The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I do not expect too much activity coming into the club with no CL money to come, but I expect the exit door to be revolving like the Tasmanian Devil!..
Of course we will keep his darlings who blow hot and cold throughout!....

. :suicide:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has confirmed interest in Monaco star Kylian Mbappe - but they have not made an offer.

Reports in England, Spain and France surfaced late last month claiming Monaco had rejected a world-record £103m offer from the Champions League winners.

But Perez - newly elected as Real's president - insists transfer business has been on hold throughout the election process and they have not made offers for any player, including AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma.

Taken from ssn.

Well that pours some cold water on a few pages here :lol:

Anyhow we won't be buying him and the prices being touted about for a teenager are absurd imo.

We will buy someone like lacazette who I know little about and is probably at the giroud level from what little I've heard.

Oh well just enjoy these beautiful evenings with beer or wine in the garden and leave the transfer business to Wenger, he's got it covered :wink: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Whaaaaaaat a loada Bollox. :yawn: :goingtobed:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm
I do not expect too much activity coming into the club with no CL money to come, but I expect the exit door to be revolving like the Tasmanian Devil!..

I Totally Concur.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:49 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:

I Totally Concur.
To quote a fellow forum member

I totally concur with your totally concurring :wink:

MrT

Post by MrT »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... sip-Monaco

“Wenger, he is a great,” a source said. :lol:

“If Mbappe were to sign for Arsenal tomorrow, it would be for him. :lol:

“He knows how to produce youngsters and especially former French international team forwards, Thierry Henry and Nicolas Anelka. Only playing in the Europa League is not an obstacle for him.” :lol:

The report says Arsenal would only be a temporary destination though with a move to the likes of Real Madrid targeted in the future.

“Either he will go to a stepping-stone club, or directly to a great club.''

If his team honestly think a move to Arsenal under Wenger would be in his best interests then they need to be medicated. In the infinitesimal chance in some alternative universe he does actually sign, it would be horrible to watch the next great footballing prospect reduced to scrapping for top 4 and the odd FA Cup.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:49 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:

I Totally Concur.
To quote a fellow forum member

I totally concur with your totally concurring :wink:
I wholeheartedly concur with the total concurring of the totally concurring 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Is Wenger not quoted as saying many times....nothing happens in the transfer window until the last few days?

Exactly how and where he gets this information of course is in the mind of a mad man

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

MrT wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:49 pm

“He knows how to produce youngsters and especially former French international team forwards, Thierry Henry and Nicolas Anelka. Only playing in the Europa League is not an obstacle for him.” :lol:

The report says Arsenal would only be a temporary destination though with a move to the likes of Real Madrid targeted in the future.

If his team honestly think a move to Arsenal under Wenger would be in his best interests then they need to be medicated. In the infinitesimal chance in some alternative universe he does actually sign, it would be horrible to watch the next great footballing prospect reduced to scrapping for top 4 and the odd FA Cup.
Let's see! Real Madrid or Arsenal.... :hmmthink:
You are right why would an 18 year old risk his future and being saddled with quote "building a team around him"...
If anything he should be nurtured, and when I saw him play I was amazed by his talent, something I had not seen for a very long time...
But in the semi against Juve he struggled because the Italians did a good job on him and restricted him then the head went down which for a very young man is about right...
Personally I would love him to come, but Real Madrid should be his destination, not just about the money, but who is actually going to develop him...
Zinedine Zidane is the man for him, not a clutch at straws persona!....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:35 am
MrT wrote:

You are right why would an 18 year old risk his future and being saddled with quote "building a team around him"...
If anything he should be nurtured, and when I saw him play I was amazed by his talent, something I had not seen for a very long time...
But in the semi against Juve he struggled because the Italians did a good job on him and restricted him then the head went down which for a very young man is about right...
Personally I would love him to come, but Real Madrid should be his destination, not just about the money, but who is actually going to develop him...

Agreed absolutely no choice to be made, we are a fucking joke club run by a mad man...

Also at £100 million plus it seems crazy money to spend on Mbappe?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:46 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
MrT wrote:

Agreed absolutely no choice to be made, we are a fucking joke club run by a mad man...

Also at £100 million plus it seems crazy money to spend on Mbappe?
The thing is Red, it may be rumour but Wenger had a chance to get him for peanuts!
So in effect the scouting system or really Wengers scouting system has failed, managers attract talent and as we have seen with the exception of Sanchez, Wenger no longer has that pulling power! put into the mix an uninterested club owner, then it is a recipe for eventual disaster...
CL is a big draw too, would a young talented Buck want to play on Europes showcase competition with potential mouth watering fixtures and regular finals, or would he rather play in the Pisspot of the Europa!
And the cash he can earn in bonuses and lucrative image rights will be highlighted by his advisor!....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:31 am
Is Wenger not quoted as saying many times....nothing happens in the transfer window until the last few days?

Exactly how and where he gets this information of course is in the mind of a mad man
Because by then all the big names are gone and the heavy bidding wars are over....so its just the leftovers, who nobody wants, hanging around hoping somebody comes in for them. Enter the French genius with his paper thin wallet...........

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:31 am

Because by then all the big names are gone and the heavy bidding wars are over....so its just the leftovers, who nobody wants, hanging around hoping somebody comes in for them. Enter the French genius with his paper thin wallet...........
yeah thats about it mate :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
MrT wrote:

If by some miracle he ended up with us he would probably end up out on loan at Huddersfield or WBA as Wenger wouldn't be able to handle him so naturally it would be the players fault. He would be farmed out and get a leetle experience.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
MrT wrote:

Zinedine Zidane is the man for him
, not a clutch at straws persona!....
At the least he'd pick up some decent head-butting techniques, still more than he'd learn under Wanka :oops: