Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Europa League

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:08 am
Fuck that Azerbaijan shit. I'm with Sean. I'm a Kazakhstan man. :barscarf: 8)

You like my sister yes? No? How about my goat? :shock:

:D :wink:
Jagshemash! Well said 8)

phpBB [video]

The only Azeri side I'd want to meet is TA6's old side Gabala :barscarf:

I want maximum humiliation for TOF, with him having to manage us in a game beyond the 30th meridian east, especially in Central Asia, despite it being ridiculous that Kazakhstan are even in UEFA.

I want him to freeze his arse off over 3,400 miles away from London. What's particularly enjoyable is that the two Kazakh sides still in the EL are practically at the borders of China. Have that for your Far East tour, Ivan. Chenqui :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fucckkkk so it's true all the women in that country DO have Mustaches.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:56 pm
Sean wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Jagshemash! Well said 8)

phpBB [video]

I want maximum humiliation for TOF, with him having to manage us in a game beyond the 30th meridian east, especially in Central Asia, despite it being ridiculous that Kazakhstan are even in UEFA.

I want him to freeze his arse off over 3,400 miles away from London. What's particularly enjoyable is that the two Kazakh sides still in the EL are practically at the borders of China. Have that for your Far East tour, Ivan. Chenqui :mrgreen:

Get a few thousand doing that and it will knock City's poznan into a cocked hat.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sean wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Jagshemash! Well said 8)

phpBB [video]

Get a few thousand doing that and it will knock City's poznan into a cocked hat.
What? Women grow mustaches??? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sean wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Jagshemash! Well said 8)

phpBB [video]

What? Women grow mustaches??? :?
Been done already. They call it "Birmingham". :shock:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Looking forward to winning a European Comp.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:46 am
#may2026

#newera

#allegri

:shock:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:02 am
flash gunner wrote:
#may2026

#newera

#allegri

#ohb*ll*cks

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:03 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:02 am
flash gunner wrote:
#may2026

#newera

#allegri

#ohb*ll*cks
#onlynineyearsaway

:barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

The Old Fraud has never won a European trophy in '40' years in football 8)

Cup Winner's Cup - Beaten finalists in 1992

UEFA Cup - Beaten finalists in 2000

Champions League - Beaten finalists in 2006

The unholy trinity! :barscarf:

And it goes without saying that those are the ONLY European finals that TOF has managed to get to. In '40' years :lol:

But who could replace him? :suicide:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

the only european final the fraud hasn't lost is the inter-fucking-toto :oops:

then again, what other manager can say that :barscarf: :barscarf: 1AW :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Sean wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Jagshemash! Well said 8)

phpBB [video]

A day in the life of Tottenham!
They have a lot in common with Romania, and their washing days are similar!...
Fucking inbreds....

Sean

Post by Sean »

I've been nursing a semi all day because it's Europa League day! :barscarf:

I am absolutely gutted that The Kazakhstan Dream has died :cry: AA23's Kairat lost 3-1 on aggregate to the Albanian makeweights, as did Irtysh to Red Star Belgrade. This ruins all the comedic potential of posting Kazakh flags, national anthems and Borat videos in this thread over the coming weeks. It's also also sad because Kazakh teams have started to qualify for the group stages - twice in the last four years in the EL and once in the CL - so the dream wasn't as pie in the sky as it may have looked. Although there may be some hope for the dream, if Astana make it to the play-off for the Be All and End All and get knocked out and drawn into our group :mrgreen:

I hope that FC SKA-Khabarovsk (470 miles north of Vladivostok) qualify for the EL next season, so we can play a European game at mid-morning (assuming we qualify), seeing as they are ten hours ahead of us. Anyway, the back-up dream of Azerbaijan will have to do for now. Gabala won their tie, barely keeping that dream alive, seeing as Inter Baku and Zira crashed out tonight to Luxembourger and Romanian opposition respectively. Hopefully we will come up against Krasnodar of Russia, although I was desperately hoping for a game east of the Caspian; east of the Black Sea will have to do :lol:

Sadly the two Irish sides were knocked out, preventing the small possibility of a piss-up in Oireland. The last Scottish survivors in the competition, Aberdeen won 3-1 on aggregate against their Bosnian opposition. The aforementioned Odd of Norway beat the eternal Leichtenstein Cup winners Vaduz, knocking them out until next year. Sturm Graz were able to overturn their deficit to their Montenegrin opposition; still, not bad for a league who have only existed for a decade.
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:17 pm
the only european final the fraud hasn't lost is the inter-fucking-toto :oops:

then again, what other manager can say that :barscarf: :barscarf: 1AW :barscarf:
:lol:

I'm pretty sure that The Old Fraud has ever entered the Intertoto Cup, in order to lose it. After winning the title at Monaco he kept them in Europe in the three main trophies, but was unable to reach more than one European final before taking Monaco to mid-table. Interestingly, his 'Arsenal didn't play much in the European Cup/Be All and End All before I came here' shit can be easily counter-acted by the fact that he himself only played in just ONE European Cup tournament, seeing as you had to win your league to qualify for it; only reaching the quarter-finals and being knocked out by Galatasaray. He also qualified for the then-new Be All and End All in his final full season there, reaching the semi-finals and being knocked out by eventual winners AC Milan. Then again, this wanker has only won four league titles in '40' years, yet is looked upon as in irreplaceable sage :roll:

The Intertoto Cup was a weird trophy wasn't it? It was ran to keep the football pools going through the summer. It was a half finished tournament, with no single final since the 60s. The Arsenal never played in it, even when we were shit. Anyone could apply to enter who hadn't qualified for Europe. It was whoever won their group, then whoever won the fifth round ties, then third round ties were joint winners. Then it was whoever won the third round and then got furthest in the UEFA Cup. Newcastle actually won it in 2006, as you can see from the sheer joy on Scott Parker's face. Unsurprisingly, it was merged into the Europa League, like with the Cup Winners Cup, hence the over-bloated Europa format.

:barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Shamrock Rovers knocked out last night , so I regretfully have to announce that " Thursday in Tallaght" has been postponed for at least another year..

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Here's a stat for you courtesy of BT Sport:-

"Arsenal, with over a century of victories are the most successful team to have never won the Champions League"

Don't have to say anymore :banghead: :cussing:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:32 am
Shamrock Rovers knocked out last night , so I regretfully have to announce that " Thursday in Tallaght" has been postponed for at least another year..
It gets worse, the team i thought would win it were knocked out last night, Cork City :( which surely now will make The Arsenal favourites/