The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've always thought that hidden away somewhere deep inside the Ox is a top player trying to get out. But he looks like he has no self belief or confidence at times and the minute he makes a mistake his head goes down. Technically he is very good and can run with the ball, but all too often he runs out of ideas at the end of that run and just gives away posession. A top man-manager and technical coach would get a lot more from him than Wenger ever will. It will sicken me to watch him lift the PL trophy with the chav in a year or two... :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm
The Ox has been telling anyone who will listen since last season he's leaving ,but as usual only TOF thinks he will or can keep him !
He hasn't been used well and he hasn't developed as he should have but i still think a good coach will get much much more from him and
Wenger will hate that !
thats one of the main reasons Wenger will hate him leaving, will his ego stand another coach improving Oxlade Chamberlain...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:49 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm
The Ox has been telling anyone who will listen since last season he's leaving ,but as usual only TOF thinks he will or can keep him !
He hasn't been used well and he hasn't developed as he should have but i still think a good coach will get much much more from him and
Wenger will hate that !
thats one of the main reasons Wenger will hate him leaving, will his ego stand another coach improving Oxlade Chamberlain...
What I said.. But Wenger won't even let one's like Jenkinson or Chambers go....just in case...... but Wenger will spin it if Ox leaves and succeeds... Look yes,he has done very well but people quickly forget he received all his development here at Arsenal, of course we were sorry to lose him...we are a family here at...... :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Red Heron

Post by Red Heron »

The Ox to chelsea nearly done and Mustafi to Inter milan. another season of profits and almost zero spent. transfer window after transfer window we been lied to yet the only protest we do is jump up and down on this forum. We are Real madrid when it comes to moaning and complaining and FC Maribor when it comes to protesting. our fans have no backbone and are all bunch of cowards. congratulations Arsenal FC Fans! Keyboard warriors of the year award goes to all of you!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

Red Heron wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 pm
The Ox to chelsea nearly done and Mustafi to Inter milan.
Source ? Not rumour

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Red Heron wrote:
The Ox to chelsea nearly done and Mustafi to Inter milan. another season of profits and almost zero spent. transfer window after transfer window we been lied to yet the only protest we do is jump up and down on this forum. We are Real madrid when it comes to moaning and complaining and FC Maribor when it comes to protesting. our fans have no backbone and are all bunch of cowards. congratulations Arsenal FC Fans! Keyboard warriors of the year award goes to all of you!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
We are not all cowards, the best form of protest is to boycott, a zero spend policy, which is exactly what my policy is until the mad professor and greedy wig wearing w*nker do one. I'm expecting to be richer for quite some time (sadly).

:banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 pm
markyp wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:22 pm
the Ox Is off ive just heard it almost from the horses mouth,if hes not a Chelsea player by the end of the transfer window then he will be this next year on a free,appparently hes fed up with wenger,surprise!! looks like we will have walnut to contend with forever :shock:
That'll be a bit shit but Oxlade Chamberlain has never made himself undroppable. And Wenger hasn't improved him.

If we could get Draxler from PSG and sell Chamberlain, then I'd be as happy as Larry.

We'd still be shit but I'd be happy. :barscarf: :)

Larry who??? :?

General

Post by General »

Ah the hackneyed sentiment if we sell B- and bring in A+, yet the reality is it never happens. Ox leaves, step forward Maitland Niles.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:08 pm
Ah the hackneyed sentiment if we sell B- and bring in A+, yet the reality is it never happens. Ox leaves, step forward Maitland Niles.
And then be ruined after a few decent performances, then a really shit one, then dropped for the rest of the season and confidence fucked because of it, then farmed out on loan after loan then sold on...... fuck me i just got déja vu

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:03 pm
General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:08 pm
And then be ruined after a few decent performances, then a really shit one, then dropped for the rest of the season and confidence fucked because of it, then farmed out on loan after loan then sold on...... fuck me i just got déja vu
They only get sold on once he has completely destroyed their careers and there is not the slightest danger of them succeeding elsewhere.

A truly despicable man.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Red Heron wrote:
Rather ironic any protest that was had was originated by these guys on this forum, with their money time and effort, and yes it really got to Wenger

You can't blame them for the remaining "fans" at the Emirates not taking part

Agreed the general apathy from that lot is spineless...but then again do they really care???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Heron wrote:
Sorry to interupt your rousing speech there, mr street fighter, but would you mind telling us what you've done personally to make you think you are entitled to fire such horseshit out of your mouth? :wink:

Also, I love the irony of you having a pop at internet forum keyboard warriors from behind a keyboard on an internet forum... :lol: :oops: :duh:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Red Heron wrote:
Agree with the sentiment mate but for the record - I and a few other lads from this Forum decided to step out from behind our keyboards last season. We organised numerous protest marches, 2 aeroplanes that flew over matches, protests at the training ground, a laser light show on the new stadium and several other stunts that really got to Wenger.

That is more than any other top club has ever seen and we intend to do the same again later this season.

So you can call us what you want but please don't call us keyboard warriors.

Ta :lol:

General

Post by General »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:48 am
Red Heron wrote:
Agree with the sentiment mate but for the record - I and a few other lads from this Forum decided to step out from behind our keyboards last season. We organised numerous protest marches, 2 aeroplanes that flew over matches, protests at the training ground, a laser light show on the new stadium and several other stunts that really got to Wenger.

That is more than any other top club has ever seen and we intend to do the same again later this season.

So you can call us what you want but please don't call us keyboard warriors.

Ta :lol:
Unless he's been hiding on the moon, surely he'd know about all of this.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Just take a step back for a moment. Have a good think about what is actually going on here. We all know Arsenal provide luxury for all their players.
They are paid almost triple of what Spurs players get.
Nobody wants to sign for us apart from Lacezette who wanted to go to Athletico but couldn't because of the ban.
So many want to leave its press the red button time. Whatever Wenger/Kronke has done has put us on on downward spiral that may last for decades.
Stan won't sell he never does, only hand us on to his son. Without direction from the top we can never compete for the top players. Scary stuff and very sad for us fans.
Protest after protest could go on for years because if the new manager is not backed up by big spending then in today's game you get nothing