FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 am
In the light of Rob Holdings sudden demise I think a new banner would be appropriate..ARSENE WENGER DESTROYS MORE CENTRAL DEFENDERS THAN HENRY AND BERGKAMP..
:lol:

Love it. 8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Listening to some call in fans who were at the game and Robbie from AFTV, the majority of the German fans were good natured and just wanted to get in....and they did it in any way possible, a lot of them wearing Arsenal shirts and ending up with the home fans, then trying to get across to their mates. The one caller said he and his boy had a fantastic time with his new German mates and is meeting up with them in Cologne for the away leg. He also said when they scored so many among their section jumped up to celebrate and were singing non stop, he wished our fans behaved like that at matches....... he said the Arsenal fans were just sitting there recording it on their phones :shock: :? :?

The fact that only 5 people were arrested causing all this "mayhem" says it all really.

In a "lucky break" for TOF reporters are saying because of the "trouble" off the pitch nobody is reporting on the continuing Arsenal troubles on the pitch. Lucky break for Wenger huh?? For a change :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 am
Since we moved to the new ground it seems quite clear that the club became money over anything else. It now seems that they are not too bothered about their own fans safety by selling a large amount of home tickets to away supporters.

Fortunately this time it doesn't seem to be much more than a load of pissed up Germans watching their team but it could've been a lot worse.
True. Imagine if it had been the Galatasaray vermin or the Roma ultras scum? :box: :| :censored:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:07 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 am
In the light of Rob Holdings sudden demise I think a new banner would be appropriate..ARSENE WENGER DESTROYS MORE CENTRAL DEFENDERS THAN HENRY AND BERGKAMP..
:lol:

Love it. 8)
So do I, I kid you not, my heart breaks for that kid. Obviously the old PRICK heaped most of the blame on him after 'Pool (not going to upset his senior players is he) dropped him for Bournemouth, then chucked him back in here because he's saving his pets for Chelsea. The kids confidence looks shot to pieces, panic screams from his every move.

Fortunately he has the calming, father figure influence alongside him of the BFG and that of Mr. 30 years, gently, yet firmly shouting encouragement from the touchline.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The media yet again made a mountain out of molehill about over 20,000 Germans that descended on London like Attila the Huns marauders...
Honestly beer fuelled invaders that raped and pillaged our homes!

Get a grip, I believe there were 4 arrests, thats what you call a European night, something to remember, an edge to it rather than the usual slip in and out support!...

Well done Koln....

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

The media getting all the mileage out of this story , according to the mail they were doing nazi salutes :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

i can hear the Dambusters approaching, my Mrs said this morning "what happened last night at football...
It's getting tasty now boys!!... 8)

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Last night was brilliant. They obviously love their football in Cologne and made the whole event miles more passionate then anything we saw in 20 years of Champions League.
Football is about your mates and loving the 90 mins. In our League it's become stale with very boring teams winning the League. I mean who thinks Chelsea were good to watch last season.
We had no chance of winning the Champ League so this Europa adventure will be more interesting than I ever expected.
:barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

True. Imagine if it had been the Galatasaray vermin or the Roma ultras scum? :box: :| :censored:
didn't we sell the gala scum a load of club level seats and then throw out Arsenal fans for supporting the team ??

The Club have sold them the tickets although I'm sure they will blame touts and season ticket holders ,they could have given them 8000 tics and redirected the arsenal fans into a different area !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:02 am
Last night was brilliant. They obviously love their football in Cologne and made the whole event miles more passionate then anything we saw in 20 years of Champions League.
Football is about your mates and loving the 90 mins. In our League it's become stale with very boring teams winning the League. I mean who thinks Chelsea were good to watch last season.
We had no chance of winning the Champ League so this Europa adventure will be more interesting than I ever expected.
the Europa League could be a great competition.
it just gets a bad press because of the Thursday night matches.

my best memories of Arsenal in Europe are not in the Champions League - they are of the Cup Winners Cup 1994 and 1995
its nice to be in a competition where you actually think you have a chance (although of course with Wenger in charge that is sadly not the case)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:30 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:02 am
the Europa League could be a great competition.
it just gets a bad press because of the Thursday night matches.

my best memories of Arsenal in Europe are not in the Champions League - they are of the Cup Winners Cup 1994 and 1995
its nice to be in a competition where you actually think you have a chance (although of course with Wenger in charge that is sadly not the case)
One of the main reasons the Cup Winners Cup was so good was because it was a knock-out cup competition. Modern European club comps are tedious as hell because of the "league" format that leads to too many games that have no real repurcussions for the teams involved (same as the CL). The Europa league is tedious shite to me tbh.

I've never enjoyed any of our CL campaigns as much as I enjoyed that CWC run in 1994. Even in 2006 the whole campaign was tainted for me because we were not champions and should not have been in the CL. :|

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

This shows once again what a shower of bastards are running our club.

They knew there were up to 20,000 away fans coming. They knew that very few home tickets were sold. All they has to do was set aside a much larger area for the away fans and there would have been none of the drama.

The fact that there were only 4 arrests show that they didn't come looking for trouble.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

All the news outlets are refering to "crowd trouble" as if it was a riot ffs.... :oops: :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

BBC reporting of last night's fun:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41272419

Absolutely loved the comments at the end:

"Got to my usual seats in Club level with my 11-year-old son. Surrounded by Cologne fans. So unsafe we have been moved to the other side of the ground. Worst feeling at football in 40 years of watching home and away."

What, did those beastly German take all the prawn sandwiches??
Can't believe that someone who has watched football for 40 years never saw anything worse in the 70s and 80s. :roll:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 am
This shows once again what a shower of bastards are running our club.

They knew there were up to 20,000 away fans coming. They knew that very few home tickets were sold. All they has to do was set aside a much larger area for the away fans and there would have been none of the drama.

The fact that there were only 4 arrests show that they didn't come looking for trouble.
I agree the Emirates looked like a League 2 stadium with so many empty seats. Cologne should have been allocated 10,000 at least because this was a special night for them. Our fans can't be arsed to go to matches anymore. That's the real downside of the Wenger/Kroenke years.