CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by General »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:57 am
Ok I am going to make a rare defence of Wenger here :oops:

It is ridiculous that Chelsea get an extra 48 hours to prepare for the game on Sunday.
1) It gives Wenger an easy excuse for defeat that will be lapped up by the AKBs
2) It means that Wenger is forced to play a weakened team v Cologne

I know that TV dictates things to such an extent now that the Europa League has to take place on a Thursday, but it really is the one thing that should change in football. In the past when we used to compete in the UEFA or Cup Winners Cup (and I mean compete rather than half heartedly take part) the games used to take place alongside the European Cup on Tuesday/Wednesday nights. As well as adding to the prestige of those cups it also meant all clubs were on a level playing field.

ok rant over - modern football is rubbish. I know :banghead: :banghead:
Whether we have 1 week or 24hours to prepare, or a level playing field, Wenger will always find an excuse, so what's the point. It's actually more enjoyable watching the CL without our farcical involvement.

Neilers C

Post by Neilers C »

I've a feeling we're gonna get a result, I really hope we do as a defeat and it all spirals out of control again.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:

It is ridiculous that Chelsea get an extra 48 hours to prepare for the game on Sunday.

I know that TV dictates things to such an extent now that the Europa League has to take place on a Thursday, but it really is the one thing that should change in football. In the past when we used to compete in the UEFA or Cup Winners Cup (and I mean compete rather than half heartedly take part) the games used to take place alongside the European Cup on Tuesday/Wednesday nights. As well as adding to the prestige of those cups it also meant all clubs were on a level playing field.

Spurs did it last season, have a smaller squad than us and still finished above us....way above us. Chelsea, if they needed to, could probably make 6 changes to a mid week team and still beat us.

I seriously believe any decent, solid team, with a savvy, astute manager who does his homework can get a result against us. Wenger is lazy, he couldn't be bothered to study the opposition and I firmly believe the main reason for that is that even if he did he wouldn't know where to begin to counter any threats they posed.

Look at last season, he spoke before WBA about the aerial threat they posed from set pieces & corners....and Boom!!

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:

PSG played a league match last Friday night - they had international players all over the world all week, and still they played a league game on the Friday night. Can you imagine wenger ever agreeing to that ? :roll: There is ZERO difference between playing a champs league game on the Wednesday and a league game on the Saturday, as opposed to playing the tinpot spursday night game and a league game on the sunday - it seems that there is one excuse after another for wenger and especially for his akb w**kers army :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Neilers C wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 am
I've a feeling we're gonna get a result, I really hope we do as a defeat and it all spirals out of control again.
What does?? I dunno where you've been, but it's been spiraling out of control since he broke up The Invincibles.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Neilers C wrote:
As I said on a previous post on this thread, we didn't win any of our away games against the top 7 last season, and we took 1 point from those games. This season already has shown what happens, when we meet one of the top sides. Also, we haven't won at Stamford Bridge, since 2011, and I think AVB was the manager then.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm
I know that after the last upgrade someone on here (think it was the midget mod) queried the new quoting system where we cant see the names of those quoted, but I am wondering if efforts are being made to rectify this or if we are stuck with it ? Tbh I think it is a load of bollox when you cant see the authors of the posts quoted, and would be very much in favour of a revert to the old system
It has been brought up but we have not been given an answer yet, Baldylocks. We will keep asking though as the current quoting is proper fucking shit. :|

General

Post by General »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am
Neilers C wrote:
As I said on a previous post on this thread, we didn't win any of our away games against the top 7 last season, and we took 1 point from those games. This season already has shown what happens, when we meet one of the top sides. Also, we haven't won at Stamford Bridge, since 2011, and I think AVB was the manager then.
Big Phil Scolari was managing them at the time I think.

You are being generous by calling them top sides. Any well drilled team with a bit of quality would give us trouble. Wonga knows this that's why he said our season will depend on our home form. We lost 7 and drew 3 on the road last season. I think we are going to fair worse this season, there's already a disaster brewing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Call that a "Rant" !!!?? FFS... :? :D :wink:

Even if we weren't playing Thursday night - the Chavs will still turn us over Big Time...

:rubchin:

Yup! That's about it for now ...except

#fuckoffwengercuntslop

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm
ok no excuses :D
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/13/arsene-we ... e-6925236/
I bet he will use it as an excuse if (when) we get beaten on Sunday.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

NickF wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:59 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm
ok no excuses :D
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/13/arsene-we ... e-6925236/
I bet he will use it as an excuse if (when) we get beaten on Sunday.
He won't, because if he tries that the press will say..."but Arsene you specifically said on Wednesday..... :coffeespit:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Neilers C wrote:
don't you want it to spiral out of control?do you not want wenger sacked?have you not had a gut full the past 13 seasons?? are you 10 years old?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 pm
Neilers C wrote:
don't you want it to spiral out of control?do you not want wenger sacked?have you not had a gut full the past 13 seasons?? are you 10 years old?
:popcorn: :D

Rush

Post by Rush »

markyp wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 pm
Neilers C wrote:
:tonysaunders:
This ought to be good.... One Bard pass the beer.... :D