The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Didn't Bobby Robson keep managing well into his mid-70s and well past his sell by date..... just saying :wink:

Watching the England France match last night was particularly embarrassing when you see the best England could field was mainly a bunch of Spuds players against a 10 man France for half the match and still get beat.

I'd never really seen Mbappe play before or Dembele but for a pair of young players they were excellent showing desire, skill and tactical nowse, traits that we would never want to see in our team so there is no way Mbappe would ever come to play for our Scam Merchant even if he offered the right price :roll:

I actually thought Giroud played ok last night too, managed to stay on his feet most of the time which is unusual seeing as when he plays in red and white he spends most of his time on his arse :roll:

Sean's good at countdowns, maybe we can get him to start one for the when the trolley dash happens :twisted:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Ahh Bobby Robson, loved him, here are a few giggles on this depressing thread....

Reporter to Newcastle's Shola Ameobi: 'Do you have a nickname?'
Ameobi: 'No, not really'
Reporter: 'What do your team mates call you?'
Ameobi: 'Just Shola'
Reporter: 'So what does Bobby Robson call you?'
Ameobi: 'Carl Cort.'

"In Mexico '86 a few of the players had been to see Beverley Hills Cop. As they're walking into the hotel a few of them are singing "The Heat is on", Robson turns round serious as you like and says "get them to turn it off then, its baking in here!"

"He turns to Bryan Robson at the airport and says, "Where's Reidy?" (Peter Reid).
Bryan Robson "You didn't pick him boss."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:00 pm
Ahh Bobby Robson, loved him, here are a few giggles on this depressing thread....

"In Mexico '86 a few of the players had been to see Beverley Hills Cop. As they're walking into the hotel a few of them are singing "The Heat is on", Robson turns round serious as you like and says "get them to turn it off then, its baking in here!"

"He turns to Bryan Robson at the airport and says, "Where's Reidy?" (Peter Reid).
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Top quality mate. 8)

I actually laughed out loud at "Carl Cort". :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Top quality mate. 8)

We deserve a grin, why not start up a Funny Quotes thread? :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least we can keep away from the W word.... :blah:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Top quality mate. 8)

We deserve a grin, why not start up a Funny Quotes thread? :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least we can keep away from the W word.... :blah:
Good idea, mate. :D 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Copy and paste my Bobby Robson ones :roll: :lol:

RobG

Post by RobG »

Everton have just signed Klaason from Ajax. Now it might not work out. :rubchin:

But on the other hand, even at £24 million it could be a winner, particularly if they nab Siggardsoun from Swansea as well.

Everton are clearly acting with purpose.

On the other hand, Everton fans may be willing to sit back and hear how Koehman - 'almost' signed - fill in the blank
space - anyone, from John Charles to Christiano Ronaldo, via Dixie Dean - :shock: :censored:

Meanwhile in darkest London N5, Bouldy is limbering up for two more years of traffic cone arrangement.

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:41 am
Done... you lazy ceeunt. :lol: :wink:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:08 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:41 am
Done... you lazy ceeunt. :lol: :wink:
Thank you my "Celtic tiger"... :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I see AllGunzablazin has joined the ' Clique' then. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Website:

Arsenal have had a £17.6m bid rejected for Juventus winger Juan Cuadrado, 29, but the Serie A champions are looking for about £30m for the former Chelsea player. (Sun)

The Gunners have also made a £10.5m bid for Fenerbahce centre-back Simon Kjaer, 28, who is also wanted by city rivals AC and Inter Milan. (Turksvoetbal - in Turkish)

Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal, 31, says he is "almost certain" fellow full-back Hector Bellerin, 22, will stay at the club next season amid interest from Barcelona. (Evening Standard)

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:35 am
BBC Website:

Arsenal have had a £17.6m bid rejected for Juventus winger Juan Cuadrado, 29, but the Serie A champions are looking for about £30m for the former Chelsea player. (Sun)

The Gunners have also made a £10.5m bid for Fenerbahce centre-back Simon Kjaer, 28, who is also wanted by city rivals AC and Inter Milan. (Turksvoetbal - in Turkish)

Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal, 31, says he is "almost certain" fellow full-back Hector Bellerin, 22, will stay at the club next season amid interest from Barcelona. (Evening Standard)

I take everything in papers with a pinch of salt, but I came across this on the Metro's article:

"It’s understood the Gunners’ bid was identical to the figure Massimiliano Allegri’s side paid Chelsea for the Colombia international."

And I'm inclined to believe this because it's just such a typical Wenger thing to do :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC Website:

I take everything in papers with a pinch of salt, but I came across this on the Metro's article:

"It’s understood the Gunners’ bid was identical to the figure Massimiliano Allegri’s side paid Chelsea for the Colombia international."

And I'm inclined to believe this because it's just such a typical Wenger thing to do :banghead:
I automatically discount and dis-believe anything and everything regarding transfers & wenger - Unless it is a free transfer than I know it is most likely to be true - The cun.t is such a Liar.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:38 pm
postmanPat91 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC Website:

I automatically discount and dis-believe anything and everything regarding transfers & wenger - Unless it is a free transfer than I know it is most likely to be true - The cun.t is such a Liar.
+£1 and lowball bids are also most likely true :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Cuadrado? Didn't Wenger see what he was like at Chelsea ffs?!
And all these top forwards supposedly turning us down due to the lack of CL footie. Well Mr Knowitall, the chickens are coming home to roost. You fucked around telling the world it was your best ever squad and not bothering with top players and this is the result.
Still wtf do I know? My lack of 30 years in management presumably means my opinions should be kept to myself