THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by BFG4 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:13 am
Watching the Sunday Supplement today...amazing how the journalists "understand the fans frustrations " but the majority in the past said " be careful..." or called protesters disrespectful.
The media world now knows that Wenger is finished and are jumping ship as quickly as possible. ..
After the shit show we have seen in the last week, the one crumb of comfort would be seeing the journos grill Wenger in his next press conference, but of course that will never happen. To sum up the recent list of Wenger fuck ups:

1. He chose to start two players in a big game that he knew were going to leave the club(one of which was going to the club we were playing against)

2. He lied all summer that neither Sanchez or Ox would be leaving, and due to his incompetence we are stuck with Sanchez who doesn't want to be at the club.

3. He penny pinched over the Lemar deal all summer, but then bid 90 million on the last day of the window - when Lemar had a match for France that night.

What are the odds of any of these points being raised at the presser? Nope, just ask pointless questions about team news, and everything but the clear problems at the club.

General

Post by General »

Chill lads, we won the Super Bowl last season and just delivered a profit in the transfer window. Kroenke thinks everything is perfect and who better to continue with this push towards unprecedented success than Lord Wonga himself.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:21 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Watching the Sunday Supplement today...amazing how the journalists "understand the fans frustrations " but the majority in the past said " be careful..." or called protesters disrespectful.
The media world now knows that Wenger is finished and are jumping ship as quickly as possible. ..
After the shit show we have seen in the last week, the one crumb of comfort would be seeing the journos grill Wenger in his next press conference, but of course that will never happen. To sum up the recent list of Wenger fuck ups:

1. He chose to start two players in a big game that he knew were going to leave the club(one of which was going to the club we were playing against)

2. He lied all summer that neither Sanchez or Ox would be leaving, and due to his incompetence we are stuck with Sanchez who doesn't want to be at the club.

3. He penny pinched over the Lemar deal all summer, but then bid 90 million on the last day of the window - when Lemar had a match for France that night.

What are the odds of any of these points being raised at the presser? Nope, just ask pointless questions about team news, and everything but the clear problems at the club.

Also publicy stated that lacazette is not ready for the English Game, and benched him for our biggest game. played an out of form right back as a left back, and put our best left back who is good in both boxes on the bench, refused to change shape until we were 3-0 down at which point it did not matter

Played an attacking line up, but never managed a shot on target.

We played so poorly if i had not seen it I would not have believed it. No shots on GOAL for an attacking team/Coach.
we could have shipped 10 and i think we will at some point this season. i think Old Trafford will be a nightmare

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Has he gone yet?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

He just can't fucking help himself, can he?

As soon as there's a hint of pressure he tries the old faithful guilt-trip.

"I thought about leaving" (last season)

"I spoke to PSG".

:puke:

General

Post by General »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:08 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Also publicy stated that lacazette is not ready for the English Game, and benched him for our biggest game. played an out of form right back as a left back, and put our best left back who is good in both boxes on the bench, refused to change shape until we were 3-0 down at which point it did not matter

We played so poorly if i had not seen it I would not have believed it. No shots on GOAL for an attacking team/Coach.
we could have shipped 10 and i think we will at some point this season. i think Old Trafford will be a nightmare
Physical effort can only go so far in compensating for structural weaknesses. All you heard about after the Liverpool game was how the players were not true and it's true some blatantly were not fully committed, but ultimately they were set up to fail. There is no point in trying to make sense of the situation because Wenger is under zero pressure to deliver and when there is no accountability irrational decisions get made. If Wenger was on the cusp of losing his job at Anfield, he wouldn't have selected that team. Conte threw on a half fit debutant Bakayoko against Tottenham and that's the difference.

He then goes to back to France and gives these nonsensical interviews because they worship him over there and see him as one of their greatest footballing exports. 4years ago he probably would've sanctioned Sanchez's sale to City and not bothered to replace him because the AKBs were still a majority. He knows the mood has changed now and it would explain why he's suddenly embarked on this PR exercise to explain his transfer decisions.

When Geoff Shreeves asked him after Liverpool that the Arsenal fans were once again singing 'Wenger out' there wasn't a single hint of contrite, he just deflected blame and said it's ok if the fans think he's the problem and he wants the fans to be on side blah blah. Kreonke has given him free license to consolidate his power base and there is no way he's going to get sacked. I'd strongly suggest our profitability in the transfer window is a calculated attempt to keep Kroenke on side.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

officepest wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm
He just can't fucking help himself, can he?

As soon as there's a hint of pressure he tries the old faithful guilt-trip.

"I thought about leaving" (last season)

"I spoke to PSG".

:puke:
What he means is he phoned them and they told him to FUCKKOFF !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:24 pm
Has he gone yet?
Is the cuntslop brown bread yet? :twisted:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

General wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:20 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:08 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Physical effort can only go so far in compensating for structural weaknesses. All you heard about after the Liverpool game was how the players were not true and it's true some blatantly were not fully committed, but ultimately they were set up to fail. There is no point in trying to make sense of the situation because Wenger is under zero pressure to deliver and when there is no accountability irrational decisions get made. If Wenger was on the cusp of losing his job at Anfield, he wouldn't have selected that team. Conte threw on a half fit debutant Bakayoko against Tottenham and that's the difference.

He then goes to back to France and gives these nonsensical interviews because they worship him over there and see him as one of their greatest footballing exports. 4years ago he probably would've sanctioned Sanchez's sale to City and not bothered to replace him because the AKBs were still a majority. He knows the mood has changed now and it would explain why he's suddenly embarked on this PR exercise to explain his transfer decisions.

When Geoff Shreeves asked him after Liverpool that the Arsenal fans were once again singing 'Wenger out' there wasn't a single hint of contrite, he just deflected blame and said it's ok if the fans think he's the problem and he wants the fans to be on side blah blah. Kreonke has given him free license to consolidate his power base and there is no way he's going to get sacked. I'd strongly suggest our profitability in the transfer window is a calculated attempt to keep Kroenke on side.

Yeah they were setup to fail, i still don't understand why he would do this, I just know that he is not stupid I am not a football genius and i could see what was going to happen, so he must see it.

What does he stand to gain by playing a dodgy line up against them.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

13 years.

Battering after battering.

Failed youth project.

Champions League exits.

Players not developing.

Injuries never accounted.

Arsene's Red and White Army post 2005.

What a monumental disaster. Top club my bollocks.

Thanks Gazidis, Kroenke, Dein.

:censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Its all positive from Gazidis, mind you on £3 million a year for doing nothing life would look rosy

'At the end of the window, reviewing all activity, we have once again improved the depth and quality of the squad,' Gazidis wrote in an email sent to players and staff on Friday via the Daily Star.
'Everything is coloured by results... a positive performance at Liverpool would have coloured this transfer window very differently,' he continued.
'We have had a poor start to the season but have the quality to turn it around and turn around performances and compete for the title'.

what was that last bit compete for the title.... :coffeespit:

General

Post by General »

Once again Gazidis talks a good game but the reality is different. I agree with him on the hysteria surrounding the transfer window, but this has only happened because of the way the club conducted itself and the ridiculous late bid for Lemar. People are desperate to see players brought in because they know Wonga doesn't possess the pragmatism or tactical acumen to overcome the deficiencies. This team is doomed to fail, we've seen the signs for 13years. Good luck to Gazidis surveying another shipwreck of a season in May.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.manche ... a-13566954

More insufferable waffle about values and commitment to the people who pay him. Not the fans but his paymasters. Always has to try sell himself as a man of virtue and such impeccable "values"

Ghastly man.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I guess the real truth about what Kroenke is doing with all our money will remain a mystery for a while. What we do know is that Wenger backs him 100 percent and is happy to make a profit on a transfer window where we needed to sign some world class players. Man Utd make it look easy even Levy gets great deals done just in time.
Actually he is just as vital to the spuds as their manager.
I think the utter shambles of our board and manager have filtered through to players like Lemar and we finally find ourselves in a position where the best won't sign for us.
Can you imagine 10 years ago that our best player would want to leave for Man City.
United, Chelsea even Liverpool yes but Man City and their great history and fan base compared to us.
We can guess that Kroenke is using Arsenal as a cash cow to fund his USA teams and new stadiums he is building.
Even if we finish 10th we will still be making huge amounts of money so he can simply do nothing and see his investment grow year by year.
Wenger gets his huge wage and no pressure from the owner on results.
It's a winning combination :shock: