday - Impossible to do - Travel/time wise. :( :cry: :oops:

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding this idea/action:

I would guess that everyone doing this will have their mobile phone with them and so when actually walking from from the concourse into their seats everyone put their mobile's on 'Torch' function or whatever the fukc it's called and hold them up as they walk in and the numbers of (Late) arrivals all with their Torches Lit will definitely be more noticeable .

Just an Idea :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

terry henry wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

We are calling on all Arsenal fans to remain on the concourse until the 13th minute of the match.

This symbolises our 13 years without any kind of challenge for the Premier League title and it will be a very visual statement to the manager, the Board of Directors, the media and all Arsenal fans that England's 3rd most successful football club should not be under achieving in this way.

Please get this message out as widely as possible - stay out of your seat until the 13th minute against West Ham on 5th April 2017.

Good to have a different angle on the protest, if enough do this again it will be very visible to the media. Is this the only protest on Wednesday ? Why I ask is that many protesters are actually not going to the games .
Got to be honest, I think this will be a waste of time and won't have enough of an impact. Unless the stadium is completely empty it won't make a difference. A thousand odd fans coming in 13 minutes late is nothing.

Personally, I think we need to keep up the momentum of protesting outside the directors entrance and be as loud as we possibly can.

no there has to be a visible sign of discontent inside the ground as well.

the West Ham game is the perfect opportunity.
Ticket exchange availability is unprecedented for this match, so you are looking at no more than 40,000 for the game as it is.
Add into the fact about 10,000 are always late anyway, and add in a few thousand doing this protest (don't forget it will appeal to more people than marching) and you will have a pretty empty stadium for the first 13 minutes - enough time for it to be given good media publicity.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

terry henry wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Good to have a different angle on the protest, if enough do this again it will be very visible to the media. Is this the only protest on Wednesday ? Why I ask is that many protesters are actually not going to the games .
Got to be honest, I think this will be a waste of time and won't have enough of an impact. Unless the stadium is completely empty it won't make a difference. A thousand odd fans coming in 13 minutes late is nothing.

Personally, I think we need to keep up the momentum of protesting outside the directors entrance and be as loud as we possibly can.

It may well be a waste of time, but nothing lost if it has no impact, but quite a gain if it does get supported.

I agree that we must keep up the protests outside, but it's not either or. Stay outside a bit longer protesting, before going in late. Win win surely ?

There are no guarantees with any of this, but the guys organising it are doing their best and deserve our support and thanks. They've achieved what we've never managed before and that's for the media to take the Wenger out debate seriously and to properly report it.

Retro Gunner

Re: Wenger Out protest - Wednesday 5th April 18:45 West Ham (H)

Post by Retro Gunner »

By the way, I like OBG's idea about the mobile torch lights. Those things make quite a show en masse.

Have to say, One Bard does come up with some good ideas. Surprising, I know, but he does. :wink:

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

Retro Gunner wrote:
terry henry wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

It may well be a waste of time, but nothing lost if it has no impact, but quite a gain if it does get supported.

I agree that we must keep up the protests outside, but it's not either or. Stay outside a bit longer protesting, before going in late. Win win surely ?

There are no guarantees with any of this, but the guys organising it are doing their best and deserve our support and thanks. They've achieved what we've never managed before and that's for the media to take the Wenger out debate seriously and to properly report it.
I'm definitely supporting those organising everything. As far as I'm concerned, the *word censored* has to go and will do anything in my power to contribute to make that happen

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:I Noticed some well known home and away people in dark glasses there not to mention some senior herdsman !

I think you might need to round up a few of the Herd and get down there on Weds night !! Joking aside, the atmosphere was far more toxic yesterday and the level of menace is increasing. Add West Ham into the mix and Weds could get a bit tasty.

I made the point last night, but I'll repeat it.....what the fuck has our Club become ?!
Mate there were quote a few of the old guard in there I spotted at least 10 in the pics !
I have no idea who those people were who attacked Robbie but they shit the arsenal TV massive up big time !
Just to be clear the incident involving Robbie and the AFC TV lot had nothing to do with the Wenger Out protests.

It's clear that people are making money off the back of our club and rightly people don't take too kindly to it. I don't support or condone the violence, especially between our own.

General

Post by General »

Retro Gunner wrote:By the way, I like OBG's idea about the mobile torch lights. Those things make quite a show en masse.

Have to say, One Bard does come up with some good ideas. Surprising, I know, but he does. :wink:
But it will kill my battery life for twatter :D

General

Post by General »

I had a look at a couple of prints this morning and it's all over the back pages, the media uptake has been massive. It's not just some internet phenomenon they are printing it!!
Anyway if Cashburton is a no fly zone what was the helicopter doing hovering around before kick off? :D
Last edited by General on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mattyb wrote:
Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:I Noticed some well known home and away people in dark glasses there not to mention some senior herdsman !

I think you might need to round up a few of the Herd and get down there on Weds night !! Joking aside, the atmosphere was far more toxic yesterday and the level of menace is increasing. Add West Ham into the mix and Weds could get a bit tasty.

I made the point last night, but I'll repeat it.....what the fuck has our Club become ?!
Mate there were quote a few of the old guard in there I spotted at least 10 in the pics !
I have no idea who those people were who attacked Robbie but they shit the arsenal TV massive up big time !
Just to be clear the incident involving Robbie and the AFC TV lot had nothing to do with the Wenger Out protests.

It's clear that people are making money off the back of our club and rightly people don't take too kindly to it. I don't support or condone the violence, especially between our own.

I get that Matty, but from how I saw it, there was definitely more vocal and aggressive noises from those opposing the protest. There were the comments made while we were forming by the ad van, the threats from those at the top of the stairs at the bridge, and then the one particular guy, with a few mates, who was really going for it outside the Director's Box, singing one Arsene Wenger etc. Eventually our lot turned to him and sang "are you Tottenham in disguise"....remember?

Also, those guys involved at the AFTV fracas were definitely outside the Director's Box watching at one stage and they didn't seem to be supportive ! I remember a couple of them clearly, especially the black guy who is very evident at the start of the AFTV footage that General has posted.

I do think that we need to be aware of this on Wednesday and as I said previously, especially with West Ham in town.

I suppose one positive, is that we must be having an effect, because at the first couple of demos, the akb were more intent on taking the piss on social media etc, expecting this to be a short-lived tantrum. I think both they and the Club are taking this more seriously now.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Sent you a PM General. At least I think I did....I'm crap with this technical stuff !! :lol:
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

NickF wrote:I had a twitter exchange yesterday with the fella that displayed the pro wenger banner.

Him: It's not a "please sign a new contract", it's a simple "thank you".

Me: but you must realise that is going to be seen as wanting a new contract?

Him: Fans look into "Wenger in", "Wenger out" too much. It's a respectful banner, nothing else.

Me: I don't think that too many people would see it as "just a respectful banner".

It does seem to me that the "RespectAW" people are quite naive about how their message is being interpreted.
Even with the plane, their statement said "we are not asking for a new contract".
It was not "their plane", it was the club's plane.

I wonder whether the banner too was planted and paid for by the club. Anyone who genuinely wanted to make one with no other agenda than to thank Wenger for all he has done would surely wait until his departure has been announced.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
NickF wrote:I had a twitter exchange yesterday with the fella that displayed the pro wenger banner.

Him: It's not a "please sign a new contract", it's a simple "thank you".

Me: but you must realise that is going to be seen as wanting a new contract?

Him: Fans look into "Wenger in", "Wenger out" too much. It's a respectful banner, nothing else.

Me: I don't think that too many people would see it as "just a respectful banner".

It does seem to me that the "RespectAW" people are quite naive about how their message is being interpreted.
Even with the plane, their statement said "we are not asking for a new contract".
It was not "their plane", it was the club's plane.

I wonder whether the banner too was planted and paid for by the club. Anyone who genuinely wanted to make one with no other agenda than to thank Wenger for all he has done would surely wait until his departure has been announced.
Yes I'm sure it is all the work of the club. :roll:

silus

Post by silus »

I was just going to come up for the protest then fuck off home, but I'm tempted to get a ticket for this now. Are people getting tickets for a specific block? Looking at the exchange I can sit pretty much anywhere I want. :shock:
Is the game on sky/bt?

General

Post by General »

Retro Gunner wrote:
General wrote:I must admit I thought things were a bit underwhelming yesterday but fortunately it's having a massive effect. I had a look at a couple of prints this morning and it's all over the back pages. I thought we were slightly low on numbers but the media uptake has been massive. It's not just some internet phenomenon they are printing them.
Anyway if Cashburton is a no fly zone what was the helicopter doing hovering around before kick off? It also appears the s*n got some aerial shots from Ken friar bridge and said there were thousands :D

Sent you a PM General. At least I think I did....I'm crap with this technical stuff !! :lol:
I didn't get it :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:By the way, I like OBG's idea about the mobile torch lights. Those things make quite a show en masse.

Have to say, One Bard does come up with some good ideas. :oops: :lol:

Surprising, I know, :shock:

Only to those that do not know me.

:wink:
Yaaaaaaaaaaay! :barscarf: :lol:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.