CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:30 pm
NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 am
xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 am

I saw a stat the other day that said we have picked up 7 points out of a possible 75 against the top clubs. that stat should be put on a MASSIVE billboard as close to the Emirates as possible. How on earth does he spin that????
You mean on something like this? :wink:

Get that and ram the fucking team coach off the road with it,then they'll get the message. :cussing: :cussing:
Wenker will just say 'he didn't see it' and as for the players...most of the feckers can't read

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone hoping that the scoreline here might help raise the pressure on the French w**ker, are gonna be seriously disappointed cos I am expecting it to be no worse than a 3-0 or 3-1 defeat :roll: Where the pressure MIGHT heighten, is if the media highlighted the fact that the chavs will beat us without even going into 3rd gear - ordinarily a 2 or 3 goal margin in defeat isn't a big deal for clubs, but when it is blatantly obvious that the opposition stopped trying after they went 2 goals ahead, then that is a shocking indictment on the abilities of our players.

Anyway, as I said above, this will be a comfortable win for the chavs

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm
Anyone hoping that the scoreline here might help raise the pressure on the French w**ker, are gonna be seriously disappointed cos I am expecting it to be no worse than a 3-0 or 3-1 defeat :roll: Where the pressure MIGHT heighten, is if the media highlighted the fact that the chavs will beat us without even going into 3rd gear - ordinarily a 2 or 3 goal margin in defeat isn't a big deal for clubs, but when it is blatantly obvious that the opposition stopped trying after they went 2 goals ahead, then that is a shocking indictment on the abilities of our players.

no chance that we might win this then augie - as in 3 of the past 4 meetings with this lot ? :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

I know that after the last upgrade someone on here (think it was the midget mod) queried the new quoting system where we cant see the names of those quoted, but I am wondering if efforts are being made to rectify this or if we are stuck with it ? Tbh I think it is a load of bollox when you cant see the authors of the posts quoted, and would be very much in favour of a revert to the old system

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 pm
augie wrote:

no chance that we might win this then augie - as in 3 of the past 4 meetings with this lot ? :D :wink:

No chance - when did we last win in their shithole ? I think the alleged rapist was our main man in the team that day, so that will give you an idea of how long ago that was :roll: :oops: :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:33 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:

No chance - when did we last win in their shithole ? I think the alleged rapist was our main man in the team that day, so that will give you an idea of how long ago that was :roll: :oops: :oops:
fair point.
since that flukey 5-3 win back in 2011/12 these are the following results at the Bridge

12/13 lost 2-1
13/14 lost 6-0
14/15 lost 2-0
15/16 lost 2-0
16/17 lost 3-1

doesnt really inspire confidence for Sunday :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:

fair point.
since that flukey 5-3 win back in 2011/12 these are the following results at the Bridge

12/13 lost 2-1
13/14 lost 6-0
14/15 lost 2-0
15/16 lost 2-0
16/17 lost 3-1

doesnt really inspire confidence for Sunday :oops:
And legginess, do not forget legginess from our "European" excursion.

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:

Can I just say that game was first time I'd been to Chelsea for years and I also haven't been back since.
So if anyone has a spare ticket I'm good luck! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It will definitely get fiesty at some point...there's bound to be a penalty..and 100% guaranteed is wenger flapping his arms around moaning at the 4th Official.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

we're getting quarabagged :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

So 2 offside goals
2 from corners that were goal kicks
2 more as we were a leetle bit jaded after the cologne match in which we played only 1 1st teamer iwobi

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wenger "Looook Chelsea had 48 hours extra to prepare plus they had an easier game than us in midweek....we were not mentally sharp enough so played with the handbrake on to a degree, also I felt the referee made some mistakes which is hard to swello (swallow).."

Reporter" but Arsene only three players who played today were involved Thursday "

Wenger " yes you could say that, but I tell you there is more involved in football than simply playing games , you must prepare mentally with focus and I could see we were a leeetle short in that today"

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 am
General wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am

I've always believed there is something else in there as well. I think deep down, deep, deep down, he knows he is not capable.... so to spend 200m and then still fail...how is that going to look??

So now he is in the black, he can and will, spin Lacazettes cost into irrelevance, it will be spun that he hasn't spent anything, because on paper, he hasn't. So when one of the Manc clubs win the league he can say...Errr...well loook they have spent :blah: :blah: :blah:

He is not only a master manipulator, he is a complete coward as well.

If he was handed the entire Real Madrid squad at the start of the PL season, he still wouldn't win the title, he wouldn't even mount a serious challenge. Maybe Top 4, not because of him, rather in spite of him.
If he can bullshit his way out of press conferences with this nonsense about financial health, just imagine what Mr 30years is telling them in the boardroom. I'd imagine in a room full of coaches, he will talk about anything but football.

I do believe in the austerity years, Wenger took it one step further and the whole thing became a bit of an obsession. He suddenly finds himself in a situation where the purse strings are relaxed and he doesn't know what to do.
That's not true at all. Many people close to Arsenal said that after we signed Lacazette we didn't have the money to go for Lemar until we sold OX and was ready to sell Sanchez.
Don't let your hate of Wenger cloud what is really going on because all that will happen will be something very similar in the transfer window with a new manager.
I want Wenger out as much as anyone but I know our board is a longer term problem. Our club is being used to back up Kroenke with his USA stadiums. We need to have a healthy bank balance to be useful to him
All fans who only see Wenger as the problem will be in for a shock.
So your saying, despite being in the riches league in the world and having one of the highest match revenues, we can only afford £45m on transfers without selling?
Yes that's what many people have said. Wenger does not have control over what he has to spend. Kroenke is building stadiums in the USA and does not care about Arsenal competing for trophies he said it himself.
None of it makes sense but listen to the podcast on arseblog with the reporter from the BBC and he makes it very clear. Again I'm not defending Wenger he needs to go but we are in much worse position than just Wenger.

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:34 am
NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 am
General wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am

I've always believed there is something else in there as well. I think deep down, deep, deep down, he knows he is not capable.... so to spend 200m and then still fail...how is that going to look??

So now he is in the black, he can and will, spin Lacazettes cost into irrelevance, it will be spun that he hasn't spent anything, because on paper, he hasn't. So when one of the Manc clubs win the league he can say...Errr...well loook they have spent :blah: :blah: :blah:

He is not only a master manipulator, he is a complete coward as well.

If he was handed the entire Real Madrid squad at the start of the PL season, he still wouldn't win the title, he wouldn't even mount a serious challenge. Maybe Top 4, not because of him, rather in spite of him.
If he can bullshit his way out of press conferences with this nonsense about financial health, just imagine what Mr 30years is telling them in the boardroom. I'd imagine in a room full of coaches, he will talk about anything but football.

I do believe in the austerity years, Wenger took it one step further and the whole thing became a bit of an obsession. He suddenly finds himself in a situation where the purse strings are relaxed and he doesn't know what to do.
That's not true at all. Many people close to Arsenal said that after we signed Lacazette we didn't have the money to go for Lemar until we sold OX and was ready to sell Sanchez.
Don't let your hate of Wenger cloud what is really going on because all that will happen will be something very similar in the transfer window with a new manager.
I want Wenger out as much as anyone but I know our board is a longer term problem. Our club is being used to back up Kroenke with his USA stadiums. We need to have a healthy bank balance to be useful to him
All fans who only see Wenger as the problem will be in for a shock.
So your saying, despite being in the riches league in the world and having one of the highest match revenues, we can only afford £45m on transfers without selling?
Yes that's what many people have said. Wenger does not have control over what he has to spend. Kroenke is building stadiums in the USA and does not care about Arsenal competing for trophies he said it himself.
None of it makes sense but listen to the podcast on arseblog with the reporter from the BBC and he makes it very clear. Again I'm not defending Wenger he needs to go but we are in much worse position than just Wenger.
Isn't building a stadium in the USA just a covenient excuse for the Wenger apologists? Kroenke has loads of sports franchises in the US he can borrow money against and him and his wife are billionaires - they're good for any loan. He doesn't need to use Arsenal to get money. I get that Kroenke isn't sticking his hand in his pocket like PSG or City owners but apparently £150m was spoke about as a warchest, which would seem about right given the money we get from Sky and matchday income. Yet we turnover a profit.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ok I am going to make a rare defence of Wenger here :oops:

It is ridiculous that Chelsea get an extra 48 hours to prepare for the game on Sunday.
1) It gives Wenger an easy excuse for defeat that will be lapped up by the AKBs
2) It means that Wenger is forced to play a weakened team v Cologne

I know that TV dictates things to such an extent now that the Europa League has to take place on a Thursday, but it really is the one thing that should change in football. In the past when we used to compete in the UEFA or Cup Winners Cup (and I mean compete rather than half heartedly take part) the games used to take place alongside the European Cup on Tuesday/Wednesday nights. As well as adding to the prestige of those cups it also meant all clubs were on a level playing field.

ok rant over - modern football is rubbish. I know :banghead: :banghead: