Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Wenger Out protest - Wednesday 5th April 18:45 West Ham (H)

Post by Retro Gunner »

armchair wrote:Spurs fan at WHL.

We are not making enough of this point. The fact that our rivals and their supporters are so keen to see the Old Fraud stay, is a massive indictment. It's also particularly galling when it comes from spurs and Chelsea supporters......the ultimate piss take.

I suggested a protest song about it (they want you to stay, Tottenham and Chelsea, they want you to stay) and tried to get it going at the City protest. No one took it up and people looked at me as though they didn't understand why I was singing about Tottenham and Chelsea, or perhaps it was that supposedly macho sense of mis placed loyalty that some people have....you know, the idea that bringing hated rivals into the protest is a step too far. Either way :roll: :roll:

A banner saying "Tottenham and Chelsea want you to stay" would be concise and hard hitting. Might be a dangerous one to be holding though ! :lol:

Trevor Ross

Post by Trevor Ross »

beck wrote:
beck wrote:
Trevor Ross wrote:
beck wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Rob's posts sum up exactly the problem and why Wenger has been allowed to carry on as long as he has without discontent being voiced.

Going to the Emirates is a completely sanitised experience largely devoid of passion and for most people is comparable to a day at the theatre. So many people are more interested in talking about work, their kids, other games, their bets or fucking about on their phone.

And when was the last time that we had a shot at the title at the business end of the season? I remember what it was like in the last few months of 1998 and 2002 when the pressure was on and every win was absolutely monumental, every second of every game mattered. We just haven't had that excitement for so long and coupled with the demographic changes to the matchday going 'fan' the place just has no passion.
I would say 10/11 was the last time we were involved in the business end of the season
Sadly just like in 07/08
Wenger went into white flag waving mode
6 points behind united with 6 games to go and a game against them at home( the only game we ended up winning)
3-1 up at Spurs just before half time
Remembering days when you could put your mortgage on arsenal in that position have become a distant memory under wenger
Of coarse we conceded and ended up drawing
Dropped 13 out of 18 points all from teams outside the top 7
The form at the end of that season
Plus dropping 8 points before declaring the season starts here at the end of the transfer window
Then that continuing form into 11/12
To my mind he should have been sacked after that gutless display in October at Spurs
I wouldn't trust wenger to handle a business end anymore
He ain't neither the ability or the bollocks
Agree with what you're saying mate but still wouldn't call 9 points adrift with a month to go being involved at the business end
We need a definition of business end then mate
I will take it as a month and keep looking back
Ok mate
Had another look and 07/08 is our last bona fide business end
Title challenge
We were 6 points behind with 5 games to go with a visit to old Trafford next
Just like at Chelsea we took the lead
Once again we failed to hold onto it
14 mins at Chelsea this time 4 mins( just like in the champs league at anfield that season) in game nous was poor.
We won every game after that finishing 4 points behind United
Had we held onto lead at old Trafford we would have had more points than Chelsea and United.
We had so many chances to recover from that draw at Birmingham
Wengers utter bollocks about the players being down and I don't know how I am going to lift them was a shocking message
It should have read away point on a difficult day onwards and upwards to the title
We lost something that day he has never ever got back
He probably deserved chance to put it right after that because of what he had achieved previously but 3 years was borderline generous
9 is fucking criminal
Mate, Wenger's moonie disciples probably see any date from New Year's Day onward as being 'the business end' but reckon we'll have to agree to disagree coz from where I'm standing 07/08 looks the same as 10/11, 9 points behind with 4 weeks and 4 games left (just with a more spectacular collapse after late Feb). With you 100% on Le Fraud's inadequacies but sorry mate I haven't seen us be in with a genuine chance when it matters since 04.

beck

Post by beck »

Trevor Ross wrote:
beck wrote:
beck wrote:
Trevor Ross wrote:
beck wrote: I would say 10/11 was the last time we were involved in the business end of the season
Sadly just like in 07/08
6 points behind united with 6 games to go and a game against them at home( the only game we ended up winning)
Remembering days when you could put your mortgage on arsenal in that position have become a distant memory under wenger
Plus dropping 8 points before declaring the season starts here at the end of the transfer window
To my mind he should have been sacked after that gutless display in October at Spurs
Agree with what you're saying mate but still wouldn't call 9 points adrift with a month to go being involved at the business end
Ok mate
Title challenge
14 mins at Chelsea this time 4 mins( just like in the champs league at anfield that season) in game nous was poor.
Had we held onto lead at old Trafford we would have had more points than Chelsea and United.
Wengers utter bollocks about the players being down and I don't know how I am going to lift them was a shocking message
It should have read away point on a difficult day onwards and upwards to the title
He probably deserved chance to put it right after that because of what he had achieved previously but 3 years was borderline generous
9 is fucking criminal
Mate, Wenger's moonie disciples probably see any date from New Year's Day onward as being 'the business end' but reckon we'll have to agree to disagree coz from where I'm standing 07/08 looks the same as 10/11, 9 points behind with 4 weeks and 4 games left (just with a more spectacular collapse after late Feb). With you 100% on Le Fraud's inadequacies but sorry mate I haven't seen us be in with a genuine chance when it matters since 04.
When I was at old Trafford for the 4-0 fa cup defeat and we were singing we'll be back to win the league I 100 percent believed it.
I was staggered that we would turn into the flakes we have become
Rocket needed up the arses of all concerned

General

Post by General »

I tend to agree 07/08 was the last time we had a bonafide title challenge. The football we played was very cohesive and the triumvirate of Hleb, Flamini and Fabregas was great to watch. I think it's the only time we've hit 80+points at Cashburton which says it all really. We came up against two brutal teams in Chelsea and United who competed the CL final that season but we still has a credible chance to win the damn thing until complacency crept in like it always has with Le fraud's team's and eventually lead to the disaster against Brum. That season exposed the many reasons why the prick has never managed to retain the league title despite having a dominant team. Sadly it triggered a failure pattern which he has failed to arrest to this day and the hoodoo will never be lifted until we get rid of him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

beck wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Rob's posts sum up exactly the problem and why Wenger has been allowed to carry on as long as he has without discontent being voiced.

Going to the Emirates is a completely sanitised experience largely devoid of passion and for most people is comparable to a day at the theatre. So many people are more interested in talking about work, their kids, other games, their bets or fucking about on their phone.

And when was the last time that we had a shot at the title at the business end of the season? I remember what it was like in the last few months of 1998 and 2002 when the pressure was on and every win was absolutely monumental, every second of every game mattered. We just haven't had that excitement for so long and coupled with the demographic changes to the matchday going 'fan' the place just has no passion.
I would say 10/11 was the last time we were involved in the business end of the season
Sadly just like in 07/08
Ah yeah those halcyon days when we won 2 of our last 11 PL games after bottling the League Cup. Ended up finishing 12 points off the top so pretty loose definition of 'business end'!

2007/08 was the last time we had a side who looked half capable of winning a title. We played some fantastic stuff and ultimately came up just short of the top best sides in Europe with 83 points. We came up short because the squad was paper thin and lacked leadership, but rather than kicking on and making the signings we needed he let Diarra and Flamini both piss off and signed Bischoff and Silvestre. He let the Invincibles leave too quickly but that season was the fork in the road for me (not that I realised it for some time).

Kypie1990

Post by Kypie1990 »

I want wenger to leave like a lot of the fans but all the vitriolic talk and comments about him is harsh, what he has done for the club is unreal and he will forever be a legend at the club! He needs to announce that he's leaving before the end of the season so everyone can get behind the team for the last few games of the season and hopefully an fa cup Trophy for his send off! Personally I think he's gonna be here for another year at least as surely if he was to retire he would have the sense to announce, so we can have a manager in place in a couple of months time?

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Fécking Wenger a legend, you're having a fécking giraffe! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

His legend is the £100 million squids wages & bonuses he has pocketed for collaborating with Korenke's profit motives, Wenger USED to be a football revolutionary but for the last 10 years he has become a financial mercenary. :twisted:

Spu**s don't seem to have a problem building a title challenging team & new ground at the same time. Unlike Wenger & Kroenke lying to the supporters for years saying we are skint, can't afford decent players & making the fans pay the highest prices in world football for their greedy profit scheme!

Anyone who still supports Arsene PLC 1996 / or feels sorry for Wonga can fúck off when he leaves :cussing:

We need to purge the AKB Stalinist vermin from our football club. :barscarf:

WENGER OUT KROENKE OUT!

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

WENGER OUT NOW! :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

As if we did not know from todays Express.......
ARSENAL haven't revealed Arsene Wenger is staying because they fear a fan backlash at the business end of the season.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Redarmy wrote:As if we did not know from todays Express.......
ARSENAL haven't revealed Arsene Wenger is staying because they fear a fan backlash at the business end of the season.
We all know it'll be announced in the closed season..it's already signed.

beck

Post by beck »

Kypie1990 wrote:I want wenger to leave like a lot of the fans but all the vitriolic talk and comments about him is harsh, what he has done for the club is unreal and he will forever be a legend at the club! He needs to announce that he's leaving before the end of the season so everyone can get behind the team for the last few games of the season and hopefully an fa cup Trophy for his send off! Personally I think he's gonna be here for another year at least as surely if he was to retire he would have the sense to announce, so we can have a manager in place in a couple of months time?
You do realise that the man has been in 2 fa cup finals since he should have been sacked
That he has praised other teams fans this season while totally disrespecting us
The later is fine if he is doing his job
Life ain't a kindergarten
But he ain't
The time for him to walk and get the totes emosh Hollywood ending has passed
The fanbase have been more than patient
Many still are hence the disunity happening around the ground
People didn't wake up on a whim and go
Ooh let's have a new manager
People wanted wenger to reinvent himself after his 1st 12 years
He ain't and he can't
I don't go along with the senile old *word censored* terms
But I don't have that he deserves the right to go when he decides
He should be judged on performance as should all arsenal managers and he ain't doing his job properly
Go now

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Kypie1990 wrote:I want wenger to leave like a lot of the fans but all the vitriolic talk and comments about him is harsh, what he has done for the club is unreal and he will forever be a legend at the club! He needs to announce that he's leaving before the end of the season so everyone can get behind the team for the last few games of the season and hopefully an fa cup Trophy for his send off! Personally I think he's gonna be here for another year at least as surely if he was to retire he would have the sense to announce, so we can have a manager in place in a couple of months time?
And that's the exact attitude that sees us in the ridiculous situation we are in where he is allowed to choose his own future and run the club top to bottom even though it's painfully obvious he's not up to it.

Any vitriol is because he is a selfish egotistical man who is continuing to act as an anchor for the club and has regularly shown that he doesn't give a shit for the fans. The latest farce being that he told everyone 3 weeks ago that h had made up his mind about next season but still refuses to tell anybody because his ego needs to show everybody that he is in complete control, he will make the decision and he will let the rest of us in on it when he deems it worthy.

Unfortunately this modern phenomenon some of our fans seem to have developed that you can't be outwardly negative about the manager is a complete joke and is why the club is a complete laughing stock. Whilst you are being extra-sensitive about the poor man's feelings as he trousers another 8m to finish 15-20 points off the pace, he will sign another deal and you can bet your bottom dollar we will be in the same situation at the end of his next deal when the whole world can see he neeeds to go but people adopt your attitude and he signs yet another deal.

And as for the idea that we need time to find a successor whilst he continues at the helm? One of the stupidest things I've heard. Complete nonsense. We are not some small-time club in a precarious yet successful position which requires a careful preservation, we are one of the richest clubs in the world and have somehow managed not to be remotely competitive domestically or in Europe for over a decade. The whole reason Wenger shouldn't be there is because he has become a failure. Cut the fucking umbilical cord.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
And that's the exact attitude that sees us in the ridiculous situation we are in where he is allowed to choose his own future and run the club top to bottom even though it's painfully obvious he's not up to it.

Any vitriol is because he is a selfish egotistical man who is continuing to act as an anchor for the club and has regularly shown that he doesn't give a shit for the fans. The latest farce being that he told everyone 3 weeks ago that h had made up his mind about next season but still refuses to tell anybody because his ego needs to show everybody that he is in complete control, he will make the decision and he will let the rest of us in on it when he deems it worthy.

Unfortunately this modern phenomenon some of our fans seem to have developed that you can't be outwardly negative about the manager is a complete joke and is why the club is a complete laughing stock. Whilst you are being extra-sensitive about the poor man's feelings as he trousers another 8m to finish 15-20 points off the pace, he will sign another deal and you can bet your bottom dollar we will be in the same situation at the end of his next deal when the whole world can see he neeeds to go but people adopt your attitude and he signs yet another deal.

And as for the idea that we need time to find a successor whilst he continues at the helm? One of the stupidest things I've heard. Complete nonsense. We are not some small-time club in a precarious yet successful position which requires a careful preservation, we are one of the richest clubs in the world and have somehow managed not to be remotely competitive domestically or in Europe for over a decade. The whole reason Wenger shouldn't be there is because he has become a failure. Cut the fucking umbilical cord.

^^^THIS^^^

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Trevor Ross wrote:
beck wrote:
beck wrote:
Trevor Ross wrote:
beck wrote: I would say 10/11 was the last time we were involved in the business end of the season
Sadly just like in 07/08
Ok mate
Title challenge
9 is fucking criminal
I think this is the prefect description for them. We all refer to them as either AKB's or Sheeple etc etc etc

I think we need to find a new term for them - the AKB thing is old, tired and jaded.

Moonies + Wenger = Woonies. :lol:

The Loonie Woonies
Sing their song
Of their beloved Leader
No matter How Bad he is
Nor how bad it gets
They say 'I'm a Believer'

The Woonie Chant for 2017 - 2019.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Retro Gunner wrote:
armchair wrote:Spurs fan at WHL.

We are not making enough of this point. The fact that our rivals and their supporters are so keen to see the Old Fraud stay, is a massive indictment. It's also particularly galling when it comes from spurs and Chelsea supporters......the ultimate piss take.

I suggested a protest song about it (they want you to stay, Tottenham and Chelsea, they want you to stay) and tried to get it going at the City protest. No one took it up and people looked at me as though they didn't understand why I was singing about Tottenham and Chelsea, or perhaps it was that supposedly macho sense of mis placed loyalty that some people have....you know, the idea that bringing hated rivals into the protest is a step too far. Either way :roll: :roll:

A banner saying "Tottenham and Chelsea want you to stay" would be concise and hard hitting. Might be a dangerous one to be holding though ! :lol:
They do it because it adds to the circus and they know that it upsets the fragile amongst us and they will finish above us this season but one thing is for sure if the vermin had a manager who had fucked all over us for 20 yrs and won the league at our ground I would not want him to stay,anyone who gets upset by it needs to take of there Arsene hating glasses and look at the history
the chavs are a classless shower of shit and I could give you a billion reasons why ,

as well as the banner saying Vermin and chavs want you to stay maybe get half and half scarves as well more in keeping with moidern football supporters :banghead: