Holidays

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
HARLOW GOONER

Re: Holidays

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

Someone take Wenger with them and leave him there

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:Yeah, but combat shorts and a T-shirt counts as 'formal attire' in Dublin.
There are parts of this Fair City where you'd be considered overdressed if you wore that to a wedding. 8)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Red Snapper wrote:"Fat, elitist racists in pink Lyle & Scott sweaters and orange trousers, forever prattling on about their new Volvo or Lexus"

Oi! Speaking as a golfer I resent that sentence and must put you straight.

I drive a Jaguar. :wink:
You've still got your Jag, Snappy? It must be older than mine. And that died a couple of years back :)

I now have a Chelsea Tractor which drinks petrol like it's going out of fashion. And a little Mazda which I can actually afford to juice up. 8)

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

olgitgooner wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:"Fat, elitist racists in pink Lyle & Scott sweaters and orange trousers, forever prattling on about their new Volvo or Lexus"

Oi! Speaking as a golfer I resent that sentence and must put you straight.

I drive a Jaguar. :wink:
You've still got your Jag, Snappy? It must be older than mine. And that died a couple of years back :)

I now have a Chelsea Tractor which drinks petrol like it's going out of fashion. And a little Mazda which I can actually afford to juice up. 8)
Yep, it's 15 this year and just gone over 80000. Apart from a lot of front end noise which will be sorted later this week not much to complain about. Bodywork still perfect.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

corkbarry wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 pm
If Cork City can maintain their form i could be travelling on the Continent next season in The Champions League :barscarf:

9 games 9 wins, 5 clean sheets and a + 19 goals.

Not a lot of people know this but our league runs from Feb to O ctober and most of our games are played Friday evening, great in the Summer months/

18 wins and 1 draw, no losses +44 goals difference, Tonight won 0 2 away in the Europa league. We could be heading towards The Arsenal :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Had a fantastic relaxing week away in sunny Sardinia, we didn't see a cloud all week - and spent most of it gazing out from the infinity pool .

Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a tranquil getaway - no bars, noise, kids screaming etc it was bliss.

https://www.costadeifiori.it/sardinia-hotel.html

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Majorca for me don't like it 2 quiet have younger son & girlfriend & daughter & wife so fun fun fun
Having said that just me misses last year Cyprus nice plenty of site seeing tombs of kings etc ......

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:49 pm
Majorca for me don't like it 2 quiet have younger son & girlfriend & daughter & wife so fun fun fun
Having said that just me misses last year Cyprus nice plenty of site seeing tombs of kings etc ......

Taking your girlfriend and wife on the same holiday? Brave! :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:

:lol:

Is it Finsbury Park Gooner? :barscarf:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:

A lot worse taking your Wife and Boyfriend :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Off to Norway on a cruise ship at the end of August.

Normally I would be worried about what fixture I am missing, but I took the decision at the end of last season to stop going until Wenger leaves the club. I really get no pleasure from watching the Arsenal anymore and the atmosphere is non-existent.

It is actually quite nice to not have to plan everything around football for the foreseeable future!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Normally I would be worried about what fixture I am missing, but I took the decision at the end of last season to stop going until Wenger leaves the club. I really get no pleasure from watching the Arsenal anymore and the atmosphere is non-existent.

It is actually quite nice to not have to plan everything around football for the foreseeable future!
Made that decision a couple of years ago, mate. I miss the trip over, and the pub with me mates before and after the game, but do not miss the "match attendance experience" :roll: at all since we left Highbury for this current fucking awful soulless bowl populated with wánkers. :censored:

Will probably have to renege on it though this season or next as my 12 year old son is going nuts to be brought over for at least one game... :| Been putting it off for a couple seasons now. He wants his first game to be a home game. :x

I'm quite proud that he also wants to make his Gooner bones by getting brought to the Drain for the scum away. :lol: 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Oslo's OK, but if you've got time I recommend getting the train or bus an hour or two North. There's some really nice towns and villages.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Can always tell when the kids go back to school when those couples that don't have children at school go away on holiday over the next two weeks.