Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Oi! :evil: I wasn't the one at the protest who walked like his sphincter was chewing a toffee. :lol:
:shock:

:popcorn:

:D :wink:

You're confusing me with Jumpers and when he reads this, you're gonna be in big trouble. As you'll remember, he's about 6'3".....at least !!

And you're right, I do remember you didn't walk like your sphincter was chewing a toffee.....you walked as though your sphincter had been hammered black and blue !! Just saying..... :D :wink:
Fuckoff yer twatt you are so limp wristed no one would give you a banner to hold as it kept turning sideways.... :wink: Even your carer had to keep 'man handling ' you :D :wink:

:shock: :shock: Blimey mate, I thought we were having a joke :D I'll duck out before it gets out of hand. :box:
We are...or at least we were! :roll: :lol: :wink:

It's DB Ooompah Lumpaah's fault he stirs the smelly stuff then sits back to watch whilst munching away at his popcorn, him and his gimp flash. :wink: :wink:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
:shock:

:popcorn:

:D :wink:

You're confusing me with Jumpers and when he reads this, you're gonna be in big trouble. As you'll remember, he's about 6'3".....at least !!

And you're right, I do remember you didn't walk like your sphincter was chewing a toffee.....you walked as though your sphincter had been hammered black and blue !! Just saying..... :D :wink:
Fuckoff yer twatt you are so limp wristed no one would give you a banner to hold as it kept turning sideways.... :wink: Even your carer had to keep 'man handling ' you :D :wink:

:shock: :shock: Blimey mate, I thought we were having a joke :D I'll duck out before it gets out of hand. :box:
We are...or at least we were! :roll: :lol: :wink:

It's DB Ooompah Lumpaah's fault he stirs the smelly stuff then sits back to watch whilst munching away at his popcorn, him and his gimp flash. :wink: :wink:

:lol: To be frank, as unusual as it may be, DB is innocent on this occasion. It was indeed I that put you in the frame with Fat Joan.....but be honest OBG, you do like her don't you ?!! :lol:

Anyway, enough, people want to get the thread back to the protests. They're right.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Guys..the bus for tomorrow is cancelled and we are not getting our money back

I received an email at 5pm last night with a whole list of rules and regulations... no booze (we knew that and I have email evidence saying we DID NOT want booze as we did not want to be portrayed a Lager Louts), no standing, no banners attached to the sides, only placards on handles (remember you will be sitting down)

So i replied with a furious email asking why NONE of this was mentioned before and part of the reply was as follows..If you wish to continue with this matter further, I will have no choice but to ring the Metropolitan Police football support unit and relay to them the information contained within this email and your intentions to drink and cause trouble, and you can deal with them further, if that is what you prefer, and seem to want.

So a last minute list of rules and regulations basically scuppering all intent. And their obsession with booze?? WE DO NOT WANT BOOZE I TOLD THEM THAT!! When they told me on booking NO BOOZE why did they NOT tell me all these rules...I told them we were protesting???

Where do you guys think this last minute pressure has come from???

RobG

Post by RobG »

Clearly this is the dead hand of the Club at work but it says little for this 'firm' whoever they are, as events like this are nothing special. Clearly the Club have nudged the police on this who have pathetically complied.

Just make your presence felt inside and outside the ground. With a bit of luck City will hit top gear and come five o'clock you will all have plenty of evidence to remind everyone of why you are making this effort to begin with.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:Guys..the bus for tomorrow is cancelled and we are not getting our money back

I received an email at 5pm last night with a whole list of rules and regulations... no booze (we knew that and I have email evidence saying we DID NOT want booze as we did not want to be portrayed a Lager Louts), no standing, no banners attached to the sides, only placards on handles (remember you will be sitting down)

So i replied with a furious email asking why NONE of this was mentioned before and part of the reply was as follows..If you wish to continue with this matter further, I will have no choice but to ring the Metropolitan Police football support unit and relay to them the information contained within this email and your intentions to drink and cause trouble, and you can deal with them further, if that is what you prefer, and seem to want.

So a last minute list of rules and regulations basically scuppering all intent. And their obsession with booze?? WE DO NOT WANT BOOZE I TOLD THEM THAT!! When they told me on booking NO BOOZE why did they NOT tell me all these rules...I told them we were protesting???

Obviously they have been pressured into this - threatening to tell the football support unit what exactly ?
A group of peaceful protesters want to stop en route for a pint or two, pathetic.
I would think they would have their hands full with the game today to worry about an open top bus trip :roll:

If the club are still trying desperately trying to scupper plans then they are still worried about all the negative publicity they are getting. GOOD. :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xisstential wrote:Guys..the bus for tomorrow is cancelled and we are not getting our money back

Why are you not entitled to a refund?

hartygooner

Post by hartygooner »

Absolute bollox from that company there. Tell them to take the email to the fuckin police there's nothing in it that is in any way intent of anything criminal i doubt. Surely they can't keep your money either. They have broken the contract not yourselves.

Thanks for the stickers xissential. I will get them on the work vans next week. Thanks again guys for trying everything you are.

augie

Post by augie »

hartygooner wrote:Absolute bollox from that company there. Tell them to take the email to the fuckin police there's nothing in it that is in any way intent of anything criminal i doubt. Surely they can't keep your money either. They have broken the contract not yourselves.

Thanks for the stickers xissential. I will get them on the work vans next week. Thanks again guys for trying everything you are.

I would echo all of this - I too received my stickers thanks Chris, and I have already put them on my car and work van 8) As we speak, I am keeping a sharp eye on the car of a local akb, and the first chance I get I shall be putting a sticker on the front and back windscreens of his work car :barscarf:

I too would question the legality of them cancelling the booking, and even more so if they are refusing to refund the money - was the booking done over the phone or via email Chris ? At any stage have they informed you about the "no banners" rule ? I THINK (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) that the onus is on them to inform you of ALL their rules before you book, and then they need some acknowledgement from you that you have been made aware of the rules and accept them - by law they cannot break a contract willingly entered into.
Tbh I am not surprised that a company would cancel a booking like this after the club put some pressure on them - however I am absolutely appalled at the cheek of the b*stards when refusing to refund your/our money, and then sending you a threatening letter as well :evil: I don't know if there are any forum members that work in the legal sector, or if anyone has friends that work in that industry, but imo at the very least we should fight to get the money back

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:If you wish to continue with this matter further, I will have no choice but to ring the Metropolitan Police football support unit and relay to them the information contained within this email and your intentions to drink and cause trouble, and you can deal with them further, if that is what you prefer, and seem to want.
Maybe we should report them to the Metropolitan Police for slander as they have no evidence anyone is there to cause trouble.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

This thread is dead in the water because it painfully obvious people at the club are reading

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

ATTENTION GUYS

The bus is back on for Sunday...exactly the same arrangements. Do NOT bring booze.
I had to do a lot of grovelling. Dont F*** this up.

augie

Post by augie »

Well done Chris :bowing21:

First the plane was going to be cancelled, and now it is the bus .......... is it a coincidence or just part of a deliberate policy of disrupting rather than stopping the protests ? Legally companies know that they cannot cancel a booking like that, so I'm wondering if messing with the organizing of the fans to attend, is the next best thing for the club :rubchin:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xisstential wrote:ATTENTION GUYS

The bus is back on for Sunday...exactly the same arrangements. Do NOT bring booze.
I had to do a lot of grovelling. Dont F*** this up.
Well done mate

Sean

Post by Sean »

Fuck, that gave me a scare :shock: :lol:

Is there any point in bringing the banners tomorrow? I'd have hoped we would be hanging them around the edge the bus so as to make our point. Plus having to sit all the time isn't great for chants or showing off the VT.

I suppose we shouldn't have publicized the bus trip publicly until today. It does look like the club are keeping tabs on the forum. Definite interference seems to be in play as with the plane.

Whatever happens, I shall be there tomorrow :mrgreen: