Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by OneBardGooner »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:50 pm
Ox might win nothing at Liverpool, but he'll be playing for a great manager who will go all out to win stuff. And a manager who might help him fulfill his potential to become a fantastic player rather than a merely decent one.
Two thing's are for sure:

1. He will improve under Klopp.

2. He'll have to keep a reserve stock of hubcaps in his garage.

:D

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Players now prepared to take a huge pay CUT to escape from the madman

"Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be paid about £125,000 a week by Liverpool.
Turned down new Arsenal contract worth up to £180,000 a week"

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:55 pm

If that can be 100% proved it should be put on every banner, billboard and newspaper ad out there, 'Ox takes wage cut to escape Wenger'. :twisted:

I wonder what the 'Prof' will have to say about it :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Currently having his Liverpool medical at St George's Park apparently.

I wonder if it lasts as Higuaín's did?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

What would throw the cat in amongst the pigeons would be if he Failed the medical. :shock: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

General wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:44 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 am
This move by Liverpool for Chamberlain stinks of football politics.
According to John Cross there has been bad blood between the two clubs since the Suarez £40m+£1 incident.
I would say this has more to do with van Dijk than Chamberlain himself. I'm sure I saw a clip on BT sport in which Chamberlain declared his idol was Gerrard, and aspires to be like him. So, with Gerrard on the Liverpool tràining staff I imagine that is a big pull for him.
For football political reason selling him to Liverpool for anything less than £50m would in my mind push Arsenal lower down the list of desirable clubs to play for.
John Cross has to be the most pathetic journalist in the media. Wenger will do business with anyone willing to pay up.
Ox wants to play in midfield and has made this desire known for sometime. Wonga did so two seasons ago against Barca in the CL only for him to injure himself with a suicidal tackle on Mascherano. That put him back to square one and it's been up and down since. Considering the cloggers we are currently playing in there, he should be disappointed he's not given a look in. It would explain the poor performance against Liverpool as he looked like he just didn't want to be there.

Chelsea have quality in midfield and are looking to buy Drinkwater or Barkley so his chances are slim there. I'm not sure about Liverpool either unless they shift one or two players. Likely he will run down his contract and leave on a free. If he cannot get in this Arsenal midfield, likely he won't get into another top 6 side for the money Arsenal are asking for. You can't knock him though for looking after his career.
Can't knock him for it at all. In fact I'm sure I've said earlier in the thread he needs proper coaching, hoping we'd get a new coach, not him leave. Good luck to him, I'm not gonna boo him, he wants to improve then leaving is the best thing for him.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 am
This move by Liverpool for Chamberlain stinks of football politics.
According to John Cross there has been bad blood between the two clubs since the Suarez £40m+£1 incident.
I would say this has more to do with van Dijk than Chamberlain himself. I'm sure I saw a clip on BT sport in which Chamberlain declared his idol was Gerrard, and aspires to be like him. So, with Gerrard on the Liverpool tràining staff I imagine that is a big pull for him.
For football political reason selling him to Liverpool for anything less than £50m would in my mind push Arsenal lower down the list of desirable clubs to play for.
He is also very good mates with Jordan Henderson from their under 21 days with England.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

And his first words were....
" I have always supported Liverpool from when I was young".... :puke:

Good riddance and make sure your car and house security is up to date... :evil:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Personally don't think he will make a top CM as long as I have a hole in my arse but fair fucks if he's found a club that will play him there.

Still think he will turn into a better player than he ever would have under Wenger, but if you offered me the choice to undo his transfer of Gnabry's I'd choose the latter every day of the week. Still can't get my head around that.

No ill-feeling towards the bloke, given that he's turned down a cushy lifestyle at us on enormous wages to do what's right for him as a footballer.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:55 pm

If that can be 100% proved it should be put on every banner, billboard and newspaper ad out there, 'Ox takes wage cut to escape Wenger'. :twisted:

I wonder what the 'Prof' will have to say about it :rubchin:

That would be an absolute class banner and would probably the best caption of any done last season 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Good luck to him. Really shows how cancerous Wenger is when he takes a massive pay cut to go elsewhere.

General

Post by General »

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Sent a text to a fellow Gooner last night saying Ox is becoming a Victim..His response was " I'd rather be selling him than buying him"
I am sorry to see him go, he isn't world class but better than a lot of what we have.
If true that he has taken a lower pay offer to leave then it needs to be highlighted but I wonder if that story was wormed into the equation by Arsenal safe in the knowledge that Ox wanted to go anyway..

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

fuck him in the under 23s , i hope he doesnt get near the first team for the rest of the season.
Fortunately we have the strength & depth in the squad to keep him out. Walcott lurks......

Or lurches...it's one of those.

Leeches

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:00 pm
Liverpool have opened talks according to SSN.
Yeah just saw that. The Ox ain't the brightest if he thinks he is gonna win major trophies at the mousers. :oops: :lol: I know he is a Gerrard groupie and his >squeal swoon< dream is to be felated - oops, sorry - coached by the Great Scouse Diver, but ffs at the chav at least he'd have a chance of bagging a PL winners medal.... even if it has the words "Bought by a cúnt for cúnts" written on it... :D :wink:
regardless of what he may or may not win at Liverpool the bottom line is why would any player with an ounce of dignity want to play at Arsenal right now??? the ox is doing the right thing for sure
Partial horseshit, mate. :wink: Leaving Arsene PLC is right for any ambitious player. Going sideways to the mousers is stupid when he could go to the chav and have a good chance of winning the PL and maybe the CL in the next 2 to 3 years. He'll never win them at the mousers.