FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Ahhh now Martin zzz Keown sucking Wengers dick!.... 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I know he isn't the most popular player round these parts (particularly with our Oirish fans) but give me Wilshere over Ramsey, Xhaka, Elneny, Coquelin, Maitland-Niles or any of the other useless, paceless cocks we play in that position. More heart, pace, invention and quality of passing in 20 mins than those 5 cocks will manage between them all season

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Bate Boris up next, can't wait.... :rubchin:

Rush

Post by Rush »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:56 pm
I know he isn't the most popular player round these parts (particularly with our Oirish fans) but give me Wilshere over Ramsey, Xhaka, Elneny, Coquelin, Maitland-Niles or any of the other useless, paceless cocks we play in that position. More heart, pace, invention and quality of passing in 20 mins than those 5 cocks will manage between them all season
Totally agreed. If only he cud become shatterproof... :(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Not sure Jack is "unpopular " with the Oirish fans.. certainly not with me..Delighted to see him playing as he has more passion in his little finger than most of the others have collectively..

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Rush wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Totally agreed. If only he cud become shatterproof... :(
He is only injury prone because Wenger overplayed him - injuries were not s problem for him at Bournemouth.

It is one of the reasons why I hate Wenger - he destroyed Wilshere's career 😡

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Sean wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:55 pm
Farce-nal off the pitch before the game, but another win rescued for TOF :roll:

It's a shame that The Old Fraud doesn't just turn these Europa games over to SB5, seeing as TOF thinks higher of the shit on his shoes than he does the EL; we may have had a chance of winning the bastard.

As usual, we fuck up again to start with; a desperate clearance from Ospina leading to an early goal for Cologne. Whilst we pass sideways and backwards in front of the opposition, as we always do, and fuck up any half chances we have. Same old shite in the first half.

TOF looks fucking ridiculous in that fucking pink trim coat. I guess Puma must be trolling him, as Nike did with the infamous sleeping-bag coat. The miserable old cúnt should be wearing slippers and a thick blanket over his legs.

Very surprisingly we deigned to make a substitution at half-time and abandon the three at the back even earlier in the game than usual. Seems like some of the Tarquins fucked off back to their mansions at half-time as well. Walcott almost fucked up yet another chance, only for a lucky deflection from a defender into Kolasinac's path, who smashes it in well for the equalizer. Never any fucking about from our new signings, until they have been Wenger-ized into square-passing, shot-shy pansies.

Sad to see the double-barrelled pubber fuck up a dribble into a near one-on-one. Then Sanchez scores a wonderful solo goal; cutting in from wide to curl the ball in from 25 yards to quieten down the Cologne fans. Fucking magnificent! He clearly doesn't give a fuck about TOF's inane 'no shooting from outside the box' policy. TOF barely celebrated that one. Then the crocked chav finally puts in an appearance for his hundred grand a week, as the bowl continued to empty.

Bellerin stuck away the third goal to cap a surprisingly good second half performance for the team. TOF phoned it in today; not even the standard fist pump celebration, lol. He doesn't care. I didn't expect us to overturn that shite first half. I hope we go all the way and win the Europa and any domestic cup, because following the league games are a total waste of time under TOF.

UTA :barscarf:
That last sentence, was thinking that myself. Players clearly don't believe they can win the league so they step it up in the cups. After all it's medals that count in a players career, and a clubs resume.

General

Post by General »

There's no way we're winning this competition. Better teams will drop down from the CL and put us out of our misery. No idea what UEFA were smoking when they made us joint favourites. We are the most unpredictable team in world football thanks to Wonga and his pathetic tactics. Once again he gives his favourites the night off and drags Sanchez into the fold.

Holding has fully morphed into a Wenger zombie defender now with his natural defensive instincts completely coached out of him and confidence completely shot to pieces. Where have we seen this before :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 am
There's no way we're winning this competition. Better teams will drop down from the CL and put us out of our misery. No idea what UEFA were smoking when they made us joint favourites. We are the most unpredictable team in world football thanks to Wonga and his pathetic tactics. Once again he gives his favourites the night off and drags Sanchez into the fold.

Holding has fully morphed into a Wenger zombie defender now with his natural defensive instincts completely coached out of him and confidence completely shot to pieces. Where have we seen this before :roll:
Such a good post. Seriously my mouth sometimes drops open when I read some of the other shit on here. Somebody saying how the players step up in this because they believe we can win this bit not the PL...these are, mentally, the weakest players in the PL with the weakest manager....and we are winning FA. And I agree with you about Holding as well...he looks like Mertersacker's son and plays like him as well. His body language screams PANIC!!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Great atmosphere around the ground last night with masses of currants all over the show ,Highbury fields looked like a lively festival crowd had gathered ,Holloway road was buzzing and the bars that let them in probably had their best takings for ages .
Massive overkill of OB who clearly didn't know what to do about the situation and this am the media seem to be going bonkers when there was no violence at all..
There was a line of vans from the rocket to Holloway road station all on overtime no doubt .
Its also very clear Arsenal sold tickets directly to Germans in the home end but I'm sure they will slip out of it .
The match was utter dross until the last 20 Mins ,few promising moves from the youngsters and JAck looked lively but otherwise not much to cheer about .

markyp

Post by markyp »

as mentioned was good to see jack back,he gives us something we don't have since we let Rosicky go,someone that drives forward with the ball,the boy bleeds Arsenal,id take him over any of our mids right now especially Xhaka

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If as suggested above Arsenal PLC sold home tickets to Cologne fans it begs two questions..Did they do it knowingly? and When did they sell them to the Cologne fans?
My understanding,which is very much open to correction, is that tickets for UEFA games cannot be sold on the match day...but I could be wrong about that..
It was all over social media early in the week about the amount of Germans travelling..The Police and Arsenal had time to act on this...There were so many empty seats in the home sections and probably as many Cologne fans . In these days when the club virtually know your shoe size could they not ,via email, relocate Arsenal fans and leave a block of 20,000 for Cologne fans and advertise it..? After all for big FA Cup ties..Spurs and Liverpool in 2014 for example home fans are relocated.
The comparatively low level of interest from home fans last night would have meant little or no problem in doing this.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

In the light of Rob Holdings sudden demise I think a new banner would be appropriate..ARSENE WENGER DESTROYS MORE CENTRAL DEFENDERS THAN HENRY AND BERGKAMP..

NickF

Post by NickF »

Since we moved to the new ground it seems quite clear that the club became money over anything else. It now seems that they are not too bothered about their own fans safety by selling a large amount of home tickets to away supporters.

Fortunately this time it doesn't seem to be much more than a load of pissed up Germans watching their team but it could've been a lot worse.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Seriously, Steve.... everytime you drag this one up, no one bites... time to just put your little UKIP t-shirt back in the closet until the next Interlull... you are starting to embarrass yourself, mate... :lol: :wink:

Anyballs, good to see Jack back for the first of his usual 5 or 6 games before injury rules him out for anther 9 - 18 months... :(

More importantly, wow what a night of European Glory! This is why we left Highbury kids!! :barscarf:

Yep, to rub shoulders with a crowd of fucking idiotic small club Superfans and get outnumbered and outsung by them in a soulless shithole of a stadium in the European equivalent of the fucking league cup. :roll:

Yaaaaaayyyy!! :barscarf:

:oops: :roll: