THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by xisstential »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... enger-says

More authorative,know it all bullshit from this infuriating blowhard. Always speaks to people like he's teaching them valuable life lessons.

Loathe the man.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:20 pm
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... enger-says

More authorative,know it all bullshit from this infuriating blowhard. Always speaks to people like he's teaching them valuable life lessons.

Loathe the man.
Join the club.....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Alexis will be sold on the last day of the transfer window. :?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wenger off on one again lecturing about the Neymar deal. Here's an idea Arsene, why don't you just get on with your f**king job instead of trying to be some sort of footballing nostradamus?, only a few delusional AKB fools listen to your prophecies these days, and just like your fellow countryman most of them are wrong anyway.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

6 years ago :-

"Nasri and Fabregas will not be leaving the club. You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that"

In the background Nasri and Fabregas were walking out with their suitcases singing "We'll meet again, Don't know where don't know when . . . . . "

Arsene Knows!!!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Haha just seen this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... not-judge/

Exactly as I suspected, he knows to keep his paymaster happy, I didn't think my opinion of Wenger could drop much lower, well it just has, always knew he was a company man, f*ck me I hope we finish 17th next season if that is what it takes to get rid of Wengerc**t and start the process of cleansing ourselves of Wiggyw*nker.

Now realise things have to get really bad if they are ever to get better..

:banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Right here we go for another season...

Charity shield on Sunday then Leicester on Friday....hate to always criticise but we look totally unprepared

the signings we need to strengthen the team have not been made, he is now reported to be offering an improved offer for Lemar

Is Lemar worth that money £60/80 million....i am not convinced

Do we need him if Sanchez stays??

Have we really got Cech in goal again all season, where is Santis replacement, and is he really thinking of playing Elneny at CB...??

Why has the deadwood not been shipped out??

Liverpool will be stronger this year, we will not finish above City, Chavs and United

I am thinking 5th or 6th position finish, just my opinion.......

jmp442

Post by jmp442 »

After all that happened last season i genuinely thought it would be different this summer but so naive.

Cant understand why we haven't shipped the deadwood out. On the 1 hand we are saying we will give up 50m+ to make Sanchez stay, yet we are haggling over a couple of £m for players like Keiran Gibbs who we got for pittance as a youth players.

And Lemar looks a quality player but why didn't we just go and get him 2 months ago before Monaco sold all their other good players?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

He said: “Not at all, we are professional football people and I think what it means to be professional is to focus on your job and the strength of professional people is not to be diverted by noises that are not their problem … I think to be professional is to focus on what is your job and after that the only way you can focus on your job is to show it on Sunday, next game is always the most important.”

Asked about the morality of the bloodsports channel, Wenger said: “Look, I cannot judge because I don’t know what’s going on, I have not been informed about that and so I cannot give you anymore information on that.”

This needs to be saved for two reasons. Once we start protesting again and people complain it affects the team, this can be rolled out.

And the part I've highlighted....is this the first time since he has been at the club that he doesn't know what's going on, that he doesn't have an opinion or is this just the very first time he's decided to keep his know it all opinion to himself???

Arsene Your boss has started a pay per view TV channel where people can sit and watch animals being hunted to death. THERE, now you know what's going on.....so what's your opinion, you miserable coward?

NickF

Post by NickF »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:54 pm
6 years ago :-

"Nasri and Fabregas will not be leaving the club. You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that"
He wasn't wrong though, there has been f**k all ambition since.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

jmp442 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:41 am
After all that happened last season i genuinely thought it would be different this summer but so naive.

Cant understand why we haven't shipped the deadwood out. On the 1 hand we are saying we will give up 50m+ to make Sanchez stay, yet we are haggling over a couple of £m for players like Keiran Gibbs who we got for pittance as a youth players.

And Lemar looks a quality player but why didn't we just go and get him 2 months ago before Monaco sold all their other good players?

I honestly think he doesn't want to get rid of them. He likes having these shit players around because he can control them and play the father figure. He babys the players and likes it that they know no different. He's like an emotionally abusive parent or partner in that he has to have complete control over another individual.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I love the sense of moral indignation on here but you cannot seriously expect to Wenger to criticise his boss who pays him so well .
I was only half joking about the bloodsport mob ,they will tear into this like a pack of hounds on a Fox .
The sight of a few of em on the pitch against ironically the Foxes will have me asking for a ticket !
Kroenke on the other hand will give not a single shit !

On the playing side we haven't gone for Lemar because we haven't raised any money from clearing out the deadwood of which we have so much so only the sale of Sanchez will trigger more buying metinks .

I have a feeling that Wenger will be more "experimental " this year with team formations which could lead to chaos !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:32 am
He said: “Not at all, we are professional football people and I think what it means to be professional is to focus on your job and the strength of professional people is not to be diverted by noises that are not their problem … I think to be professional is to focus on what is your job and after that the only way you can focus on your job is to show it on Sunday, next game is always the most important.”

Asked about the morality of the bloodsports channel, Wenger said: “Look, I cannot judge because I don’t know what’s going on, I have not been informed about that and so I cannot give you anymore information on that.”

This needs to be saved for two reasons. Once we start protesting again and people complain it affects the team, this can be rolled out.

And the part I've highlighted....is this the first time since he has been at the club that he doesn't know what's going on, that he doesn't have an opinion or is this just the very first time he's decided to keep his know it all opinion to himself???

Arsene Your boss has started a pay per view TV channel where people can sit and watch animals being hunted to death. THERE, now you know what's going on.....so what's your opinion, you miserable coward?
Whilst i totally agree, (and that goes for all your posts) this cowardly despicable man will never give up his £8.9 MILLION a year....they will have to get him out of the Emirates with a crow bar

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Oh! What Beautiful Irony It Could Be To Have Someone "Hunt" Wenger Out Of His Job...And Then Help Wiggy to the "Other-side" :wink:

With that denial of Wiggy's Bloodfest Channel wenger has confirmed all that I have recently come to think about him.

A Money Grabbing, Egocentric, Despot, Delusional LIAR

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 am
Right here we go for another season...

Charity shield on Sunday then Leicester on Friday....hate to always criticise but we look totally unprepared

the signings we need to strengthen the team have not been made, he is now reported to be offering an improved offer for Lemar

Is Lemar worth that money £60/80 million....i am not convinced

Do we need him if Sanchez stays??

Have we really got Cech in goal again all season, where is Santis replacement, and is he really thinking of playing Elneny at CB...??

Why has the deadwood not been shipped out??

Liverpool will be stronger this year, we will not finish above City, Chavs and United

I am thinking 5th or 6th position finish, just my opinion.......
I think most logical unbiased gooners will agree 5th/6th is about right, where is this "catalyst for change" Ivan???. :blah:

Chelsea overall are about the same strength with the in and out transfers, City I would say are slightly stronger, United will likely be stronger, Liverpool will likely be a little better and if we keep Sanchez we will be a little stronger as well, though I think people forget that Lacazette is not a £50M player in reality like Sanchez and Ozil were/are, he will improve us but not hugely.

Spurs are the unknown as they have done nothing in the market (yet) and will be playing at Wembley, they could possibly slip quite a lot this season but even then we still have 4 clubs that are arguably stronger than us and certainly have a better manager.

I am not convinced about our strength in midfield just because Xhaka/Ramsey seemed to work for 10 games at the end of last season, we know Cazorla will miss most of the season and I can't seeing mediocre players like Elneny or Coquelin starting, Lemar is fine but we need someone else as well.