David Dein

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: David Dein

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:44 pm
Please come back and save our club. Use fan power to get rid of Kronke and his drones then advise we buy some good consistent players just like it was while you were here. Many many thanks
Wasn't it Dein that brought kronke into the club? Then switched to usmanov when he had a fallout the board. Whilst he did bring Arsenal into the 21st century he also brought about the current stagnation that surrounds the club.
Let's not forget that Dein was also a major player in the push to gentrify the PL and football in general. The PC infested horseshit of a game we currently have is down to DD and his cronies in the Football Association, his various FIFA & UEFA committees and the G14.

Cúnts to a man. :x :censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

David Dein was a parasite and in my opinion a crook !

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

He was certainly one of the architects of the modern football most on here now complain about, made himself a new few quid out of Arsenal to boot, lets not forget he wanted to move us to Wembley, anyone thinking his return would turn around the club from its current course is mistaken

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

regardless of whether Dein was good or bad it cannot be denied that when he was at the club there was AMBITION to win trophies - the major trophies such as the league.

that ambition has been sucked out of the club, firstly through his departure and then by the arrival of Kroenke.
the only thing that I will say in Kroenke's defence is that he is completely open about the fact that he is not at Arsenal to win the league.

what however I continue to find baffling is that there is still probably a majority of our fanbase who retain this deluded idea that the club is actually trying to win the league still :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah right :D

if the club had ANY AMBITION then they would not have given Wenger a new contract!

Herd

Post by Herd »

The problem with all that is that it is because of Dein and Fizbang sucking the lifeblood out of the club and getting very last penny for their shares that we have ended up where we are !

Dein like to portray himself as the reforming genius of football but really he's just another slimy shyster trying to scam a buck !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

The Knowing One wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:37 am
He was certainly one of the architects of the modern football most on here now complain about, made himself a new few quid out of Arsenal to boot, lets not forget he wanted to move us to Wembley, anyone thinking his return would turn around the club from its current course is mistaken
Anyone remember the Arsenal bond ? Used to scare season ticket holders into purchasing a bond to pay for the cost of the new Northbank (which we didn't want in the first place) pretty sure that was Dein`s idea - it worked too as we were Champions, a glorious new era was looming as having won the title 2 times in 3 years we were going to build a dynasty to rival that of the 30`s . :barscarf: and people were scared of missing out.

I found the original prospectus sent out to all season ticket holders the other day when having a clear out.

And yes Dein was pushing for Wembley, or another stadium on the outskirts of the m25, possibly even a groundshare with them lot :shock:
He wanted Kroenke to which the famous "we don't want his sort" quote was made by the board who eventually sold out regardless as ££££ comes before the good of the club every time.

Our "custodians" are all to blame.......us Martin are you out there ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 am
The problem with all that is that it is because of Dein and Fizbang sucking the lifeblood out of the club and getting very last penny for their shares that we have ended up where we are !

Dein like to portray himself as the reforming genius of football but really he's just another slimy shyster trying to scam a buck !
:high5:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:42 am

the only thing that I will say in Kroenke's defence is that he is completely open about the fact that he is not at Arsenal to win the league.
No longer true, his hand was forced by our fat Uzbek friend's takeover bid, into saying he wanted to win the PL and "European trophies", another reason to not want us to win the Europapop cup. Of course we know it's bs but at least it is out there now, AKB's will make his life easy though just like they do for Wanger, that's why I don't really want us to win the "second rate trophies" like EL, FA or league cup because that just keeps the easy crew happy thinking we're making progress when in reality it is just a reflection of us being a "second rate team".

:roll:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Modern football has gone crazy. When you have a club like City spending near on £200m on Full backs. FFS Kyle Walker £50m, :shock: Three of our five rivals have already spent well in excess of £150m. If we are ever to compete we need an owner who is prepared to do the same, or we will for ever be in 4th or 5th and playing catch up.

I don't understand how these clubs can continue to write blank cheques, this surely can't be sustainable

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 am
Modern football has gone crazy. When you have a club like City spending near on £200m on Full backs. FFS Kyle Walker £50m, :shock: Three of our five rivals have already spent well in excess of £150m. If we are ever to compete we need an owner who is prepared to do the same, or we will for ever be in 4th or 5th and playing catch up.

I don't understand how these clubs can continue to write blank cheques, this surely can't be sustainable
No it can't. But, just like the way the world is run (as a business) so it will eventually come crashing down Big Time. I look forward to it. It may take some 15 - 20 years for the game we all know as 'Football' (NOT Soccerrrr) to be re-claimed by the masses and once more enjoyed as a 'competitive sport' by all classes and levels of society, but it will be worth it to see the circus that is currently masquerading as Football, run out of town. Well at least till the next financial pattern re-turns to once more make more profit etc etc etc :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: Oh! yes, David Dein is a cuntt.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Rosie_titters wrote:

Financial Fair Play regulations seem to be as effective now as when they were first introduced in 2012. At least Arsenal try to play by the rule book.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:43 pm
Rosie_titters wrote:

Financial Fair Play regulations seem to be as effective now as when they were first introduced in 2012. At least Arsenal try to play by the rule book.
Don't worry cos when financial fair play kicks in we are going to be in a great position with our pennies saved for a rainy day.........oh it's been and gone ?

NickF

Post by NickF »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:39 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:43 pm
Rosie_titters wrote:

Don't worry cos when financial fair play kicks in we are going to be in a great position with our pennies saved for a rainy day.........oh it's been and gone ?
I was reading an article today and FFP does still exist.

Barca are reporting PSG to UEFA about breaches of FFP (don't laugh) with regard to their attempt to buy Neymar. Apparently under FFP, you are not allowed to make loses of 30m over a 3 year period. When PSG breached it last time they were given a £20m fine, their spending was capped to £49m and they competed in the 2014-15 Champions League with 21 players instead of the usual 25.

Though how Barca have got the cheek to complain is beyond me....

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 pm

I was reading an article today and FFP does still exist.

Barca are reporting PSG to UEFA about breaches of FFP (don't laugh) with regard to their attempt to buy Neymar. Apparently under FFP, you are not allowed to make loses of 30m over a 3 year period. When PSG breached it last time they were given a £20m fine, their spending was capped to £49m and they competed in the 2014-15 Champions League with 21 players instead of the usual 25.

Though how Barca have got the cheek to complain is beyond me....
Was that before or after they managed to get sponsored by a company owned (directly or indirectly) by their Qatari owners?, who then sponsored them at rate that would suggest PSG have a fan base as large as the likes of MU or RM, so they would 'comply'. :roll:

FFP is a joke, FIFA are a joke, UEFA are a joke, the English FA are a joke and sadly so are we.. :banghead: