The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:32 pm
xisstential wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:27 pm
I guess those reinforcements aren't coming :cry: :cry: :cry:
To be fair he didn't actually say reinforcements would be coming to us, although i didn't expect him to mean our rivals reinforcing instead if i'm honest :?
We must not get caught up in all the emotion...just remember - Arsene Knows

Fuck

All

NickF

Post by NickF »

Call me cynical but the Lemar bid smacks of typical Arsenal - make a huge bid knowing it is not going to be accepted. They can then say at least we tried...

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 pm
Call me cynical but the Lemar bid smacks of typical Arsenal - make a huge bid knowing it is not going to be accepted. They can then say at least we tried...
Think it was just a case of Wenger fancies him, but not enough to pay too much, but as they wanted to shift Sanchez they needed a big money 'replacement' but Lemar just didn't want to join a serial loser like Wanger.

Now we'll get the positive spin about keeping Sanchez, err for 9 months... :roll:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

As usual "transfer deadline day" turns out to be a massive bag of sh**e, dickhead on sky with his wanky yellow tie talking crap about nothing, zero has happened. I'm delighted that TOF has massively f**ded up, he's just pissed away 60 mil and has the bonus of Sanchez sulking around until July. The atmosphere is going to be toxic for the rest of the season, imagine if Bournemouth score first....boom!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

PSG splurge 350 million on two players.

FFP gonna make us world beaters eh? :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The club is so f**king devious. We were never getting Lemar ...but not getting rid of Sanchez makes it look like we signed somebody.

With all the smoke and mirrors, bullshit, lies,cunning and outright deviousness, the bottom line is we got in a freebie 3 months ago and bought a striker 6 weeks ago. The rest of the time,amidst all the bullshit, we have been selling,selling,selling and trying to sell

And...and...and...we have finished in the black.

And

And

And

We

Signed

Sanchez

Again :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Oh how we laughed when Wenker bought Welltoss on deadline day not so long ago.

How we openly mocked the vindictive old Bastard after the 8-2 bum snogging triggered the now infamous trolley-dash.

This year? Fuck all comedy factor: he's even depriving us of the gallows humour to be found in ripping the piss in desperation out of our moribund club.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Well that was truly epic...................

Transfer window s**t

Season s**t

Not sure why I even pay any interest to this s**t game anymore, might take up knitting

:roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Mustn't forget..he said before the 'Pool game..."he is happy with the squad,more than happy".

An unlucky 4-0 thrashing where we inexplicably fell away in the final 88 minutes is not going to suddenly change his mind.

Arsene Knows....

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:06 pm
Mustn't forget..he said before the 'Pool game..."he is happy with the squad,more than happy".

An unlucky 4-0 thrashing where we inexplicably fell away in the final 88 minutes is not going to suddenly change his mind.

Arsene Knows....
Yes stop making "knee jerk reactions", you have not work even half a day in football.

:censored: :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Well thank fuck we managed to fight off all those offers for Walcott,eh?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:09 pm
Well thank fuck we managed to fight off all those offers for Walcott,eh?
:lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:51 pm
NickF wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 pm
Think it was just a case of Wenger fancies him, but not enough to pay too much, but as they wanted to shift Sanchez they needed a big money 'replacement' but Lemar just didn't want to join a serial loser like Wanger.

Now we'll get the positive spin about keeping Sanchez, err for 9 months... :roll:
Lemar was playing tonight so it was very unlikely anything was going to happen.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Barca considering a 60m bid for Ozil, yeah right :lol:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Well what a load of shite that was :roll:

So the useless old cúnt fucked off on deadline day again to be the French Andy Townsend on TF1 or whoever is mug enough to pay him another undeserved salary.

Objectively we should have taken the money for Sanchez, but we need him more than the rest of the shite we have on the pitch. With our decimated defence and TOF continuing his obsession with playing players out of position and benching new signings, I wouldn't be surprised to see us mid-table in January. I hope we get fucked hard in the league in the next few months and his position finally becomes untenable, especially with the media who will be crucial in ousting him, along with protests. Light a fire under the old bastard.