Attack in London

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Attack in London

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Apparently was refused asylum....
Can I just say, once refused asylum put them under lock and key before deportation less of a risk to the public...
If lorries are to be left unattended, then at least invent an immobiliser, so these nutters have less of an opportunity to create carnage, fuck me we can fly to the moon and back and simple inventions are constantly overlooked...

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Who is Lorraine and why is she alone ?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

A11M11 wrote:Who is Lorraine and why is she alone ?
You on meds....? :shock:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

You should edit old chap.
If Lorraine's are to be left unattended,

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

A11M11 wrote:You should edit old chap.
If Lorraine's are to be left unattended,
Less of the old, still on the spice I see.... :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

old Spice ??

The great smell of Brut on the North Bank in the 70's

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:old Spice ??

And Hi Karate. :D :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

A11M11 wrote:old Spice ??

Lol, it's the new Puff! Leaves you in a Zombie like state, bit like AFC.... :lol:

mariad

Post by mariad »

AkneyGooner wrote:
mariad wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
mariad wrote:I just fail to understand, after so much security and privacy laws in place, why are the secret services not able to curb terrorism. It hurts to see humans die like this.
May the departed soul rest in peace.
They do curb terrorism (mostly) and prevent dozens of attacks every year. In the UK alone;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -disrupted

Unfortunately you cannot prevent 100% of these attacks, particularly the so called "low-tech lone wolf" style attacks where a scumbag basically uses whatever weapon is at hand (knife, truck, car etc) to launch a sudden unexpected attack. :|
I do understand this fact that 100% cannot be achieved. And to the fact that every other person attacking with a knife, car, truck then should not be classified into an act of terrorism.
The word has been coined and it is now been generalized to every other act. I need to correct myself too. But deep inside i think it is not right.

There could be a certain amount of truth to this, coining it always terorrism and giving 3 days billing across every news medium, these are the same pricks that would otherwise mormally glass or stab somebody on a Feiday night, for no other reason than attention seeking and self loathing

Now if they grow a beard and and get radicalised, so they can be famous. *word censored*.

Headline should read :deranged loser UNNAMED kills innocent people.

I like the Headline and i agree with you on this to a much greater extent.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mariad wrote:I just fail to understand, after so much security and privacy laws in place, why are the secret services not able to curb terrorism. It hurts to see humans die like this.
Simply put, as PIRA said after the Brighton bombing, 'We only have to be lucky once, you have to be lucky every time!' :cussing:

And that in essence is the security services problem, they have to follow up every single lead and it takes a LOT of time and money which has for many years, even well before the current government or even the previous coalition, been filtered off to more 'essential' and vote winning services, and yet as soon as something goes wrong it always 'why?'

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

What really pisses me off is the "He was on our radar" bullshit. It almost smacks of incompetence, a bit like "we almost signed...."

If they are on the radar then how the fuck do they manage to plan an attack without it being noticed? I would probably have more understanding if they said "This was a total random and we knew nothing about him".

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:What really pisses me off is the "He was on our radar" bullshit. It almost smacks of incompetence, a bit like "we almost signed...."

If they are on the radar then how the fuck do they manage to plan an attack without it being noticed? I would probably have more understanding if they said "This was a total random and we knew nothing about him".
Even if they knew about him how can they act before he does anything? OK if he is caught with a bomb or gun but now they are driving cars into crowds..... You cant know they will commit a crime until they have done it when they are driving about

mariad

Post by mariad »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Simply put, as PIRA said after the Brighton bombing, 'We only have to be lucky once, you have to be lucky every time!' :cussing:

And that in essence is the security services problem, they have to follow up every single lead and it takes a LOT of time and money which has for many years, even well before the current government or even the previous coalition, been filtered off to more 'essential' and vote winning services, and yet as soon as something goes wrong it always 'why?'
Quite legit of what you say. But as the post ahead mentions he was on the radar. Then they should have done something before.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Something similar has happened in Stockholm this afternoon. :twisted: :banghead:
That is the thanks they get for opening their doors....
Two Churches in Egypt have been bombed today killing,at the last count 31 people.
Why is it that they expect mosques to be respected in non muslim countries,and yet they show no reciprical respect for the followers,or their places of worship of other religions in their countries? :banghead:
Got slated about Egypt being unsafe and fucking rife with mad mullah's...
Still holiday makers know best.... :shock:
Lads, seriously. You cannot see the difference? It wasn't the entire Muslim religion or Islam that bombed the churches and it wasn't Islam that carried out these lone wolf attacks. It was individuals and/or small groups that claim an affiliation with Islam. You cannot blame an entire religion or race for the actions of a minority.