Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 pm
we will be heard
By Usmanov?

I hope not. From a previous post I made;

Didn't Jabba last season say he thought Wenger was still the right man for the job? :| His last comments I can find are from April 2017;

I do not think that the coach alone is to be blamed for what is happening,” Usmanov, 63, said. “Some continuity is needed. This includes the need to prepare a successor for Wenger, but in a very respectful way. I can suggest that Wenger himself can prepare a successor.”

...and from June 2017;

"I am pleased Arsene Wenger will continue to manage Arsenal for the next two years - he is one of the best coaches in Europe."

Fuck Usmanov so. Fucking lunatic. :censored: :twisted:

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

as we should all know by now, what these people say to the press may not translate in to how they act once they get their hands on the tiller.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:17 pm
as we should all know by now, what these people say to the press may not translate in to how they act once they get their hands on the tiller.
Good point, but I would not trust Jabba as far as I could throw the fat bastard tbh. He never fully explained his involvement in Everton to my liking, coming out with half-truths and subterfuge about his investment company's interest in Everton only being down to his partner, not him...

We certainly need someone to buy out Wiggy Racoon Head but I don't think Jabba would be much better for us either... :|

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

as far as I'm aware only his friend/business partner bought shares in everton. I take it he became frustrated with the lack of involvement or progress at arsenal. there was also a sponsorship of the training ground by one of his companies, I don't really see a problem with that. if bill gates bought arsenal I couldn't care less who Microsoft advertise with.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm
as far as I'm aware only his friend/business partner bought shares in everton. I take it he became frustrated with the lack of involvement or progress at arsenal. there was also a sponsorship of the training ground by one of his companies, I don't really see a problem with that. if bill gates bought arsenal I couldn't care less who Microsoft advertise with.
That's a bit naive, mate. Last January, Jabba's holding company, USM Holdings, became Everton’s first ever "training-ground partner" in a five-year multimillion‑pound sponsorship deal. Everton's owner, Farhad Moshiri, is also chairman of USM Holdings. You don't see anything dodgy there? Like a back door Everton buy-in for Jabba if he can't buy out Wiggy at The Arsenal?

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

why would it need to be back door? if he wanted to buy everton he could.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:49 pm
why would it need to be back door? if he wanted to buy everton he could.
Not as a major shareholder at Arsenal he couldn't. It's against the rules.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Premier League rules prohibite “dual ownership,” aimed at maintaining proper competition, and forbid a person who owns more than 10% of one club to buy shares in another.

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

none of us know any of these people really but I don't see what's naïve about believing the man's a genuine arsenal supporter and is willing to take the club forward. at the moment I don't see the alternatives. I'm sure if he eventually finds there's no hope and gives in he may want to have involvement elsewhere, when he would sell his shares in arsenal to you know who.

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:22 pm
canonspark wrote:
Good point, but I would not trust Jabba as far as I could throw the fat bastard tbh. He never fully explained his involvement in Everton to my liking, coming out with half-truths and subterfuge about his investment company's interest in Everton only being down to his partner, not him...

We certainly need someone to buy out Wiggy Racoon Head but I don't think Jabba would be much better for us either... :|
so what devious plan do you think usmanov is plotting? not been reading james bond novels on the beach this summer have you db?

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:22 pm
canonspark wrote:

I doubt he's planning some sort of Merseyside/London mega club based in the west midlands

NickF

Post by NickF »

canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 pm
none of us know any of these people really but I don't see what's naïve about believing the man's a genuine arsenal supporter and is willing to take the club forward. at the moment I don't see the alternatives. I'm sure if he eventually finds there's no hope and gives in he may want to have involvement elsewhere, when he would sell his shares in arsenal to you know who.
Believing Usmanov to be "a genuine Arsenal Supporter and is willing to take the club forward" is naive IMO. He has been involved for a good number of years now and has done fuck all to move the club forward.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 pm
canonspark wrote:
Believing Usmanov to be "a genuine Arsenal Supporter and is willing to take the club forward" is naive IMO. He has been involved for a good number of years now and has done fuck all to move the club forward.

To be fair Nick, what could he do ? He has no power, the rest of the hierarchy have blocked him from day one and despite having 30% of the shares, he's not even allowed into board meetings. He previously offered to stick money in for transfers and his offer was rejected.

As for his occasional remarks in support of Wenger, I can only speculate, of course, but I suspect it's bullshit. If he were to slag the old clown off, he would attract the ire of the mad cultists, as well as the board, who are joined at the hip with Wenger. If he seriously wants the Club, he can't be seen to be a divisive figure. I doubt he'll ever get control, but if he did, I doubt Wenger would last 6 months. Only my opinion of course.

He's been treated as a complete pariah by the Club and if I were him, I'd be very pissed off. You know what I'd do ? I'd wait until the scum's new stadium was built, then offer Joe Lewis a fortune for the club (it'd be a lot cheaper than The Arsenal). If he agreed to sell, I'd sell up my Arsenal shares to Kroenke and watch our lot continue to decline, while I spent like a sailor at the scum, to make them the second Chelsea. Let's hope he's not as vindictive as I'd be !!

General

Post by General »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 pm
canonspark wrote:
Well what he can do? He has been marginalised and hasn't even got a seat on the board.
Given the choice between sticking with Kroenke and having Usmanov take over, what would you choose?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Usmanov is 100x more acceptable than Kroenke.

Removing Wenger like it or not will NOT solve the problem. That does not mean I support Wenger.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... geles-rams